By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games made you buy each system you own this gen?

Aion said:
Lastgengamer said:
Aion said:

360: Xbox live, friends, next gen console,

ps3 if i had one, for the amazing Little Big Planet

What were the games for the 360 that contributed to your decision to purchase one?

No games, just bought it because my friends did.

Sucker of the good ol' peer pressure, huh? My situation was kinda similar. They indirectly peer pressured me to get a 360 because so many of my friends were having so much fun, I just got jealous

Around the Network

Wii : Super Smash Brother , Wii Sport 

PS3 : Fallout 3

DS : Mario And Luigi Partner In Time , Mario Party DS

PSP : Patapon

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

When I got my DS I got

Mario Kart- happy

Mario and Luigi Parnters in Time- happy

Tetris DS- happy

Ridge Racer DS- eh

This is what I got right off the bat that I can recall followed by New Super Mario Bros (Happy) a few months later.

When I got my Wii I got

Wii Sports -happy

Mario Kart Wii -happy

Super Mario Galaxy- happy

Super Paper Mario-happy

Super Smash Bros Brawl-happy

Mario Kart came out as I finally got a Wii

Really no one game got me to buy them. But, it was Nintendos first party games that did, which is what makes me always buy Nintendo consoles. I have since added many games from Nintendo and from 3rd parties to both over the years.

I almost always buy a system based on what 1st party has to offer. I had Sega systems because of Sega I had Sony systems because of Sony too. Only once did a 3rd party game have much influence and that was FF 7, but Crash Bandicoot is what tip the scale for me to get my PS1

I got the Wii and DS because I really liked the Gamecube and GBA, but the games that sealed the deal were The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii and Pokemon Diamond for the DS.

The PS3 I got as soon as the slim came out.  Thought I'm not sure I would have bought it if it weren't for Enchanted Arms and the knowledge that Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, and Gran Turismo 5 were coming out for it, the sequels to my favorite games on the PS2.

I should also add that when I get a 3DS it will be once again because of what games Nintendo has to offer

Animal Crossing- I dunno why but i love this game and so does my GF and her daughter

Kid Icarus: Uprising- it has been years since I have got to use Pit in his own world (most wanted atm)

Mario Kart- Ive owned everyone of them and only the GC one let me down some

Paper Mario- always a fun game

PilotWings Resort- could use a good flying game havent had one since N64 PilotWings funny enough

Star Fox 64 3D- not the biggest StarFox fan in the world, but I really loved the SNES/64 ones

Steel Diver- Sounds interesting not sure it will be a buy yet though

Some 3rd party games I am wanting too, but these right here along with hopefully another New Super Mario Bros game is what will make me want it

Around the Network

PS3 - Final Fantasy XIII (Worth It)

360 - The Last Remnant (Worth It)

NDS - I got it for free, twice by trading money in a game.

PSP - Crisis Core (Worth It)

Wii - Got it for free, but I would say not worth it if I had to pay for it.

PC - Final Fantasy XIV (N/A It isn't out yet!)

Wii: Nintedo games, but mainly New Super Mario Bros Wii and the iminent release of Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Above: still the best game of the year.

X360: Rock Band, Sakaguchi games and the fact my best friend had one

DS lite: FF remakes and the fact it played GBA games

PS3: Only got it a week ago my reasoning was
Uncharted 1 & 2
Disgaea 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Little Big Planet 1 & 2
3D Dot Game Heroes

Plus Amazon accidently gave me a $185 refund, so I got it super cheap

i bought a ps3 because it was BC to my ps2 games. I now own a non-BC ps3 and don't really miss BC but if it was the case at the start, I might have opted for a 360 instead. I will never know now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 and Soul Calibur IV

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...