By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Orange Box Coming to PS3 Next Week

i love xbox 360 said:
about time it was out for xbox months ago lol

If Gabe Newell wasnt a complete tosspot it would have been out months ago for the PS3 as well.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
windbane said:
naznatips said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Besides...Epic's far from perfect. They delay the hell out of their games just like Valve...not to mention the Unreal 3 engine has been the exact opposite of anything good for the PS3...it has delayed and killed potential for many multiplatform PS3 games.

So there's plenty to whine about on both sides.

I say, get the Orange Box, they're wonderful games, and I think an easier game to pick up and play compared to the fast-paced UT3...although on the PS3 I suppose it...won't be fast? I don't understand how UT3 even plays on a console...but whatever.

That's actually a really good question. I'm not sure how you can control a game that fast with a joystick. I'm not really sure people who want this game know how fast it is. Take the speed of the Killzone footage and double it. You may be right though. They may be toning down the speed to accomodate joystick controls.

The game supports keyboard and mouse for PS3. From everything I've heard (and I'm a few weeks behind on 1UP and IGN podcasts), the game runs on the PS3 exactly as it does on the PC. That's great news, too. The Unreal engine problems need to get solved on the PS3.

The PS3 version is slowed about 20% if i remember what Mark Rein said correctly.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Yeah, plus, how many PS3 gamers will actually use a keyboard and mouse? I doubt many.

Also, yeah, Half Life 2 came out 3 years ago, but it's still a great engine, and Episode 2 has tons of upgrades to it. It looks just as good as a regular 360 game. Episode 1 also got upgraded with the enhancements of Episode 2.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

sieanr said:
Kotaku has a hands on up. They claim that frame rate problems are rampant throughout, even in portal.

Sieanr, as always, the harbinger of good PS3 news.

I'll rent this game though, just to make sure.

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, plus, how many PS3 gamers will actually use a keyboard and mouse? I doubt many.

Also, yeah, Half Life 2 came out 3 years ago, but it's still a great engine, and Episode 2 has tons of upgrades to it. It looks just as good as a regular 360 game. Episode 1 also got upgraded with the enhancements of Episode 2.

Most people have USB keyboards and mice lying around.  I looked for special deals for awhile until I found both for $20 combined, which is the same as a classic controller.  

Mods are the bigger deal for PS3 owners, though. 

Around the Network

I'm also thinking of buying this game but i've never played the original game so i don't know if that would make a difference... Will see how much money i have when it comes out anyway, as i'm getting Uncharted for sure and UT3 when it comes out here in the UK.

Damn you guys in the US for getting it this year!! lol

Do you think it will have added features, because of Sony's bigger Blu-Ray disc?

a.l.e.x59 said:
Do you think it will have added features, because of Sony's bigger Blu-Ray disc?

MAYBE better audio, I'd like to see some "making of, or behind the scenes" also, but PS3 multi-plats get skrewed :D They Develope on the 360 first :P, no real point to utilize the space when you already have the compressed version done. I would LOVE to see multi-plat games un-compressed on the PS3 though :) But alas, I will wait patiently for now :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
a.l.e.x59 said:

MAYBE better audio, I'd like to see some "making of, or behind the scenes" also, but PS3 multi-plats get skrewed :D They Develope on the 360 first :P, no real point to utilize the space when you already have the compressed version done. I would LOVE to see multi-plat games un-compressed on the PS3 though :) But alas, I will wait patiently for now :P

Well thats not really the case here cause theyve barely started work on the 360 version the last I heard. The PS3 version wont have extra features I dont think, but it'll have modding support like the PC version which is good enough for me.

Between the Orange Box and UT3, I'll be buying UT3.

The way I see it is, my PC will run HL2 and all these mods. It won't run UT3 unless I sink another $400 in upgrading the processor and video (again).

Frankly, I already bought HL2.

Screw you, Valve. This is why your "baby" is getting trounced on the 360 by games like Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, COD4, et al ... which have all sold 3-times as much in 1/3rd the time. I am sick and tired of publishers shoveling me repacks with the patches and mods already applied. This practice needs to stop.

I hope Orange Box tanks.