By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Metroid Other M Thread

Khuutra said:

I ran past them because I always treat lava areas as time trials, pre-Varia.

I really liked the bit with the fish, though. THat part was great. I love me some Team Ninja.

Yeah, that part was fun. No doubt about it. Died once though (when you're running through the inital bridge area and he comes up through the bottom. Didn't see that coming, even with the slow down. )

Though it was in the Pyrosphere where the whole Adam-system really showed its flaws. I mean, you go through half the level without the Varia suit upgrade (which, as far as I know, doesn't seem to have the potential to harm any of your comrades if you had it equipped to begin with). Why does Adam let you suffer through half the level before granting its power to you? Why wouldn't he think this through?

"Okay, Samus is going into an area with extreme temperatures, she'll need the Varia suit to keep her safe (and make sure my mission has a higher percentage of success.) I should probaby give her the necessary tools to be as successful as possible."

But no, that doesn't happen, and I rolled my eyes every time I saw my health start to deplete. I was thoroughly annoyed.

I sort of understand not having something like the Super Missile and the Power Bomb, but the grappling beam? The double jump? Come on, this is just silly.

The "losing your tech through some unlucky encounter" theme might be cliched by now, but to me, it's easier to swallow than this Adam system.

Around the Network

I don't get the complaints about going into first person in combat.

Yes, it has the potential to be bad, but the time dilation effect - the way everything goes into slow motion for th first few seconds after you go into first person mode - makes it very useful in battle.

I still like using this topic as my primary source of Metroid Other M conversation, Mr Khan.

How far in are you now?

My friend will be lending his disc to me!

So I don't have to buy it!

He hated it, but he hated MGS4 too so his opinion doesn't count.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

That white furry creature looks very suspicious, it must be evil. I have encountered it twice so far and has been more aggressive the second time. I am glad that for the majority of the time Samus (the gamer) has been alone, it still has the intense feeling of the Prime games.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

I still like using this topic as my primary source of Metroid Other M conversation, Mr Khan.

How far in are you now?

I'm in cryosphere now, presuming that the next thing i acquire is the Speed Booster (i have the guide, but i only use it for specific hints when i get stuck. Hence it was the guide that told me i should just run from the magma men and on other points. Plus it helps me know which power ups i can try for right now, and which ones to ignore)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

How far in are you now?

I'm in cryosphere now, presuming that the next thing i acquire is the Speed Booster (i have the guide, but i only use it for specific hints when i get stuck. Hence it was the guide that told me i should just run from the magma men and on other points. Plus it helps me know which power ups i can try for right now, and which ones to ignore)

You're in the middle of what I consider the good part.

Mr Khan said:
Khuutra said:

How far in are you now?

You're in the middle of what I consider the good part.

I'm enjoying it... sometimes I get the Metroid vibe and other times not, but its still a good game. Prefer Prime 1 and 3 and Super though.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

People come out with some rubbish, the games isnt that bad im really enjoying it stop been over critical and just looking at the games faults, sure theres room for improvment but some comments on here are just ridiculous