By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you play Eternal Darkness? Why or why not.

Smash_Brother said:
SeriousWB said:
Thats why when I know I want to buy a game like ED, I'll make an effort not to learn anything about it before playing. Just like I did with Bioshock.

Likewise with both games, actually.

ED took me by complete surprise. I remember my friends and my amazement when Paul Luther was killed by the guardian like that. Our collective jaws dropped.

And then we came back with the reporter and killed it...

I spent a few hours mucking around with that tomb in the underground city, just trying to figure out if it did anything.

Oh, and everyone got the rune of Mantorok, right?  

I only played through it once. I tried to do it twice but my disc skips now. I plan on buying it again, I just want to finish the GC Fire Emblem on Hard.

I went the wrong way and I never got the purple power. If I remember correctly that temple was very confusing and hard. I had a hard time making it through. So hard that I didn't want to go back and get it.

I can't remember which "god" I fought for.

Around the Network

Eternal Darkness. Good memories with that one. I think I played through it 3 times to get the "true" ending. It was really original, in the way that it broke the wall between you and the game.

I love Eternal Darkness and I hope silicon knights makes a sequel. I bet they could do some cool insanity effects with the wii remote.

Hopefully they find the time between their Too Human trilogy to do it.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Yikes... why did I have such a hard time getting into the game? I've tried several times but for some reason it just never clicks with me as something worth playing. I'll have to give it another chance one day. Luckily I have my copy and I don't trade in games ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Yikes... why did I have such a hard time getting into the game? I've tried several times but for some reason it just never clicks with me as something worth playing. I'll have to give it another chance one day. Luckily I have my copy and I don't trade in games ;)

I don't knowI guess I can see what you see in a way. The story and the insanity effects are excellent.  It had a lot of things going for it like the pinpoint body parts attack system, the innovative magic system... etc. But sometimes when you are searching around the mansion it can get old. that is until you find the next clue in the house. Then your off on another adventure. But back then the game was far ahead of anything on the Cube. It had voice acting in it and good cut- scenes most in game but some CGI movies too. The lip syncing is sometimes further ahead than things I see today. Anyway-  It depends on what you like.

I hope you play it though- it does take a while to like it though. Wait till you get 3 or four chapters in- and let yourself go insane.

Around the Network
WiiRHardcore said:
I love Eternal Darkness and I hope silicon knights makes a sequel. I bet they could do some cool insanity effects with the wii remote.

Yeah Too Human is a reason to Wii60 but I'm not sure if I will. No HD.

I hope that they make a sequel too-

Does anybody know how to start a petition?

d21lewis said:
Eternal Darkness. Good memories with that one. I think I played through it 3 times to get the "true" ending. It was really original, in the way that it broke the wall between you and the game.

Yeah. I like it when games do that. Metal Gear Solid did stuff like that, and therewas a part in Baten Kiatos that messed with my head as well- but never on this scale.

CHYUII said:
WiiRHardcore said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  HD games still look good and SD... and the gameplay is the true flagbearer for games anyway.  

Kasz216 said:
CHYUII said:
WiiRHardcore said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  HD games still look good and SD... and the gameplay is the true flagbearer for games anyway.  

Yeah, I guess. With Wii I don't have to think about it. But if I have a 360 it would be like, like meeting your favorite female celeb but being rendered blind on the occasion.

So yes you can enjoy the conversation of someone like Sarah Polley or Julia Roberts, but not being able to see them would take something away as well.

So have you been following Too Human? How is it coming along?

No. Just does not interest me.