By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide up! (10th July 2010)

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

"Will this be first time ever 360 beats Wii and PS3 WW for an entire month?"

Reach then said

"if it continues till 16july then yes..."

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

then God said God meaning BHR-3

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

Wii Will take top spot WW next week

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112793&page=2

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

but he was wrong...  it wasnt in the 90k to 100k range. 

BHR-3 hasnt been right on anything this year...

Except there's a 10% margin of error. So he was right. ;)

Around the Network
scat398 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
scat398 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BenVTrigger said:

I also think that the lowering sales in America isn't just from the Slim launch effect wearing off but also the severe supply issues.  Most Gamestop's here in Missouri just got our new stock in this week we've been completely sold out almost since its launch but just got in a pretty large shipment. 

AND IT COULD ALSO BE THE THAT THE DISCOUNTED UNITS HAVE BEGUN TO SELL OUT

That's for sure part of it.  But also I WORK FOR GAMESTOP.  So yeah I know for a fact what our stock is so.......

YES YOU KNOW what ur stock is not what nationally the stock available is

His stock is the same as the rest of US stock, sold out and on back order.  Trying to imply otherwise is foolish.

lol wow talk about guess work....so if anyone imply anything different that your 'assumption' he/she is foolish? :P gotcha

I'm sorry is your opinion that the 360s wasn't sold out at reatilers for the last two weeks?  Or are you just trolling? 

Just so that we are clear it was sold out...that's not assumption or opnion.

it wasn't completely sold out,it was coming in and going out.

Another 2 to 3 weeks and we should see where the 360 baselines again in the US.  Now we're looking at 5 to 6 weeks to see the same for Others.  Japan is already back to baseline.

PS3 selling well in the face of the new 360 so I don't think we're going to see any major swings one way or the other out of this, so I guess soon it'll be all eyes on Move and Kinect to see how they upset the applecart.

PSP remains very week worldwide and would be really bad if not for Japan.

Nothing much in SW apart from the decent (but modest in size) start for Crackdown 2.

I do remain curious about the ratio of new 360 owners to existing owners buying Slims, as the SW for 360 doesn't seem to be seeing much of a boost from the Slim sales.  I'm working on the assumption that anyone who waited for the clearance sale on the old models wouldn't be spending a lot on new SW but instead are probably hitting the second hand market, but I'd expect a big glut of new Slim owners to start buying up the core titles but there doesn't seem too much evidence for that.

It's so hard to tell though.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Slimebeast said:
Seece said:

Nice Crackdown numbers, given it's meta score ....

Should eventually hit 1 million.

Good 360 numbers too.

Should be up next week in America, 16th is when more stock was reaching American stores.

What Meta Crackdown 2 got? Lemmi guess... 78%?

Red Dead Redemption, wow at those sales. Nearly 5 million copies already!

71%

I have a theory: Americans are slowly realizing XB360 Short is a redesign, not a new console.   

A thing that Europeans, except the English, always knew since the beginning.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

Reach then said

haxxiy added

It happened from 11-2005 all the way to 11-2006 I think. So we have already a full year of X360 dominance. Cool eh?

360 will be down in the 90-100k range next week in NA then tumble down to 60-70k by august

congrats to wii for taking top spot this week this means only the PS3 has outsold the Wii for 4 consecutive weeks 360 will now have to start from scrath to beat the wii for 4 weeks in a row it might do it with EU now having the 360S boost but there will be no boost from JP or much in NA so i dont think it will do it with the EU relaunch

PS3 could of been at 140-150k putting 360 in last after only just 3 weeks of 360S dominance going by the sources JP preview what happen in JP? well maybe there waiting for the 160/320gb white PS3s to release

all hail the GOD BHR-3

i won, over

wii beat 360 like i said and 90-100 means anywhere from 90000-100000 so i was i little off

i havent been right on anything this year those are big word coming from you

all the perdictions ive made this year there results havent shown up

gt5 vs reach

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111855&page=1

ps3 100m

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=102249

ps3>360 holidays

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111017&page=1#6

its amazing that you come in here and put down my threads b/c its you and seece who havent yet posted im any of those above

why do you think that is? i think you yella b/c you dont want to be mentioned in the results thread for the above mentioned

and as for me lossing my mojo sales arent as big as they were on here so i havent been pondering much but i promise you i got at least two mindblowing ones left for the year

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

Reach then said

haxxiy added

all hail the GOD BHR-3

i won, over

wii beat 360 like i said and 90-100 means anywhere from 90000-100000 so i was i little off

i havent been right on anything this year those are big word coming from you

all the perdictions ive made this year there results havent shown up

gt5 vs reach

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111855&page=1

ps3 100m

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=102249

ps3>360 holidays

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111017&page=1#6

its amazing that you come in here and put down my threads b/c its you and seece who havent yet posted im any of those above

why do you think that is? i think you yella b/c you dont want to be mentioned in the results thread for the above mentioned

and as for me lossing my mojo sales arent as big as they were on here so i havent been pondering much but i promise you i got at least two mindblowing ones left for the year

I have a good prediction cooking up aswell

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:

By the middle of August the PS3 will be in front again.

Thats what i think

The Arcade revision launches in the middle of August.

kowenicki said:
wholikeswood said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
BHR-3 said:

Seece said last week

Reach then said

haxxiy added

all hail the GOD BHR-3

Except there's a 10% margin of error. So he was right. ;)

or he was even more wrong....

Well it's a Schrodinger's cat situation, I guess, but still pointless having a pop at him over a 2k difference.

kowenicki said:

So far in the US then it has been...

360 = 129,325 americas 1st week

360 = 169,052 Americas 2nd week.

360 = 135,991 Americas 3rd week

360 = 102,697 Americas 4th week

PS3 Slim = 105,931 Americas 1st week

PS3 Slim = 164,166 Americas 2nd week

PS3 Slim = 112,881 Americas 3rd week

PS3 Slim =  83,225 Americas 4th week

I am very surprised that the boost to the 360 has been greater for what amounts to just a re-design v the PS3 re-design and price cut.

Others will be in PS3 favour quite a bit though where the price differential for the pre and post PS3 was a big factor....  and obviously Japan is not even up for debate.

It does cement the notion that the PS3 will only fall further behind in the US no matter what they do.

laughing out loud again

"for what amounts to just a re-design"

the cheapest ps3 sku was 300 even the old fats that were discontinued to 300 unlike the 360s case where it was 149 and even 99 with 2 free games

the ps3 was able to sell very close to the 360 but all with a $300 price tag, all those costumers were taking at least $300 out of there pockets for a ps3

if ps3s only $300 relaunch sold dangerously close the 360s relaunch of 99 149 249 and 300 what do you think will happen when ps3 goes to $199? SE Sales Explosions

so if anything you should surprised with ps3 boost

Play Me