By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

lol so much for the 360 is doomed threads!

Around the Network
selnor said:
Badassbab said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Badassbab said:

The UK and US have similar tastes in just about everything including games. Same language is the main reason also the UK and US are very close allies and that usually extends to soft power influence.

the UK and US don't have anywhere near similar taste,US hates UK sports.

yes they like the cheap electronic but that doesn't make them have similar tastes

You obviously don't realise how popular US culture is over here.American films, music, fast food, video games and tv shows are everywhere. To say we have nowhere near similar tastes is absurd.

Rather than call them cheap electronics Solid Snake, I prefer the term correct price and great games and features. 

We arent that loyal to any brand in the UK. We go where the games and features are that work for us here. Sky is huge, 360 has it. Broadband is everywhere, downloads are huge here for HD films. And we like the games the 360 offers.

I'd not argue with anything you said there (The UK sees the most value in the 360, it is 360/Wii territory now), but I think you're bigging up digital downloading far too much in the UK.

On average our internet speeds are far from being special, and in many more rural areas (especially here in N.Ire/Ire) they are awfully slow.

Physical media is still many steps ahead of digital media. We need a change in consumer tastes (to not having physical items) and a big broadband overhaul for digital downloads to really take off.

Even music shows how far it has to come.

- Downloading music is better for quality, easier, more compatible, quicker, and usually cheaper - yet still a lot of CDs are sold.

Movies etc actually have more disadvantages being downloaded. Dowloading 1080p movies can hurt quality, is slower, requires big HDD's.

As far as the UK goes, Microsoft hav always done pretty well here with most things they launch eventhere split keyboard and windows based phones.

May be of interest to some in the UK also.

Came across this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110580753232&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Collection of retro consoles and games. Curretnly at £1.97 with 5  days left. Well worth a look.

Systems owned
Vectrex, Master System, Nes, Megadrive 1 + 2, Mega CD, Super Nintendo, Jaguar, Saturn, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, WII 
Handhelds: Game gear, game boy, Lynx 1, Lynx 2, Gameboy Advance, Neo Geo Pocket Colour, PS Vita, Ds Lite, 3DS, 
All the ones in read were/are my favourite.

Reason is because of this-

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/01/10/the-top-20-live-games-of-2009.aspx

Everyones mates are playing the same MP games on XBL. They all want the Xbox 360 to join in the fun.