By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! (10th July 2010)

BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

I also think that the lowering sales in America isn't just from the Slim launch effect wearing off but also the severe supply issues.  Most Gamestop's here in Missouri just got our new stock in this week we've been completely sold out almost since its launch but just got in a pretty large shipment. 

AND IT COULD ALSO BE THE THAT THE DISCOUNTED UNITS HAVE BEGUN TO SELL OUT

That's for sure part of it.  But also I WORK FOR GAMESTOP.  So yeah I know for a fact what our stock is so.......

YES YOU KNOW what ur stock is not what nationally the stock available is

This is completely true and I won't deny that at all.  In other states things could be radically different but I've talked to other employees from Gamestop from other states that are here on VGChartz what there supply situation looks like and we are seeing VERY similar things.  Also its worth noting that I have a pretty good grip on the stock in over 30 stores so that's def a good cross section to form an educated guess on.  I won't deny that the selling out of older units is also contributing to lower numbers, MS isn't even manufacturing the old model Elite anymore, or at the very least we haven't gotten a single one shipped to us since the Slim launch.

i was also talking about other retailers not just gamestop

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
scat398 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

His stock is the same as the rest of US stock, sold out and on back order.  Trying to imply otherwise is foolish.

i was talking about the overall stock available at every retailer.

There have been articles about stock being replenished on 16th ....

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

"Will this be first time ever 360 beats Wii and PS3 WW for an entire month?"

Reach then said

"if it continues till 16july then yes..."

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

then God said God meaning BHR-3

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112793&page=2 

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

but he was wrong...  it wasnt in the 90k to 100k range. 

BHR-3 hasnt been right on anything this year...

He is like NPD...give him a 10% margin of error.  

seriously bad joke

oh well...I try.

i meant that there is amrgin of error in everything so ur joke didn't make much of a joke

Atleast I don't get into PS3 vs 360 arguments constantly and get banned regularly.

wat PS3 V 360 arguments and how the hell do you know  what i get banned for,you are really trying too hard

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
scat398 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

His stock is the same as the rest of US stock, sold out and on back order.  Trying to imply otherwise is foolish.

i was talking about the overall stock available at every retailer.

There have been articles about stock being replenished on 16th ....

yes i agree that stock is not available at many places but he was talking as if he knew every retialer's stock

360 S Numbers strong but definitely falling in NA, next week will be interesting. I don't know why you guys are arguing about stock, sure maybe SOME Gamestop retailers in the US don't have them, but online on GameStop's site, Best Buy's site, and Amazons, they all have it, not backordered or w/e.

Around the Network

By the middle of August the PS3 will be in front again.

Thats what i think

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Solid_Snake4RD said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

"Will this be first time ever 360 beats Wii and PS3 WW for an entire month?"

Reach then said

"if it continues till 16july then yes..."

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

then God said God meaning BHR-3

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112793&page=2 

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

but he was wrong...  it wasnt in the 90k to 100k range. 

BHR-3 hasnt been right on anything this year...

He is like NPD...give him a 10% margin of error.  

seriously bad joke

oh well...I try.

i meant that there is amrgin of error in everything so ur joke didn't make much of a joke

Atleast I don't get into PS3 vs 360 arguments constantly and get banned regularly.

wat PS3 V 360 arguments and how the hell do you know  what i get banned for,you are really trying too hard

What am I "trying too hard" to achieve ? 

@ bolded - I'd say its pretty obvious.

LEGO Harry Potter doing very well! It sold ~900k in less than three weeks! I think it will sell more than 6m LT.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbox/browse_thread/thread/d8d50603bea98eb6 - Posted nearly 3 weeks ago

http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/06/19/e3-10-xbox-360-slim-selling-out/ - posted 4 weeks ago.

Amazon were out of stock a week after it released.

Know what they all say? Back in stock from 13th/16th/19th July.

Seece said:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbox/browse_thread/thread/d8d50603bea98eb6 - Posted nearly 3 weeks ago

http://www.gamestooge.com/2010/06/19/e3-10-xbox-360-slim-selling-out/ - posted 4 weeks ago.

Amazon were out of stock a week after it released.

Know what they all say? Back in stock from 13th/16th/19th July.

amazon was going out of stock and then had it back in stock.

you are amking it sound like they had it completely out of stock still july