By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should Nintendo name their next home console?

What should Nintendo name their next home console?

Wii2 14 10.29%

Super Wii 24 17.65%

A new name 98 72.06%

Total:136

How about WIN?

It works on so many levels.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

would be cool if they called this one Revolution

RCTjunkie said:
wfz said:

Well, 2 is pronounced "ni" in Japanese.

So.. Wiini. I love it.

I'm not playing with my Wiini. That's for casuals.

Well my girlfriend must be a casual then, because she loves the idea of playing with my Wiini.

Big Wii! Now you can say "Wii" with pride by saying "I have a Big Wii"! It also works with the Big N.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

In the same way that Game Boy was a brand name for their portable systems, Wii could be the brand name for years to come. 

On the other hand, nothing sounds quite right when paired with Wii. I hope they had a name in mind for the successor when they named it Wii. 

Xbox went with 360 because they didn't want Xbox 2 to sound inferior to PS3. Using the same logic, a Wii 2 would not work. Super Wii sounds lame.

Here is my suggestion: Nintendo ENVY. Because the other guys wish they thought of motion control 1st. Also: Nintendo 6 = N6 = NVI = ENVY.

Around the Network

@specialops787, not a bad name there.  It has multiple meanings.  I guess most people consider the virtual boy as a portable (even though it wasn't too portable).  Anyways, I think Nintendo would like the forget the Virtual Boy (except by learning for its' mistakes).

Another thread on this topic? ..........

Wii HD

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Wiiplus

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Wii Too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

supermario128 said:

Another thread on this topic? ..........

Wii HD

Sorry, since you can't search forum topics anymore it is kind of hard to know if you are creating a duplicate thread....