By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft goes listing. Kinect against Wii and Move

Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
theprof00 said:

already posted. locking.

Also, it's all lies

You aint locking anything

Also none of it's lies. It's all very econimical with the truth though

Really? Wii Balance Board is required to enjoy Wii motion gaming?

Really? Navigation controller are required to enjoy PS3 motion gaming when the DS3 can be substituted as well as SONY flat out telling us that MOVE titles can be played with just the MOVE wand?

These charts aren't truth what so ever. They are just as much bullshit as the ones SONY showed us for years and after seeing so many 360 supporters attacking SONY for theirs I am dumbfounded as to why so many now defend these equally, if not more bullshit charts coming from MS right now.

Come on Seece, they are adding in bullshit to make their's seem the least expensive when for 2x player MOVE gaming you only need to spend $150 as a current owner (same as 360) and $70 as a Wii owner.

Also notice how they completely ignore that theirs is the only one incapable of supporting 3 or more players. Where is that on these bullshit charts?

Ugh, again, none of it is lies. They're misleading yes, very misleading .. but they're tallying up how much it would cost to play a fitness game on Wii.

I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying. It's not lies, it's just incredibly misleading.

"Also notice how they completely ignore that theirs is the only one incapable of supporting 3 or more players. Where is that on these bullshit charts?"

Wow another clever cloggs that doesn't GET marketing, why the fuck would Microsoft shit on their own chart?? Do you REALLY need this question answered ... please don't say "it's rhetorical ra ra ra"

I wish some people would use their heads when it comes to stuff like this ...

Around the Network

why would anyone pay anything for awful motion crap that only works with turdy casual games?

Does this mean we are going to have another bullshit war over more pieces of plastic.

Seece said:

Ugh, again, none of it is lies. They're misleading yes, very misleading .. but they're tallying up how much it would cost to play a fitness game on Wii.

I'm not agreeing with it, I'm just saying. It's not lies, it's just incredibly misleading.

"Also notice how they completely ignore that theirs is the only one incapable of supporting 3 or more players. Where is that on these bullshit charts?"

Wow another clever cloggs that doesn't GET marketing, why the fuck would Microsoft shit on their own chart?? Do you REALLY need this question answered ... please don't say "it's rhetorical ra ra ra"

It's still a lie. I played a lot fitness games on Wii and only 2 use the board mandatory. (Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus) Some of the other Fitnessgames use it for a few selected workouts. (for instance My Fitness Coach: Cardio Workout) Some don't use it. (for instance: My Fitness coach)

Besides the Wii Balance Board can do stuff, which Kinect can't do, like measuring the weight of a person. Also I am not sure, if Kinect is able to measure the balance of a person as the balance board does (at least not as accurate).

A fairer comparision would be if they had taken Your Shape with the ubisoft motion cam. However this costs only 26 Euros now.

Misleading or not, an average consumer who's interested in gaming will look at that chart and still see that the Wii is the better value. Why?

1) Any new consumer who's looking to buy a console will definitely know of the Wii and know that Wii is known for it's fun Motion Controller based games.

2) According to MS's chart, Wii comes with 3 Full Games whereas Kinect comes with 1.

3) Since MS decided to add the Balance Board, you get the Balance Board and Wii Fit, which you don't even need.

4) Wii has a bigger library of casual games and big games like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Wii Series, etc.

5) Chances are, someone you know will probably own a Wii and you can play together up to 4 players later.

You don't have to be a genius to look at the stupid chart and see that the Wii is a better value for both New Consumers and Exisitng Consumers.

Around the Network

Ugh....it was bad enough when Sony was putting out this drivel and now MS had joined the fray.

Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:
theprof00 said:

already posted. locking.

Also, it's all lies

You aint locking anything

Also none of it's lies. It's all very econimical with the truth though

Really? Wii Balance Board is required to enjoy Wii motion gaming?

Really? Navigation controller are required to enjoy PS3 motion gaming when the DS3 can be substituted as well as SONY flat out telling us that MOVE titles can be played with just the MOVE wand?

These charts aren't truth what so ever. They are just as much bullshit as the ones SONY showed us for years and after seeing so many 360 supporters attacking SONY for theirs I am dumbfounded as to why so many now defend these equally, if not more bullshit charts coming from MS right now.

Come on Seece, they are adding in bullshit to make their's seem the least expensive when for 2x player MOVE gaming you only need to spend $150 as a current owner (same as 360) and $70 as a Wii owner.

Also notice how they completely ignore that theirs is the only one incapable of supporting 3 or more players. Where is that on these bullshit charts?

So you think it was ok when Sony said the 360 costs $500 then? Because you sure are supporting the same logic here...at least from a marketing standpoint

Edit: Look what I found lol

Seece:

You don't expect this UTTER crap from a company. Just when I started to soften towards Sony they pull this BS.

- Wifi, if you actually even WANT this you can get it for as cheap as $70 brand new on ebay.
- HD, $30 for a 20GIG, $80 for a 120GIG BRAND NEW. Not only that but if you bought an Arcade don't Microsoft give you FREE memory cards and a "20gig HD for $5 or something?
Online - $25 - $30 if you shop around and trust me its not hard. 
HDMI, well it IS in all models now so why even add that, not to mention at least Microsoft pack a free HDMI cable with the elite! 

REAL COST

$325 - $380

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/2759/sony-spin-in-overdrive-ps3-cheaper-than-360/

Before, this type of marketing was "utter crap" but now it's "very economical with the truth". Whatever floats your boat, man

Imagine my disappointment when I got my Wii in 2007 and I couldn't get my MANDATORY Wii Fit balance board because it hadn't been created yet.

Well, I'll ignore Live and the fact MS are assuming you have to have full motion control for 2 (which clearly you don't) but if they're going to add Wii Fit then they need to add the cost of a decent set of bathroom scales as unless I'm missing something Kinect, while I'm sure it can read your body, is going to need them to weigh yourself and enter the figure - so if we're talking eachy peachy then they need to add the scales!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Take out Wii Fit and this is incredibly in Wii's favor.