By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 18 Game Thread

Silver-Tiger said:
Vetteman94 said:
trangentspree said:

One more question Vetteman. Will you be able to target someone tonight?

No I will not be able to,  like I said I have limitations on my abilities.

Telling us these limitations would help scum, right?

Of course

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
noname2200 said:

I'm confident that we will lynch a mafia today.  There are several reasons why I think sabby is mafia, but I'd like to begin by pointing out that either he is lying about being the bus driver or he is the mafia's bus driver. 

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

His alleged Day Three actions are also questionable.  Not only did he continue to not protect stefl, but he targeted two people who, by his own admission, he both suspected.   Where is the logic in this?  He feared that a bad guy might get targeted, so he swapped him for another bad guy?  Bull.

I'd also like to add that sabby is acting very, very differently than he did in the last game he played.  In the previous game, he was pro-town, and he aggressively pursued people who he thought were mafia: he stayed on Final-Fan's nuts throughout that game, evidence-to-the-contrary be damned.  And yet here he's very much been keeping a low profile, like he's making a point of not making any waves.  His biggest contribution to Day One was to try to end the day; I'm hard pressed to think of what else he's added to help us.  And I'm sure I'm not the only person who briefly forgot at some point that he was even playing.

To summarize: every one of the night actions sabby's claimed to have taken are complete BS, and his day actions are a complete 180 of how he performed when he was pro-town. 

Vote: sabby

I chose to pick Stefl on day one because I thought he had a valuable role which and I thought the Mafia would have targeted him. The reason why I thought he had a useful (pro-town) role is because of these quotes: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537188 AND http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538178

Because of the above two quotes, I was thinking that it's a possibility that Stefl could have an important role for the town. I haven't played with Stefl before, so I thought this was a slight mistake on his part (revealing that he got a "nice" role) and if the Mafia picked up this comment, I feared that Stefl could very well be Mafia dinner on night one. So he was my first target. Next, I looked to find someone who I considered was Mafia. Remember the Makingmusic situation on day one? After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin). One of these would be my second target (three of them were Mafia). I chose not to target Hatmoza because from past games, he has always acted crazy, and when he brought up the idea of MM being a jester, I could just see that this was crazy paranoia from him which made me believe that he was innocent. My opinion on him changed later when he was almost certain that Stefl was scum, and me doing the stuff I did could tell that Stefl was not scum. Those two above quotes come to mind. Secondly, I didn't decide to target RCT and Tanstalas because Tanstalas hinted at him being the bomb (a rather obvious hint)and RCT hadn't been posting much and when he did,they were rather vague so I couldn't get a good read on him. He unvoted MM; http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3538658 When he unvoted MM, it led me to belive that RCT was just "believing" all of Hatmoza's crap. So my target shrunk to Final-Fan and Khuutra. Both were quick to vote MM so it really came down to luck, and I happened to have targeted Final-Fan. 

Now, about that Khuutra statement, I am baffled. I DID target Final-Fan and Stefl so my only assumption is that Khuutra said that because he was Mafia and wanted to cause confusion among the town (even though he was dead and it's something he shouldn't have done.)

I'll post my other explanations soon cos I'm hungry.

If that what Sabby says is true then there is a slight posibility that dsis is Mafia, if he lies then dsis is Pro-Town...

Vetteman94 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Vetteman94 said:
trangentspree said:

One more question Vetteman. Will you be able to target someone tonight?

No I will not be able to,  like I said I have limitations on my abilities.

Telling us these limitations would help scum, right?

Of course

Of course? Then why did you say it!?

If anything the exchange makes me slightly more suspicious of trangentspree for asking it in the first place.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

noname2200 said:

I'm confident that we will lynch a mafia today.  There are several reasons why I think sabby is mafia, but I'd like to begin by pointing out that either he is lying about being the bus driver or he is the mafia's bus driver. 

