By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whats your favorite story in a game ever?

Hmm, I want to say FFVI but the story wasn't the thing that moved me as much as the character development.

Actually, no, I think I will go with FFVI. I played it before the internet ruined everything and the twists in that game moved me and I still remember the feeling of playing certain parts the first time.

Around the Network

MS Saga: A new Dawn

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

I love RPG's, but their stories arn't really the best. I forgot! My most recent favorite is Heaveny Sword.

Mine? Final fantasy and God of War, and jak.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Man thats a toughie >< let's see,

Metal Gear series, plot twists, great character developement, kinda twisted :D

God of War, GREAT character developement, revenge, sadness, and anger :D Very moving, very believable.

Wild Arms, GREAT music, character developement, simple yet well executed storys.

Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9, 10. I just didn't get into the characters with the other ones,  although I didn't like the characters in 9 they were believable.

Xenosaga, I adored most of the characters on my team, with some pretty solid voice work and a great artistic style the game was more like an interactive movie that delivered on all fronts.

Chrono Trigger, AMAZINGLY believable characters, great villains, wonderfull landscapes. Another masterpiece from Square.

Time Splitters Futer Perfect, the game was just funny, believable characters, natural sounding conversation :D Very pleased ^_^

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Classic!!! Amazing character developement :) Very believable dialogue. Just a classic pulp story that delivers :) 

Lufia 2, and Lunar get mentions :D 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

That's tough to say. Chrono Trigger was amazingly well woven, but there was a lot of stuff just left hanging.

Twilight Princess will always be big for me. It was good enough that didn't notice how linear the game was until I was just about to beat it.

Baldur's Gate is more for for the compilation of sub stories that you come across that the overall plot of the game. I also don't play without fanmods.

Majora's Mask was really good for the storyline, in many ways, far moreso than Ocarina of Time.

I can't really think of any other's that come close in terms of how good teh storyline itself was.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Lanceuppercut said:
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for SNES.

We have a winner.

Chrono Trigger is miles above everything else for me. So many incredible plot points woven together into an amazing narrative.

Super Mario Galaxy.

NOT.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Zelda OoT
Secret of Mana

I'm still not sure I've enjoyed a video game story since I was a kid, and I went back to the ones I DID enjoy when I was a kid (FF III/VI is a great example, as is FF II) and found them to be terrible... so, I guess my answer is "none?"

Civilization is good, if you consider that a story. Otherwise... nothing comes to mind.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">