By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you play Eternal Darkness? Why or why not.

a.l.e.x59 said:
No. Just does not interest me.

Uhm not to sound like I am trying to fight you or anything but... when you say it does not interest you what do you mean?

Is it the game alone or this type of game that does not interest you? For instance did you play Resident Evil or Silent Hill? Or do you loathe Dennis Dyack or Canadians in general?

Personally, I like at least 2 things (I have named in my post) from Canada.

Around the Network

Eternal Darkness was one of few cube games I paid full price for LOL
I loved it. I had been expecting big things from Silicon Knights and they delivered big time.

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

Well I just tried to buy it. They didn't have it of course. It looks like this might be a tough game to find. I look forward to the hunt!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I know that a lot of people really like this game, but I have to admit, I never was a big fan. I think the main reason I didn't enjoy it is because I kept getting confused about what I was supposed to be doing. I still haven't beaten the game once even though I've had it for years.

On a more positive note, the insanity effects are really cool. My favorite one was when you walk into a room and see ammo scattered all over the floor. Once you pick up the last clip, the "this can't be happening" thing happens. I was so mad and amused at the same time. Also, this is the only video game that has ever made me scream out loud. I got really nervous being in the mansion.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

TopCat8 said:
I know that a lot of people really like this game, but I have to admit, I never was a big fan. I think the main reason I didn't enjoy it is because I kept getting confused about what I was supposed to be doing. I still haven't beaten the game once even though I've had it for years.

On a more positive note, the insanity effects are really cool. My favorite one was when you walk into a room and see ammo scattered all over the floor. Once you pick up the last clip, the "this can't be happening" thing happens. I was so mad and amused at the same time. Also, this is the only video game that has ever made me scream out loud. I got really nervous being in the mansion.

I remember that one too (the Ammo- Insanity Effect). Yeah that sucked.

Hey thanks for giving the reason why you didn't like it. I understand, like I said in an earlier post sometimes I would get lost in the mansion looking for the next item that would send me on the next adventure. I think the longest time I spent walking around confused was the lead up to Maximillian? And then there was something about the stain glass window (one reason I wish the game had free- look) that took me forever to master.

Around the Network
stof said:
Well I just tried to buy it. They didn't have it of course. It looks like this might be a tough game to find. I look forward to the hunt!

COOL- BEANS!!

I hope that you find it I think you will enjoy it. If you don't please give your Review as to why. Please take in consideration that a lot of the system put in the game that have to do with Analogue control were later perfect or imprved in other games.

I found a lot of Used ones at Game Crazy or Game Stop. 

marcus1979 said:
Eternal Darkness was one of few cube games I paid full price for LOL
I loved it. I had been expecting big things from Silicon Knights and they delivered big time.

Yeah, I used to read all of the interviews. I had the picture of the angel in the Stain glass window as my Comp. Wall Paper way before the game came out.

What do you think about Too Human?

Your Avatar is from Fire Emblem, right? If so I love that game, too. I haven't played the new one though. The new one got criticized alot for being alot like Cude but I say bring it on. If every year they brought out a fe game that is almost exactly like the last as far as control and presentation goes, I will line up every time to buy it.

When I first bought the Cube game- I was disappointed after seeing the awesome CGI intro and then to go to the 2D "stagnant" (blinking and minor facial expressions) drawings and text was a bit jarring. But after Chapter 3 I was so in to the action and the story that it didn't matter. I love it and I still play it.

I sure hope that picture is from FE or else I wasted a lot of your time for nothing.

stof said:

Say your a Mod- so you probably have seen a lot of stuff. Do you know how you get a petition going?

Well thank you everyone for your views and opinions. May all of you have a great Holiday!

Play the game!