By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just realized that Nintendo will stay in first place for a long time

Qays said:

You think the Blue Ocean crowd bought the Wii so they could play Mario? Really? Come on.

They bought the Wii so they could pretend to exercise.

Stop stop your killing me

better then comedy central

Around the Network

2D Mario looks like fun to people who like video games. People who like video games are not the reason for the Wii's success.

Qays said:

I'm sure it sells a non-trivial number of consoles. But the Wii isn't the dominant console of the generation because of its excellent selection of nostalgic 2D platformers.

It's the dominant console of the generation because of its excellent selection of shallow sports-related shovelware.

Stop mixing words. The correct sentence is: "It's the dominant console of the generation because of its excellent selection of sports-related games."

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I'm not "mixing words". I'm telling it like it is: Wii Sports is a shallow game. Wii Play is a shallow game. Wii Fit isn't a game at all. There's nothing wrong about pointing this out - "deep" sports games do exist, after all, and the Wii isn't a riproaring success because of the likes of MLB: The Show.

Qays said:

I'm not "mixing words". I'm telling it like it is: Wii Sports is a shallow game. Wii Play is a shallow game. Wii Fit isn't a game at all. There's nothing wrong about pointing this out - "deep" sports games do exist, after all, and the Wii isn't a riproaring success because of the likes of MLB: The Show.

I have wiifit and yes their is a collection of games in it designed for specific movements.. it is a game

Wii does have an excellent sportsgames like nhl and madden...

Your being more dramatic then my 18 year old daughter

Around the Network

The excellent sports games on the Wii DO NOT SELL. That's exactly my point: we need to make a distinction between deep sports games and shallow sports-related shovelware, because the latter is the reason for the Wii's success and the former is not.

Qays said:

2D Mario looks like fun to people who like video games. People who like video games are not the reason for the Wii's success.

it's a videogame machine  not a bluray player

It is purchased for the specific purpose to PLAY videogames

Qays said:

The excellent sports games on the Wii DO NOT SELL. That's exactly my point: we need to make a distinction between deep sports games and shallow sports-related shovelware, because the latter is the reason for the Wii's success and the former is not.

Wii sports and resort are not shovelware

They are addicting and fun

People who neither like video games nor know anything about them purchase the Wii so that they can play shallow sports-related shovelware. They do not care about good games like Mario or Zelda. That is the essence of the Blue Ocean strategy.

And Wii Sports is pretty clearly shovelware. It is completely and utterly lacking in depth and artistic merit. It is the opposite of what a good game should be.

Qays said:

The way you say it can be anything but construed as an insult to those games. The 1st party Wii fitness games, casual or not, are not shovelware. Shallow is but another word for casual or pick-up-and-play games. Try not to be so insulting.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.