The decisions he's claimed simply do not add up.  On Night One he switched Final-Fan and stefl?  Why?  We didn't know until Day Two that stefl had a useful power, so it couldn't have been to protect stefl.  He suspected Final-Fan?  No, because Final-Fan wasn't acting particularly suspiciously that day: his death was fortunate, but neither he nor Khuutra gave themselves away before their deaths.  And why wouldn't he choose to protect Khuutra if he was pro-town and actually is a bus driver?   He's trying to take credit for helping the town by protecting stefl, but Khuutra's post-mortem post makes it clear that Khuutra had, in fact, wanted to kill Final-Fan ("I got you [Final-Fan]!"). This completely contradicts stefl's claim that F-F's death was the unintended result of sabby's actions!

Sabby's other claimed decisions also don't add up.   On Day Two he chose to protect hatmoza?  Again, why?  Hatmoza barely played that day, so I don't see why you could logically consider him to be a particularly big target.  By contrast, several other players had made themselves more obvious targets, such as theRepublic, and we were all convinced that stefl was the cop.  So why would a pro-town Bus Driver, who had previously "protected" stefl, suddenly change his action to someone else?  It's like confessing that he wanted stefl to die! 

His alleged Day Three actions are also questionable.  Not only did he continue to not protect stefl, but he targeted two people who, by his own admission, he both suspected.   Where is the logic in this?  He feared that a bad guy might get targeted, so he swapped him for another bad guy?  Bull.

I'd also like to add that sabby is acting very, very differently than he did in the last game he played.  In the previous game, he was pro-town, and he aggressively pursued people who he thought were mafia: he stayed on Final-Fan's nuts throughout that game, evidence-to-the-contrary be damned.  And yet here he's very much been keeping a low profile, like he's making a point of not making any waves.  His biggest contribution to Day One was to try to end the day; I'm hard pressed to think of what else he's added to help us.  And I'm sure I'm not the only person who briefly forgot at some point that he was even playing.

To summarize: every one of the night actions sabby's claimed to have taken are complete BS, and his day actions are a complete 180 of how he performed when he was pro-town. 

Vote: sabby

I'm back.

On day two I targeted Hatmoza because of this post http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3542988 

When Hatmoza said "His suspicion for Final-Fan scyrocketed" when he accepted Hatmoza's idea this correlated with my theory that Final-Fan could be scum (Khuutra aswell) on day one hence why I targeted him on day one. Because of this I considered the Mafia targeting Hatmoza although this time I had much less to work. On night two my decisions didn't affect anything anyway. And as I said before, my opinion changed on Hatmoza on day three when he was certain that Stefl was scum and he didn't hesitate to scam a vote on Stefl. But anyways, Hatmoza/Heph is dead now and turned out pro-town.

About Stefl, I can't "protect" anyone. I can only target two people hoping that they would get swaped (cos thats what a bus-driver does), so I didn't see any need to target Stefl when I was pretty sure that he was going to get the protection of the doctor.

As for day three, I was meant to say I thought Vetteman was pro-town. (I accidently said Anti-town http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3553657) The reason I thought Vetteman was innocent is because he decided to vote "no-lynch" on day two. From my understanding, no Mafia or SK would have the balls to do that and what Vetteman suggested did make some sense; "why take a risk when we are i such a great position?" I really thought that was pro-town because of this. My opinion on him also changed when him, along with Supermario were quick to jump on a bandwagon against me when trangentspree pulled out some stuff suggesting I was Mafia. But I believe that he is innocent for his role-claim because if he is the SK, he's lost the game.

You say I have changed the way I'm playing since my last game. Yeh I agree, but the reason is because in that game, Hatmoza made some really really stupid mistakes, and Final-Fan and trucks were two people who backed Hatmoza to the fullest. In that game, I also felt that nen-suer was most definitely Mafia so I pursued them till my last breath. When I got Hatmoza and nen-suer double-lynched on the same day, they both turned out Mafia so I was quite overwhelmed with confidence, thus making me believe that trucks and Final-Fan could be nothing other than Mafia. I was wrong and since then I learned from my mistakes and try not to judge anyone without good evidence. Talking about evidence, there hasn't been too much of it and therefore I can't get that much of a read on people. Though I am petty sure Stefl is innocent because of my night one actions (which was probably the best evidence to prove Stefl "should" be innocent. If Final-Fan was still alive I probably would have gone a bit crazy on him again like in the last game, just because of day one.

