By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you play Eternal Darkness? Why or why not.

I like magic though =P I wouldn't mind seeing a wii version made.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Around the Network
Jammerkid said:
Weird. I've never even heard of it =(

I haven't exactly either, but it is number 9 out of 502 gamecube games on metacritic...

I happened accross it at walmart today...  $49 though...  I have too many new games already for Christmas to be tempted at that price....  maybe in a few months or so if I don't come accross it used after I get tired of my current games...

I bought it with my Gamecube back in 2002. I got it because I needed another game beside Animal Crossing and Mario Sunshine and wanted something darker. I really liked the name and the cover so I got it instead of Resident Evil 0. I know that's a pretty pathetic reason but I was in the army at the time and didn't have regular internet access so I had no knowledge of any Gamecube games beside Animal Crossing and Mario. I played through it and no I don't really see why people consider it so great. The story was stupid, the combat was lame, the levels were way too linear, and the puzzles were too easy.

... the bathtub!

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

jlauro said:
Jammerkid said:
Weird. I've never even heard of it =(

I haven't exactly either, but it is number 9 out of 502 gamecube games on metacritic...

I happened accross it at walmart today...  $49 though...  I have too many new games already for Christmas to be tempted at that price....  maybe in a few months or so if I don't come accross it used after I get tired of my current games...

It's 27 dollars used on Amazon. $14 new on HALF.com (which is EBAY). I'm not sure why it's still so high, I've seen them as low a $8 before in the used bin.

Around the Network
Jammerkid said:
I like magic though =P I wouldn't mind seeing a wii version made.

I just want a sequel. But Silicon Knight's Pres. Dennis Kyakk gets asked the question in every interview that he does. "When are you going to make another ETERNAL DARKNESS."

I totally loved it.

Quality for Life

albionus said:
I bought it with my Gamecube back in 2002. I got it because I needed another game beside Animal Crossing and Mario Sunshine and wanted something darker. I really liked the name and the cover so I got it instead of Resident Evil 0. I know that's a pretty pathetic reason but I was in the army at the time and didn't have regular internet access so I had no knowledge of any Gamecube games beside Animal Crossing and Mario. I played through it and no I don't really see why people consider it so great. The story was stupid, the combat was lame, the levels were way too linear, and the puzzles were too easy.

Thanks for saying that! So many people would write in who didn't like it and just say "I didn't like it" and that's it. It is cool that you gave the "why."

Yeah one reason I picked it up was because of the Darker theme. I also had, had some poor experiences with Resident Evil's that is one reson why I never considered buying a Resident Evil game until RE4 came along.

But we differ on our enjoyment of the game, obviously.

What are your favorite games buy the way?

Schwarz said:
I totally loved it.

Me Too! (obviously).

ramuji said:
... the bathtub!

It didn't happen. =-)