By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats your favorite story in a game ever?

Oooh I just thought of one! The first Shadowman! I love that game, I still play it on my PC. From the intro to the end I thought the story was excellent. Good characters, particularly Shadowman and Jaunty. Funny lines and good voice acting.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Around the Network

I'd say Silent Hill 2 but I did like the shadow hearts story just as much.

endurance said:
mine would be the metal gear solid stories

I see that there are many Metal Gear fans here :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The longest Journey,
Fallout,
Sam & Max,
Dreamfall ain't bad either,
Arcanum,
Full throttle is okay,
So is Monkey island

Metal Gear Solid series
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil MAIN series
Fatal Frame
TLoZ: Majoras Mask

Recently: Jeanne D' Arc, Lost Panet.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network

Myth 1 was awesome. It had a talking, treacherous head, an ancient prison that you could hold in one hand, and a villain who could only be slain by throwing his head into a bottomless pit.

Myth 2 was good too. Who knew that those lumbering, shovel-wielding healers from the first game were actually a highly trained force of masochistic samurai?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

hunter_alien said:
endurance said:
mine would be the metal gear solid stories

I see that there are many Metal Gear fans here :)

That is what is wrong with the world

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I'm torn between FFVI and Crono Trigger ... but keep in mind that cruel fortune has prevented me from ever completing a playthrough of Crono Trigger. So I would have to say that if I ever got to finish the damn game I would probably like that better. But not definitely . . . .

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

eugene said:
I hated the gameplay of Final Fantasy VIII. I only loved the story

The gameplay was just okay for me, but it is FFVIII's story that makes it my favorite FF.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Quality for Life