By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword Swinging For Early 2011 Release

i guess the "lets avoid call of duty effect" will also happen this year!!! early 2011 is gonna be great for gaming !!

Around the Network

I'm hoping it gets released sometime in May. That way, I don't have to worry about college getting in the way of my gaming time, and vice versa.

Solid_Snake4RD said:

could they release this in early 2011 and then a new console,possible

New console shouldn't come eariler than mid 2012 I think, and I don't think they will release a new console before showing it at E3. E3 2011 we could see a new system announced.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Given Zelda's track record, I'm willing to bet this game will be delayed.  My money's on Christmas 2011.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

1000 USD (not that it's worth anything) bet on March 20, 2011

Around the Network

I actually like a date away from the overcrowded christmas rush!!!

All they neey need to do is add checkpoints in the dungeons so I don't have to start at the begining everytime I turn off the game in the middle of it. I swear the only reason I probably won't finish  Twilight Princess is because of this major flaw.

Nintendogamer said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

could they release this in early 2011 and then a new console,possible

New console shouldn't come eariler than mid 2012 I think, and

normally yes,Wii2 won't come earlier

but if that is the case then they should release ZELDA later in 2011 to keep a big title for late 2011

I don't think they will release a new console before showing it at E3.E3 2011 we could see a new system announced.

if they release ZELDA early then they can easily announce a new console at E3 and then release in holidays

polingolingo said:

i guess the "lets avoid call of duty effect" will also happen this year!!! early 2011 is gonna be great for gaming !!

yup

The Official 'The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword' Thread (Updated):
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134508&page=1

I hope it gets pushed back until no earlier then summer of 2011, mainly because from what I've seen it looks like they spent a lot of time getting the controls just right, which means that it may take about a year and a half to get the dungeon design up to Zelda levels of perfection, less we have a subpar game.

this is like the 11billionth thread announcing this