By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Female protagonist? What do you think?

Khuutra said:
Weegee said:

When you say that most character double hit, maybe in easy mode but not in hard mode (unless you do the arena trick) And when I say it's sexist  I say this because the programmer have program the game in a way that the male can take more avantage of the double-hit.

If you have more CON, you have more chance to do a double-hit right ?

So the male have more chance to do a double-hit right ? And that precise aspect of the game (which is quite important) is discrimiation towards the girl (because they have less chance to double hit). And discrimination toward girl is called sexism.

And always give more CON to male character is also sexism because it's simply not equal.

No, more CON does not translate to more chances for a double-hit. CON is only a factor when you use a very heavy weapon (and many high-level players only use iron Wapons, which can be wielde without penalty by anyone), but base speed is always a factor. Speed will generally be much more important for doubling than CON, and this is proven when the characters who have the most trouble doubling are the slowest ones, not the lightest ones.

Males do not have more chance to double-hit, especially within the same class - many women are faster, which means their absolute chance to double-hit is higher. You have it backwards.

Giving men more CON is not sexism. Putting down gender differences is not sexism. Sexism is discrimination, and differences in design do not automatically imply discrimination, unless you want tto say that the games are sexist against men because the only good flying units are all women.

I'm not saying that speed is more important than CON but CON have some value like you say it's useful for heavy weapon (like legendery weapon). And no girl have not more speed than guy , they usualy just have more Luck and magic defense. Guy have usualy more HP and Strengh (Sexism Stereotype again). And Wyvern Rider are also good unit girl are not always the best. Also did you notice that your final party have always more guy than girl in fire emblem ?

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
I_hate_Itagaki said:
Khuutra said:

No, you are objectively wrong on several points. Ashunera was not innocent. Ike is not the most overpowered unit in the game. His utility is not greater than Elincia's. All female characters have stats that place them on equal foting with their male counterparts. If you can't find uses for Micaiah then you are bad at Fire Emblem.

Whether or not the game is easy is one thing, but if you have such a poor understanding of the game's underlying mechanics that you think CON is more important than SPD for double-hitting in FE7 and you think Micaiah has no utility in early missions in FE10, then yes, you are bad at Fire Emblem and don't really have any room to speak on its finer tactical points.

I'm talking about YUNE (If I'm bad at Fire Emblem, you sure are bad at reading)!!!! Mica is just BAD, maybe she's not bad at the beggining, for like 2-3 missions, but she sucks for the rest of the game!

lol @ finer tactical points, you are really too much into it

If it can makes you happy, yes I'm bad at a automatic win game.

Yune wasn't innocent, either. She's the half of Ashunera that destroyed the world. THough it should be mentioned that Ashunera does return in the end, based on the ending you've earned.

And no, she still dosn't suck, you just have to b particular in how you use her. Her utility sees a nice bump when she becomes a Light Sage and can start healing in earnest - and a healer is something the Dawn Brigade needs pretty badly, given that their default healer sucks.

I suppose I'm glad that you've acquiesced the point.

For Micaiah if you go to gamefaq/spot or other forum , the majority of people will give a 3/5 MAX for Micaiah and say that after the 10 first mission she useless.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Weegee said:

I'm not saying that speed is more important than CON but CON have some value like you say it's useful for heavy weapon (like legendery weapon). And no girl have not more speed than guy , they usualy just have more Luck and magic defense. Guy have usualy more HP and Strengh (Sexism Stereotype again). And Wyvern Rider are also good unit girl are not always the best. Also did you notice that your final party have always more guy than girl in fire emblem ?

I am saying that speed is more important than constitution. Because it is.

The difference in any stat is usually in the order of single points - Wil will never hit as hard as Rebecca, either, because she's a fire support and so is her brother. There is nothing sexist about how the game is built.

Wyvern Knights are like flying Cavaliers only without the survivability, and they lose out to Pegasus Knights on the stuff that actually matters: dodging attacks and killing mages. Wyvern Knights are terrible compared to Pegasus Knights in terms of sher utility.

And no, I don't notice that sort of thing, because it's often not true - particularly in Radiant Dawn.

Weegee said:

For Micaiah if you go to gamefaq/spot or other forum , the majority of people will give a 3/5 MAX for Micaiah and say that after the 10 first mission she useless.

I don't care what the GameFAQs and Gamespot forums think about Micaiah. There is no situation in which she's useless - even when she's hard-pressed to fight (as is the case in many missions), she's still a very powerful healer.

Khuutra said:
I_hate_Itagaki said:
Khuutra said:

No, you are objectively wrong on several points. Ashunera was not innocent. Ike is not the most overpowered unit in the game. His utility is not greater than Elincia's. All female characters have stats that place them on equal foting with their male counterparts. If you can't find uses for Micaiah then you are bad at Fire Emblem.

