By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Orange Box Coming to PS3 Next Week

well iam not stopping myself really. what iam saying is supporting a company that will do u better in futur!! halflife is on my list i will buy it, but first i will support epic because they are more on positive way toward the ps3!! unlike EA that being lazy toward the PS3

killzone2 =halo killer!!!!!   

PS3 4 life

games playing

PS3:resident evil /resistance / killzone2/fallout3/uncharted/cod4/MGS4/socom/far cry2/biochock/dead space/street fighter4 

XBOX360:Gears of War/ Bioshock/ Halo3/ gears of war2/left 4 dead/mass effect/fable 2/dead rising

Wii:Zelda TP/ Resident evil 4/ Metriod Prime 3

PSP:Only bought it for God of War and the remote control for my PS3gamertag/PSN=  Dumbkilla

Wii#  0378860588753451

Around the Network
socomevil2004 said:
well iam not stopping myself really. what iam saying is supporting a company that will do u better in futur!! halflife is on my list i will buy it, but first i will support epic because they are more on positive way toward the ps3!! unlike EA that being lazy toward the PS3

EA just did the port, and by all recent reports they did a good job.  If you want quality games out of EA in the future, support the games they do right.  

Yah Leo, get em both. Put em on your xmas wishlist. Orange Box is getting 5 games in one. Helluva deal.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

I hope it doesn't suck regarding performance. The last reviews I read were hopeful though the 360 version seems to be better. But a less than perfect H2 is still better than most other games combined.

how can support them and they havnt done anything right for ps3~~

naznatips said:
socomevil2004 said:

EA just did the port, and by all recent reports they did a good job.  If you want quality games out of EA in the future, support the games they do right.  

killzone2 =halo killer!!!!!   

PS3 4 life

games playing

PS3:resident evil /resistance / killzone2/fallout3/uncharted/cod4/MGS4/socom/far cry2/biochock/dead space/street fighter4 

XBOX360:Gears of War/ Bioshock/ Halo3/ gears of war2/left 4 dead/mass effect/fable 2/dead rising

Wii:Zelda TP/ Resident evil 4/ Metriod Prime 3

PSP:Only bought it for God of War and the remote control for my PS3gamertag/PSN=  Dumbkilla

Wii#  0378860588753451

Around the Network
socomevil2004 said:
naznatips said:
socomevil2004 said:

how can support them and they havnt done anything right for ps3~~

Then support the things they do do right.  If this port comes out good, buy it.  Send a message to EA that you'll buy good games from them but not crappy ones, and that's what you'll get.  More good games.  Don't you want games like Spore (currently only set for Wii, DS, and PC)?  Mass Effect and its sequels?  If you want the good games like that, then buy a game when they do it right.  

"If this port comes out good, buy it. "

to be honest. Normally I would be in the "Let EA die" camp. They simply deserve to be removed from the face of the gaming world for adding their putrid mark of destruction on so many great gaming series.
On the other hand this is Half-Life2, possibly the best console game yet available for PS3. And in the end it is Valve. So I am weak and will buy it. But I will feel dirty for giving EA some money.

Besides...Epic's far from perfect. They delay the hell out of their games just like Valve...not to mention the Unreal 3 engine has been the exact opposite of anything good for the PS3...it has delayed and killed potential for many multiplatform PS3 games.

So there's plenty to whine about on both sides.

I say, get the Orange Box, they're wonderful games, and I think an easier game to pick up and play compared to the fast-paced UT3...although on the PS3 I suppose it...won't be fast? I don't understand how UT3 even plays on a console...but whatever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Besides...Epic's far from perfect. They delay the hell out of their games just like Valve...not to mention the Unreal 3 engine has been the exact opposite of anything good for the PS3...it has delayed and killed potential for many multiplatform PS3 games.

So there's plenty to whine about on both sides.

I say, get the Orange Box, they're wonderful games, and I think an easier game to pick up and play compared to the fast-paced UT3...although on the PS3 I suppose it...won't be fast? I don't understand how UT3 even plays on a console...but whatever.

That's actually a really good question.  I'm not sure how you can control a game that fast with a joystick.  I'm not really sure people who want this game know how fast it is.  Take the speed of the Killzone footage and double it.  You may be right though.  They may be toning down the speed to accomodate joystick controls. 

Took them long enough.  As long as all the early reports of glitches and problems have been fixed, it should be another great game to add to the PS3's library.