By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! (10th July 2010)

Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

I also think that the lowering sales in America isn't just from the Slim launch effect wearing off but also the severe supply issues.  Most Gamestop's here in Missouri just got our new stock in this week we've been completely sold out almost since its launch but just got in a pretty large shipment. 

AND IT COULD ALSO BE THE THAT THE DISCOUNTED UNITS HAVE BEGUN TO SELL OUT

That's for sure part of it.  But also I WORK FOR GAMESTOP.  So yeah I know for a fact what our stock is so.......

YES YOU KNOW what ur stock is not what nationally the stock available is

This is completely true and I won't deny that at all.  In other states things could be radically different but I've talked to other employees from Gamestop from other states that are here on VGChartz what there supply situation looks like and we are seeing VERY similar things.  Also its worth noting that I have a pretty good grip on the stock in over 30 stores so that's def a good cross section to form an educated guess on.  I won't deny that the selling out of older units is also contributing to lower numbers, MS isn't even manufacturing the old model Elite anymore, or at the very least we haven't gotten a single one shipped to us since the Slim launch.   

Around the Network

360 should stay above 100K a week for the rest of July in NA judging by backorder demand, probably would have have been closer to 150K this week if MS could get more consoles in stores.  Next week with the Europe launch we should see  close to 300K WW.

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

I also think that the lowering sales in America isn't just from the Slim launch effect wearing off but also the severe supply issues.  Most Gamestop's here in Missouri just got our new stock in this week we've been completely sold out almost since its launch but just got in a pretty large shipment. 

That's for sure part of it.  But also I WORK FOR GAMESTOP.  So yeah I know for a fact what our stock is so.......

Calm down, hate to see what bizzare excuses you're going to come up with next week.

Calm down, hate to see what bizzare excuses you're going to come up with next week.

The tooth fairy stole all the PS3's, that's why it didn't beat the 360!!!!

yeah the tooth fairy had stoler all the 360's thats why it wasn't beating the PS3 SLIM for the past few months

pezus said:
Seece said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

America

Last Year This Year Difference
Xbox 360 56,919 102,697 45,778 (80%)
Wii 77,304 72,508  -4,796 (-6%)
PS3 35,085  50,670 15,585 (44%)
PS2 35,323 9,043 -26,280 (-74%)
DS 165,772 107,079 -58,693 (-35%)
PSP 37,935 14,958 -22,977 (-61%)

Worldwide

Last Year This Year Difference
Wii 183,247 161,879 -21,368 (-12%)
Xbox 360 106,863 147,456 40,593 (38%)
PS3 98,805 129,911 31,106 (31%)
PS2 88,058 31,636 -56,422 (-64%)
DS 520,459 279,017 -241,442 (-46%)
PSP 145,533 77,879 -67,654 (-46)

Wow, PS3 this year couldn't even beat 360 last year figures .... OUCH.

In America...And 360 was available at a lower price point then than PS3 is at now. So what's OUCH about that?

I was thinking ouch was for the xbox? no? :S weired

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

His stock is the same as the rest of US stock, sold out and on back order.  Trying to imply otherwise is foolish.

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

"Will this be first time ever 360 beats Wii and PS3 WW for an entire month?"

Reach then said

"if it continues till 16july then yes..."

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

then God said God meaning BHR-3

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112793&page=2

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

but he was wrong...  it wasnt in the 90k to 100k range. 

BHR-3 hasnt been right on anything this year...

He is like NPD...give him a 10% margin of error.  

seriously bad joke

scat398 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

His stock is the same as the rest of US stock, sold out and on back order.  Trying to imply otherwise is foolish.

lol wow talk about guess work....so if anyone imply anything different that your 'assumption' he/she is foolish? :P gotcha

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

He said tooth fairy.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

"Will this be first time ever 360 beats Wii and PS3 WW for an entire month?"

Reach then said

"if it continues till 16july then yes..."

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

then God said God meaning BHR-3

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112793&page=2

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

but he was wrong...  it wasnt in the 90k to 100k range. 

BHR-3 hasnt been right on anything this year...

He is like NPD...give him a 10% margin of error.  

seriously bad joke

oh well...I try.

Atleast I don't get into PS3 vs 360 arguments constantly and get banned regularly.

scat398 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

i was talking about the overall stock available at every retailer.