Oook, so I have said whatever I wanted to say, I'll reply to other posters if they need explanations and I'm willing to answer any questions  

Nikells said:

Agreed, if you're going to vote for someone it would be wise to post your intentions but not actually do it.

I'd also like to know who Sabby swapped last night.

Yesterday night I swapped 30c0l0j0 and Dsister.

Before I explain why I targeted these two, I have to say that after day three, I really didn't have that much of a good read on the remaining players so alot of my targeting included guesswork. 

But anyway, I targeted j0 because he hasn't really given anything away making me think that he could be innocent and if he was innocent, then the Mafia would look to kill him because he is playing a very pro-town game. Of course, I still assumed that he could be Mafia (or SK at the time).

I targeted Dsister because of something that caught my eye...Stefl's results on day two indicated that Dsister was pro-town. Now, for publicly being know as "pro-town for so long, it seems weird that the Mafia hadn't finished him off as players who have been "proven" innocent tend to get killed so that there are less players who are known to be pro-town. This could easily be bad co-ordination by the MAfia (both groups) but it makes one think wether Dsister is pro-town or not.

Some of you might ask why I didn't target Vetteman...the answer is, even though he was on my radar for jumping the bandwagon against me so quick, I remembered day two and how decided to "no vote". I expected Vetteman to wait for me to explain my self rather than insta-voting me but I was in two minds wether I should have targeted him on Night four so I went with Dsister instead. Like I said, alot of guesswork was included. But know that Vetteman has role-claimed, I think he's pro-town and if he is the SK, he's a goner anyway.

Edit: Even though I targeted j0 and Dsister...it had no effect.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:

Now, about that Khuutra statement, I am baffled. I DID target Final-Fan and Stefl so my only assumption is that Khuutra said that because he was Mafia and wanted to cause confusion among the town (even though he was dead and it's something he shouldn't have done.)

Problem #1:  This statement requires us to assume that Khuutra, of all people, would cheat by continuing to play the game after his death.  In order to believe you, we would have to believe that he not only foresaw the need to lie about his target, that he continued to play after his death, AND that he is still playing the game by faking outrage over people's behavior.

Or we could believe that you're lying, and that Khuutra's statement was a natural expression of exuberance at accomplishing what he set out to do.

The latter is plausible, the former is not.

sabby_e17 said:

Next, I looked to find someone who I considered was Mafia. Remember the Makingmusic situation on day one? After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin).

Problem #2:  The first person to express approval for hatmoza's "crazy theories"...was you.  It's awfully inconsistent for you to use that to decide who's mafia...

sabby_e17 said:

After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin). One of these would be my second target (three of them were Mafia).

Problem #3:  This is not the full list of people who did these things; with the exception of Snakeyez, every single person who posted in that time period either voted to lynch him or seemed to accept the possibility that makingmusic was an invisible player, with the only split being whether he was a assassin or a jester.  You were one of them!  You would know this if you had actually based your decisions on these factors.  And besides, didn't you just finish saying that you didn't believe Hatmoza was guilty?

sabby_e17 said:

My opinion on [hatmoza] changed later when he was almost certain that Stefl was scum, and me doing the stuff I did could tell that Stefl was not scum.

Problem #4:  We knew after Day One that there were two mafias, and possibly a serial killer.  We also knew that, even if we believe your story, at least one of the mafias targeted a member of the other mafia. 

So even if you were being honest about your night actions, there is no way that you "doing the stuff [you] did" could convince you that stefl was not scum, since there was a perfectly good chance that you would've just switched one baddie for another.  This statement is also a lie.

sabby_e17 said:

When Hatmoza said "His suspicion for Final-Fan scyrocketed" when he accepted Hatmoza's idea this correlated with my theory that Final-Fan could be scum (Khuutra aswell) on day one hence why I targeted him on day one. Because of this I considered the Mafia targeting Hatmoza although this time I had much less to work. On night two my decisions didn't affect anything anyway.

