By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft goes listing. Kinect against Wii and Move

BMaker11 said:
Seece said:
BMaker11 said:
Seece said:

Ugh, again, none of it is lies. They're misleading yes, very misleading .. but they're tallying up how much it would cost to play a fitness game on Wii.

I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying. It's not lies, it's just incredibly misleading.

"Also notice how they completely ignore that theirs is the only one incapable of supporting 3 or more players. Where is that on these bullshit charts?"

Wow another clever cloggs that doesn't GET marketing, why the fuck would Microsoft shit on their own chart?? Do you REALLY need this question answered ... please don't say "it's rhetorical ra ra ra"

I wish some people would use their heads when it comes to stuff like this ...

So you think it was ok when Sony said the 360 costs $500 then? Because you sure are supporting the same logic here...at least from a marketing standpoint

Edit: Look what I found lol

Seece:

You don't expect this UTTER crap from a company. Just when I started to soften towards Sony they pull this BS.

- Wifi, if you actually even WANT this you can get it for as cheap as $70 brand new on ebay.
- HD, $30 for a 20GIG, $80 for a 120GIG BRAND NEW. Not only that but if you bought an Arcade don't Microsoft give you FREE memory cards and a "20gig HD for $5 or something?
Online - $25 - $30 if you shop around and trust me its not hard. 
HDMI, well it IS in all models now so why even add that, not to mention at least Microsoft pack a free HDMI cable with the elite! 

REAL COST

$325 - $380

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/2759/sony-spin-in-overdrive-ps3-cheaper-than-360/

Before, this type of marketing was "utter crap" but now it's "very economical with the truth". Whatever floats your boat, man

I never said I agreed with MS's marketing, I said it was econimical with the truth, which it is, and so was Sony's.

Sony and Microsoft are pathetic for doing this. I can't help it if I find Microsoft's version with Wii Fit more amusing, hey, at least they're showing immagination rather than Sony's boring chart

Edit - Also keep looking for a post where I say Sony' is lieing.

Everything I said in that Sony post, I still mean today.

But before...it was utter crap, and you were "softening up to Sony" until they "pulled this BS"

Now M$ does the EXACT same truth, and it's "economical with the truth". What happened to it being utter crap and BS? All I'm asking.

It is utter crap, and it's not needed, from either company. I don't know why Microsoft have bothered taking on one of Sony's bad traits to be honest.

I don't need softening to Microsoft, and this does little to change my opinion on them other than the fact they're stupid wasting their time on this.

I'm completely fine with Sony these days, and their latest chart is nowhere near as bad as this one.

My reaction is more mellow now because, I actually find this chart amusing, the absurdness of adding wii fit. xD

Around the Network

They added the Wii board in to show Wii total motion package. They  are just trying to sell the idea Kinect is a good buy. On the other hand with both PS3 and Wii you get a lot more hardware (controllers) which show just how expensive Kinect really is.

Reasonable said:

Well, I'll ignore Live and the fact MS are assuming you have to have full motion control for 2 (which clearly you don't) but if they're going to add Wii Fit then they need to add the cost of a decent set of bathroom scales as unless I'm missing something Kinect, while I'm sure it can read your body, is going to need them to weigh yourself and enter the figure - so if we're talking eachy peachy then they need to add the scales!

How do you know how many motion controls I have? Well in any case you're wrong because I have 3 Wiimotes, 2 nunchucks and 2 M attachments.

WilliamWatts said:
Reasonable said:

Well, I'll ignore Live and the fact MS are assuming you have to have full motion control for 2 (which clearly you don't) but if they're going to add Wii Fit then they need to add the cost of a decent set of bathroom scales as unless I'm missing something Kinect, while I'm sure it can read your body, is going to need them to weigh yourself and enter the figure - so if we're talking eachy peachy then they need to add the scales!

How do you know how many motion controls I have? Well in any case you're wrong because I have 3 Wiimotes, 2 nunchucks and 2 M attachments.

You read him wrong.

He isn't saying you cleary don't have multilpe controllers, he's saying that you clearly don't need to have multiple to enjoy motion controls.

I prefer this chart/comparison myself (credit to the neogaf poster who came up with it)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
BBH said:
WilliamWatts said:
Reasonable said:

You read him wrong.

He isn't saying you cleary don't have multilpe controllers, he's saying that you clearly don't need to have multiple to enjoy motion controls.

You read me wrong. I was kidding.

WilliamWatts said:
BBH said:
WilliamWatts said:
Reasonable said:

You read him wrong.

You read me wrong. I was kidding.

?

Reasonable - You don't need multiple controllers to experience motion control

Watts - You're wrong, I have 3 Wiimots, 2 nunchucks and 2 M attachments

Maybe it was a joke, but lol you can see where I'm coming from.

ameratsu said:

I prefer this chart/comparison myself (credit to the neogaf poster who came up with it)

ROFL!!!!! WIN!

ameratsu said:

GAF's threads are always filled with awesome like this

morenoingrato said:

Adding the balance board in there is cheating.

It is a completly optional article that doesn't affect the "core games"

so kinect with no console: $300, with console  $150 (and 2 players max) (only one game)

wii no console 2 player: $260, 4 player $380, with console 2 players: $60, with console 4 player $ 180 (and wii comes with 2 games)

psmove with 2 player (with the pad (up to 2 players with pads)): $510, 4 players (no pad support): $550, with ps3 2 players: $210, ps3 4 players (again, no pad support): $250

So we all know which console has the best value.

That depends of your needs. Actually, its the PS3 that is selling closer to its manufacturing cost. By this fact we can safely say that it will be a better value for consumers who use the extra features. Your comitting an error if you really think that "we all know which console has the best value". Maybe it has the best value in regards of your needs but certainly not for everyone.

As an obvious example, simply add the price of a blu ray to the Wii. This chart would be as good as the one you made, but would take into consideration the needs of someone else. Or, if you always solo play why would you care about calculating the expense of extra controllers?  lol! All logic is valid as long as your able to exit yours...