By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

after reading some parts of this thread, I really have to say one thing:

Somehow, PS3 fans make it seem that the Xbox 360 only sells well, because [insert random reason like price, replacement, PS3 too expensive, no technical knowledge etc].

Anyone of you guys actually thought about the Xbox 360 getting great sales, because people want it? They see the value and pick it up. There might be this tiny tiny scenario, that they like the Xbox 360 better than the other consoles on the market.

I think some people never considered this as a possibility.

On the other hand: Respect to William Watts for being a Nintendo fan but in a good way and being able to debate.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Somehow, PS3 fans make it seem that the Xbox 360 only sells well, because [insert random reason like price, replacement, PS3 too expensive, no technical knowledge etc].

Anyone of you guys actually thought about the Xbox 360 getting great sales, because people want it? They see the value and pick it up. There might be this tiny tiny scenario, that they like the Xbox 360 better than the other consoles on the market.

On the other hand: Respect to William Watts for being a Nintendo fan but in a good way and being able to debate.

no i never will consider that

WW is a nintendo fan? i would of never known to bad he doesnt have a game collection for us to look at

Play Me

DirtyP2002 said:

Sure, people like the 360, many love it- but the reason why so many pick the 360 instead of the PS3 is because it is cheaper, and the sales are evidence for this.

What your post suggests is that the 360 is selling more because it is more liked. You need to think about what sales would be right now if PS3 and 360 were at the same price.

BBH said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Sure, people like the 360, many love it- but the reason why so many pick the 360 instead of the PS3 is because it is cheaper, and the sales are evidence for this.

What your post suggests is that the 360 is selling more because it is more liked. You need to think about what sales would be right now if PS3 and 360 were at the same price.

??? No they're not ..........

Seece said:
BBH said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ok, well the sales aren't evidence I suppose - moreso just evidence that people buy more consoles when they are cheaper.

Look, if PS3 and 360 were at an equal price, the PS3 would steamroll the 360 in sales.

That shows what console has more demand, and what is the stronger brand name.

The 360's price is its competitive advantage.

Around the Network
BBH said:
Seece said:
BBH said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ok, well the sales aren't evidence I suppose - moreso just evidence that people buy more consoles when they are cheaper.

Look, if PS3 and 360 were at an equal price, the PS3 would steamroll the 360 in sales.

PS3 slim vs Xbox 360 slim... same price in NA.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

CGI-Quality said:
BBH said:
Seece said:
BBH said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Much of this is true, although I think the 360 has a decent enough library that helps it compete as well.

It is all true.

No doubt, I had a 360 - a solid console with good games and good online.

But I'm basically stating facts - the 360 is in the good (in terms of sales not finance) position it is today because it has been significantly cheaper. Ofcoure good games, good hardware etc are basics that need to be in place for any sales to be made at all, but the price is the 360's key weapon.

Many 360 fans just dislike hearing this because they feel is undermines their console.

BBH said:
Seece said:
BBH said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Again, no.

The second sentance is your opinion, as far as Uk is concerned anyhow.

@ Dirty

C'mon man, if you want to buy am HD gaming console, you can obtain an Xbox much cheaper than you can a PS3.

Plus, the PS3 is quite a bit more expensive in the rest of the world.

You know yourself price is the key, people just say otherwise for the sake of argument adn debate.

Seece, wise up.

Stop trying to act smart -  when a price cut happens sales increase.

I swear some of you will argue black is white.