By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats your favorite story in a game ever?

I love the stories in the Shin Megami Tensei games, just because they are so different from the RPG norm. In fact, they've practically ruined me for other RPGs altogether...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Also, more PC adventure games deserve mention: Sam and Max Hit The Road, all the Monkey Island games, some of the King's Quest/Space Quest games, etc.

Hates Nomura.

Sam and Max is a good choice. I also liked Planescape:Torment reasonably well, if that helps. Generally though... blech. Mixing story with video games is bad for me.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I have only 2 games, that compete this title, from which i cant decide:
Ocarina of Time
Eternal Darkness

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Tough choice between Kotor and Mass Effect. Both games blew me away, especially the twists at the end. Freelancer is a personal favorite too. Oh, and Half-Life 2. Man, all those games are sci-fi, but what the hell...

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
I have only 2 games, that compete this title, from which i cant decide:
Ocarina of Time
Eternal Darkness

How is that a tough choice XD Eternal Darkness actually had a fairly deep story >_> Occarina of time was more or less the same of Nintendo's usual stories...

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Planescape Torment and Final Fantasy VIj. For very different reasons.

Fatal Frame
Leisure Suit Larry MCL
Day of Tentacle
the first 3 Monkey Island
Lufia 2
Chrono Trigger
Tales of Symphonia

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

LSL: MCL?

I'm going to pretend that this statement was sucked into some sort of void from which nothing can possibly return for the rest of eternity...

Hates Nomura.

I forgot HL/HL2. Yeah, it's close to Chrono Trigger for me. Great plot and backstory.