Problem #5:  hatmoza's being suspicious of a dead person does not reasonably make someone think hatmoza's going to be targeted by the mafia, especially when he was incredibly inactive that day, and he said that he would remain inactive due to school.  By contrast, several other players were actively trying to ferret out mafia.  This decision does not make any sense.

sabby_e17 said:

On day 2 I targeted Nikells and Hatmoza.

I did this because I thought Nikells could have been Mafia

sabby_e17 said:

After nen-suer cleared the whole misconception, I looked back and found that Final-Fan, Khuutra, RCT, Hatmoza and tanstalas were the ones who opted to lynch MM or they brought up some crazy theories (like invisible assassin). One of these would be my second target (three of them were Mafia).

Problem #6: Nikells isn't on that list...

sabby_e17 said:

As for day three, I was meant to say I thought Vetteman was pro-town. (I accidently said Anti-town http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3553657) The reason I thought Vetteman was innocent is because he decided to vote "no-lynch" on day two.

So why didn't you back him up?  Lots of people were turning on Vetteman precisely because of that: no one stood up for him, because we all thought it was a bad idea.  If you felt differently, why didn't you speak up?  People were voting to lynch him,  you had enough time to post your thoughts, and his stance apparently made quite an impression on you.  And yet you remained completely silent throughout that time period.   Not exactly pro-town behavior, that.

Besides, it's not in line with your attitude in the last game you played.

sabby_e17 said:

If Final-Fan was still alive I probably would have gone a bit crazy on him again like in the last game, just because of day one.

So you've had the time to post and play more, but you've decided not to?  You don't have enough evidence to come to a decision, but you don't feel the desire to look for some?  And you admit that you're acting differently?  What would you say about that if others were acting like such?

I'd also point out that you were fairly active in that game, even before hatmoza made his "mistakes."  In fact, you were on TruckOSaurus' back long before you got on hatmoza's.  Why the revisionism?

Stefl1504 said:

If that what Sabby says is true then there is a slight posibility that dsis is Mafia, if he lies then dsis is Pro-Town...

Sorry, I don't follow.  Please explain.

Finally, regarding the Vetteman Plan:

1)  We can only utilize him to our advantage if we publicly decide who his target will be.  This is a bad idea when we have a confessed bus driver around, and possibly one still hiding. 

2) If someone besides the target gets killed, we won't know if he went rogue, or if the target got switched.  See Point One, above.

3) We would need to have two solid suspects.  In light of how we've had one (1) day end before the mod set a deadline of some sort, the odds of that happening are about zero.

I have to hand it to Vetteman, he's played a remarkable card.  If our tracker finds him killing someone, it's now expected.  But we don't know for sure if he's the serial killer or the vigilante, so voting to lynch him is risky, mostly because of our small numbers (not because we lose a tool:  neutering his killing powers might be best for the town, in light of the decisions he's made).

I'm very much inclined to believe that he's the serial killer, rather than the vigilante, but looking at the killing schedule I think we can wait a day before dealing with him.  For now, I think it's best we focus on lynching a mafioso.  It's clear where my money is, and my certainty has only increased since Saturday, but judging from the lack of votes it seems I'm flying solo on this one.

noname2200 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Sorry, I don't follow.  Please explain.

Well if sabby really targeted me and F-F on day one there would be a slight possibility that Dsis is Mafia, because his night action has cleared him that night, but if F-F got killed by being switched that would mean that dsis maybe is Mafia. Still I do believe in the innocense of dsis and tend to not believe Sabby...

I just have the big problem that any step I take may be used against me, since I am already suspected by a lot of people. If Sabby turns out to be Mafia I am pretty much screwed so the only thing I can hope for is that he tells the truth though not knowing if he tells it or not.

The problem I have is that I really do not want to reveal dsis role... I only would reveal his role if he would allow me to, that would make things easier for me, but a lot more difficult for him...

Also I do not really believe in this vigilante story... I rather believe he is a SK trying to buy some time... but lynching him can be delayed, because if all mafia seem to be dead and he is still there we should lynch him.

Do NOT reveal dsister's role, please.  I fear we've already made him a target, and I don't want to contribute any more than we have to.