By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goldeneye vs Black Ops

Viper1 said:

Conduit 2 is expected to release near then as well.

Should be a fun battle to watch but I expect Black Ops to win sales wise based on the brand name with Conduit 2 getting the best reviews.  Goldeneye reviews will be nothing but guys ranting about why this game isn't on the HD systems.

Am I missing something? Why would the Conduit 2 get the best reviews?

The first has a 69 rating on metacritic. Black Ops will most certainly be in the mid to high 80's.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

Should be a fun battle to watch but I expect Black Ops to win sales wise based on the brand name with Conduit 2 getting the best reviews.  Goldeneye reviews will be nothing but guys ranting about why this game isn't on the HD systems.

The first has a 69 rating on metacritic. Black Ops will most certainly be in the mid to high 80's.

so your saying the first game's metacritic will dictate the second game's metacritic?

Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

So when I go to review Conduit 2, I should slap on the review scaore average from Conduit 1?

I'm just going off what I saw and played at E3 last month.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Goldeneye, because it contains Oddjob.

Viper you played Conduit 2 at E3?  What did you think of the game, do you think so far what you have seen that its better then the first game.

Around the Network
TX109 said:
Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

so your saying the first game's metacritic will dictate the second game's metacritic?

I'm sorry, can you not see my line of reasoning?

The first has pretty poor reviews. The second is being developed by the same studio. Are their many games this gen in which the first interation has scored in the 60 bracket for the sequel to then reach into the 80's? (perhaps even 90's if Black Ops scores well.)

It's a steep mountain to climb. If I were a betting man, my money would surely be on Black Ops.

Viper1 said:
Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

So when I go to review Conduit 2, I should slap on the review scaore average from Conduit 1?

I'm just going off what I saw and played at E3 last month

You've played the game so, makes sense.

Would you care for a friendly wager? I predict Black Ops Wii will get a higher review score average on metacritc then The Conduit 2.

GianCarmen said:

Viper you played Conduit 2 at E3?  What did you think of the game, do you think so far what you have seen that its better then the first game.

Definitly improved over the first game.  What they had on display was the just the online multiplayer (though it was running via LAN - something they are hoping Nintendo will allow them to do for the final retail build) but you could instantly see they built up a lot on the foundation of the first game and fixed many of the problems it had.

Graphically, the multiplayer looked better than the first games single player.  Much better art direction, better LOD texturing, better animation and more.

The gameplay felt tighter.  The Headbanger headset was good.  It will have patches and DLC.  A much larger single player campaign.  I just see it being a much better game than the first one and exceeding the quality of the other 2.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Dallinor said:
TX109 said:
Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

The first has pretty poor reviews. The second is being developed by the same studio. Are their many games this gen in which the first interation has scored in the 60 bracket for the sequel to then reach into the 80's? (perhaps even 90's if Black Ops scores well.)

It's a steep mountain to climb. If I were a betting man, my money would surely be on Black Ops.

it doesnt seem fair to say "since the first game wanst great, the second will be just as bad". im not saying that Conduit 2 is gonna score in the high 80s-low 90s, but im also not gonna count the game out before it even releases. its gotten quite positive previews, and from what ive heard its a major improvement over the first game.

TX109 said:
Dallinor said:
TX109 said:
Dallinor said:
Viper1 said:

it doesnt seem fair to say "since the first game wanst great, the second will be just as bad". im not saying that Conduit 2 is gonna score in the high 80s-low 90s, but im also not gonna count the game out before it even releases. its gotten quite positive previews, and from what ive heard its a major improvement over the first game.

That's not what I was getting at. I'm not ruling The Conduit 2 out, it may well turn out to be an excellent game. Studios have shown- Guerilla Games for example - that they can evolve, mature and produce fantastic games given time.