Whether or not the game is easy is one thing, but if you have such a poor understanding of the game's underlying mechanics that you think CON is more important than SPD for double-hitting in FE7 and you think Micaiah has no utility in early missions in FE10, then yes, you are bad at Fire Emblem and don't really have any room to speak on its finer tactical points.

I'm talking about YUNE (If I'm bad at Fire Emblem, you sure are bad at reading)!!!! Mica is just BAD, maybe she's not bad at the beggining, for like 2-3 missions, but she sucks for the rest of the game!

lol @ finer tactical points, you are really too much into it

If it can makes you happy, yes I'm bad at a automatic win game.

Yune wasn't innocent, either. She's the half of Ashunera that destroyed the world. THough it should be mentioned that Ashunera does return in the end, based on the ending you've earned.

And no, she still dosn't suck, you just have to b particular in how you use her. Her utility sees a nice bump when she becomes a Light Sage and can start healing in earnest - and a healer is something the Dawn Brigade needs pretty badly, given that their default healer sucks.

I suppose I'm glad that you've acquiesced the point.

O.o

You still didn't get it?  Did you saw the ending? I will say it ONE more time, she's a goddess!!! Ike is a barbarian HUMAN and he's making her change her confused mind!

I suppose I'm glad you'll understand!

Around the Network
I_hate_Itagaki said:

O.o

You still didn't get it?  Did you saw the ending? I will say it ONE more time, she's a goddess!!! Ike is a barbarian HUMAN and he's making her change her confused mind!

Right. More that Ike is assuring her that she still has a place in the world with a promise that beorc and laguz will rise up if it's necessary, but sure, why not. She seeks reassurance, unsure that she has a place anymore - human assurance is what allows her to become whol again. That's the whole "mortal and god" thing at work.

You haven't explained how that's sexist.

Khuutra said:
Weegee said:

I don't care what the GameFAQs and Gamespot forums think about Micaiah. There is no situation in which she's useless - even when she's hard-pressed to fight (as is the case in many missions), she's still a very powerful healer.

You don't care about the majority of fire emblem player (some of them is probably expert and I search other forum too). You did not notice that they are more strong guy than girl (which is normal because they are more guy than girl literally which is again not equal). But a least you admit that guy have more strength and HP than girl and it's a bad sexism stereotype. Look Fire emblem is sexist simply because they must do 40 character and they do not have the time to developpe them so they put cliché and stereotype for the character. And Japanese stereotype are always sexism because girl need support and protection in the cliché story and Fire Emblem is not a Exeption.

Sequel I want the most :

Weegee said:

You don't care about the majority of fire emblem player (some of them is probably expert). You did not notice that they are more strong guy than girl (which is normal because they are more guy than girl literally which is again not equal). But a least you admit that guy have more strength and HP than girl and it's a bad sexism stereotype. Look Fire emblem is sexist simply because they must do 40 character and they do not have the time to developpe them so they put cliché and stereotype for the character. And Japanese stereotype are always sexism because girl need support and protection in the cliché story and Fire Emblem is not a Exeption.

Guys having more strength or HP is not sexism. Differences between genders do not equate to sexism. That is not what "sexism" means.

Your reasoning is flimsy. Multiple characters does not make a game sexist. Stereotypes does not make a game sexist. Your claim about Japanese portrayal of women is needlessly reductive, somewhat xenophobic, and culturally insensitive.

You do not have a point to make, about Fire Emblem or in general. You need to be more specific about sexist elements in a story or sexist elements in mechanics, and you have failed to do either.

Khuutra said:
I_hate_Itagaki said:

O.o

Right. More that Ike is assuring her that she still has a place in the world with a promise that beorc and laguz will rise up if it's necessary, but sure, why not. She seeks reassurance, unsure that she has a place anymore - human assurance is what allows her to become whol again. That's the whole "mortal and god" thing at work.

You haven't explained how that's sexist.

Simple, she's a goddess who needs assurance from a male barbarian human. If it was a old pilosophe, ok, but IKE?! WTH?! Why not Mica, you know, the MAIN char? Or the Queen? If it would have been a God (in a JRPG or tactic RPG, wathever), he would not need assurence. Have you ever saw that scene but with inverted sexes? Check the ending again.

And no, it's to 'mortal or god' thing.

I_hate_Itagaki said:

Simple, she's a goddess who needs assurance from a male barbarian human. If it was a old pilosophe, ok, but IKE?! WTH?! Why not Mica, you know, the MAIN char? Or the Queen? If it would have been a God (in a JRPG or tactic RPG, wathever), he would not need assurence. Have you ever saw that scene but with inverted sexes? Check the ending again.

And no, it's to 'mortal or god' thing.

The more fervent you gt, the more difficult to read your writing becomes.

You can't invert the sexes in that scene.

You're not making a point, here, and not pointing out any way in which it's sexist. You're rejecting the primary driving factor for the relationships between Yune and Ashera, Ashera and her followers, Yune and the mercenaries, and Ashunera and the world. If you want to ignore the primary elements of the story, that's fine, but it means you don't have a leg to stand on.