By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Badassbab said:

The UK and US have similar tastes in just about everything including games. Same language is the main reason also the UK and US are very close allies and that usually extends to soft power influence.

the UK and US don't have anywhere near similar taste,US hates UK sports.

yes they like the cheap electronic but that doesn't make them have similar tastes

where do you get this garbage

i shall re-iterate.

the PS3 has sold more in the UK per capita then pretty much anywhere else...

Expensive, branded electronics will be more popular in the UK and Germany than anywhere else in Europe.

i din't mean it that way

i was just saying when they have an alternative,they select the cheaper one both UK and US

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Badassbab said:

The UK and US have similar tastes in just about everything including games. Same language is the main reason also the UK and US are very close allies and that usually extends to soft power influence.

yes they like the cheap electronic but that doesn't make them have similar tastes

i shall re-iterate.

Expensive, branded electronics will be more popular in the UK and Germany than anywhere else in Europe.

i din't mean it that way

i was just saying when they have an alternative,they select the cheaper one both UK and US

Maybe they pick the one that has the most value to them

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Badassbab said:

i shall re-iterate.

i din't mean it that way

thats still wrong.  samsung, sony, panasonic sell better here than Bush or whatever other crappy tv's are available.

you cant generailse that way...

again you try to make the other person sound wrong

MS still has a brand,what you did in TV comparision was totally different

ImJustBayuum said:
BBH said:

My argument is that 360 only sells more because it's cheaper. Hint, the way I've talked about its competitive advantage.

And yes, you did disagree with me on that - go back and read it.

The market is not that naive. It is also very likely that customers sees the value of the xbox 360 over PS3 and hence more sales.

Yea, I should have worded better, but price and value come hand in hand.

@ Seece - Apology accepted, I guessed you must have read wrong.

So really Xbox has sold more than the PS3 in the UK and worldwide because its low price, along with its good features make average consumers see it as more valuable than the PS3 - whether it really is or not.

Btw Selnor works for Microsoft, so I wouldn't be surprised if other people here do :)

BBH said:
ImJustBayuum said:
BBH said:

My argument is that 360 only sells more because it's cheaper. Hint, the way I've talked about its competitive advantage.

The market is not that naive. It is also very likely that customers sees the value of the xbox 360 over PS3 and hence more sales.

So really Xbox has sold more than the PS3 in the UK and worldwide because its low price, along with its good features make average consumers see it as more valuable than the PS3 - whether it really is or not.

Btw Selnor works for Microsoft, so I wouldn't be surprised if other people here do :)

UK and US, nah. Rest of the world there is a good chance of that yes.

Around the Network
Seece said:
BBH said:
ImJustBayuum said:
BBH said:

What's the difference between the UK, US and the rest of the world?

BBH said:
Seece said:
BBH said:
ImJustBayuum said:
BBH said:

What's the difference between the UK, US and the rest of the world?

A lot of difference, mainly how pro 360 they are. Australia, New zealand and canada too to a lesser extent.

BBH said:

Lmao

aragod said:
kowenicki said:
aragod said:
RaY_Z said:
aragod said:
Reach said:

And keep in mind im not Fanboy i OWN ALL PLAYSTATION AND mostly sony exclusives are PURE GODNESS!!! BUT without my 360 i wouldnt be able to play Mass Effect 2 (GoTy) , better version of Multis like RdR or Bioshock 2 and some godness like Conviction (already finished 4 times!!!) , Alan Wake or my Funless CrackDown 2 !! Plus i wouldnt have a great community like on XBL playing all day Halo 3 , MW2 and GoW2 !! Without my Ps3 No Heavy Rain or God of War 3 this year... AMAZING GAMES ! YES I DONT LIKE MAG , LBP2 , GT5 AND SOCOM 4 !! As i dont like Forza or PDZ from MS!

Loved UnCharted 2 - My GoTy 2009 !!!! AC2 Very Good aswell and ofc L4D2 Awesome!

You would actually, they are on PC and those versions are better than the console ones, apart from RDR and Alan Wake (which I'm expecting to come to PC anyway). Buying Xbox for games once you own a real gaming PC isn't a smart move in my book, most of XBox's library is shared with PC and shooters, which are the strongest part of XBox's library are allways better played on PC. So the real exclusives worth mentioning are Halo and Gears, where both already had PC iterations.

Xbox is for me a poor man's "PC". If you have a gaming PC, you would be smart to buy either PS3 or Wii for their exclusive games.

This has got to be one of the most ignorant and narrowminded posts ive seen in my entire life.

Calling an Xbox a poor man's PC? That has got to be one of the most offensive remarks to all gamers alike. Do you even have an xbox? Stupid to ask actually because everyone knows that answer.

People like this need to actually get that console, and not be so wrapped up to their ignorant and fanboyish minds. I've said this before and i'll say it again. Sony boys? pick up a 360, and you'll see how much it has to offer, Microsoft Boys? pick up a PS3, a you'll see how much it has to offer, Nintendo Boys? Got nothing to say to you, you guys are alright =).

I just wish all fanboys of a particular brand could pick up a competitors product and see what their features have to offer. I guess thats why fanboys whine and make outrageous claims about their competition... because they wish the had the whole range of features that owning multiple products have to offer.... in other words...

THEY'RE JEALOUS...  =)

I was and still am first and foremost a PC gamer. I never owned console till this gen when I've bought Wii and later PS3 both only for their exclusive titles. PC gamer really doesn't have a single reason to buy the 360.

I don't need to have an Xbox to know that it has nothing to offer over the PC, no console has anything to offer other than it's games that I can't play on my PC. And Xbox's offering is basicaly 95% of what is already on the PC and better there.

While Xbox is in my opinion a poor man's PC, I'm not saying that it doesn't have enough to offer for someone that doesn't own any gaming platform.

Thats offensive though... I'd wager I am considerably wealthier than you... but I choose a 360 over a PC.

Its not a poor mans anything , it is an alternative.  I prefer not to have a pc taking up room in my living space. So I use laptops.  Gaming pcs and the room they require - mess they make - doesnt suit my lifestyle.

First of all you don't know a thing about me, so reserve these materialistic judgements for someone that care.

Second, I don't give a toss about your lifestyle, there isn't a way you can possibly make the Xbox looks like a better choice for gaming than the PC. Gaming PC's doesn't make any mess, they are in fact a way cooler and more silent than Xbox.

It is an alternative, but for a PC gamer that already has a gaming PC, it is the least attractive console. It has the least exclusive games that can be played on it, it has a control scheme that can be run with the PC (Xbox controler is PC compatibile), it is technologicaly inferior, it has payed online service, it has a high failure rate, it destroy's your discs, it can't do anything else than play games and multimedia.

So yes, for me and pretty much any PC gamer that owns a real gaming PC, XBox is the choice for those that can't afford gaming PC = poor man's PC. I'm not saying that there aren't PC gamers that also owns Xbox, but those will probably also have all the other consoles. I can't see anyone buying Xbox for Halo:Reach to play one game and pay for it 50 bucks a year.

EDIT: This post, in correlation to the prior one in this thread also, has been moderated. -d1

360 is so much more better for gaming IMO than a PC. If I wanted to have my PC running games so I could play the latest PC games I would. But the 360 offers me much more that I like. 

So it's opinion mate. Not fact. And I could afford 10 gaming PC's. IMO Pc gaming is overated.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
BBH said:

Lmao

As do all the Sony fans here work for Sony. 

Lmao. Difference is Sony fans always troll M$ forums. At least I dont troll Sony forums.