By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square: MS unwilling to work on FFXIV 360 problems

dahuman said:
ssj12 said:
dahuman said:
ssj12 said:
Wagram said:
ssj12 said:

Dude seriously, my mom's laptop will run FFXIV and it was a $450 laptop. We all know laptop parts are shit compared to desktop parts and for $450 I could build a pretty decent desktop.

Yeah you can run it. But how well can you run it? On a 450 laptop your probably going to get a 1000 or less benchmark score which is bare bones with lag.

not true, I just installed my GTX480 and now have 6GBs of ram. Do you want to know how much of an improvement on the benchmark I gained? 40 points. My system scores a 2248 now. The benchmark is trash. Plain and simple. It tests nothing but CPU preformance with threading and does ia piss poor job at it since my CPU gets a P18990 running 3dMark Vantage which is a pretty good score.

As for the specs of my mom's laptop. 3GBs of ram, HD3xxx mobile (its mid-grade, just forget exact model), and an Athlon II CPU running at 2.1GHz. It can run FFXI easily and actually run Crysis on low (at like 25fps but still it runs it). I havent tested the system with 3dmark or anything else but if I was to guess what it would score CPU wise I'd place it maybe around P14000 which is 1000 points above my Athlon X2 4600 .

my friend, my CPU never went above 30% during those tests..... that thing is pretty video card heavy.....Wagram has almost the same setup that I do besides the video card and I kicked his ass by 700 points because I have a 5870 and he has a 5850, I think it's just that your CPU is too old at this point, I'll try running that benchmark on my 4400 MPC with a 3870 and update on the score when I get home so we can compare results.

My CPU is only a year and a hlaf old. Athlon X2 7750BE oced to 3.03GHz. My Athlon X2 isnt the old K8 processors. Its based of AMD's K10 series.

lets hope I don't get close or higher than you then, cause then there is something wrong....

Ya, its a CPU stresser. I just ran CPUTemp with EVGA Precision and watched usage. My CPU usage maxed to 100% while GPU stayed around 25% max. And my score this time was 2015. Something is massively screwed up with this benchmark. Its not using my system correctly at all. Especially since I just OCed my GTX480, which is stronger than your GPU at stock, by 30MHz on both processor and memory.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Dude, MS better have an exclusive MMORPG in the works or I call Bull****

Why?  It's not like this game is going to be a major draw for consoles. 

People may be able to point me to a thread where upwards of dozens of people are upset the PS3 version is delayed, but that doesn't change the fact this is primarily a PC game.

The PS3 may have the advantage that you can connect a mouse and keyboard to this but I don't think most people that want to play FFXIV will take advantage of that.  MMO's just need a keyboard.  Plain and simple.

It's possible to play and communicate an MMO with just a controller, FFXI proved this, but it also proved that it isn't fun.

Also, the other reason why FFXIV will be by far the best on the PC-- user mods.

I'm not talking about SE sanctioned, I'm talking about things like the Windower and all the awesome plugins it brought for FFXI.

I don't think I knew anyone that didn't use the windower.

PS3 has full mouse and keyboard support. SE would be foolish to not add it in.

Although I wouldn't be surprised.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Dude, MS better have an exclusive MMORPG in the works or I call Bull****

Why?  It's not like this game is going to be a major draw for consoles. 

People may be able to point me to a thread where upwards of dozens of people are upset the PS3 version is delayed, but that doesn't change the fact this is primarily a PC game.

The PS3 may have the advantage that you can connect a mouse and keyboard to this but I don't think most people that want to play FFXIV will take advantage of that.  MMO's just need a keyboard.  Plain and simple.

It's possible to play and communicate an MMO with just a controller, FFXI proved this, but it also proved that it isn't fun.

Also, the other reason why FFXIV will be by far the best on the PC-- user mods.

I'm not talking about SE sanctioned, I'm talking about things like the Windower and all the awesome plugins it brought for FFXI.

I don't think I knew anyone that didn't use the windower.

I'm sure they will.  I know people love to say I hate the PS3 but even I have enough confindence in SE and Sony to think that they would have the foresight to include mouse and keyboard support.

The problem though is a lot of people don't know the PS3 supports mouse and keyboard.  It's generally the people that constantly go onto forums like this that know...and that's a pretty small percentage of the gaming population.

probably because MS doesn't even care if this game comes to the 360.  Like XIV is going to push any hardware for any systems lol.

Reminds me of when I used Windower for the first time. Holy cow. Change music on the fly, instant maps without having to stop / open map / close map / continue, casting timers, inventory management, distance calculator.. all glorious stuff !

Without Windower I felt like I was playing an inferior version of the game. You win this round, PC. I seriously hope that items will sort themselves automatically this time around. Like I have the time for that (between healing contests and changing equipment every second).

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:

I'm sure they will.  I know people love to say I hate the PS3 but even I have enough confindence in SE and Sony to think that they would have the foresight to include mouse and keyboard support.

The problem though is a lot of people don't know the PS3 supports mouse and keyboard.  It's generally the people that constantly go onto forums like this that know...and that's a pretty small percentage of the gaming population.

That is why they need to advertise it on the FFXIV PS3 box.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
twesterm said:
Euphoria14 said:

That is why they need to advertise it on the FFXIV PS3 box.

Then lots of people will need to invest in wireless Keyboard&Mouse kits.

KillerMan said:

On that I agree.  MMO's just don't work that well on consoles. For example how do you use text chat without keyboard? It would be incredibly slow. Hotkeys are also must with MMO's. I still think that it will sell also decent amount on PS3 but most of the sales come from PC version of course like you said.

FFXI worked fine and worked better on 360. especially since about 60% of the people in linkshell had 360 we all talked in cross party chat so communication was much faster. can still do hotkeys and macros on console too since I'm sure most of that was saved on the servers..  FFXI was one of those games where you play alongside pc, ps2 and ps3 with bc and other 360 players together.

main problem with the 360 was during besieged 360 would crash a lot when there was a lotta shit happening on screen 

but it's a shame FFXIV not coming I woulda liked to play this on 360 and see if old linkshell buddies moved onto there.

piggychan said:
KillerMan said:

On that I agree.  MMO's just don't work that well on consoles. For example how do you use text chat without keyboard? It would be incredibly slow. Hotkeys are also must with MMO's. I still think that it will sell also decent amount on PS3 but most of the sales come from PC version of course like you said.

FFXI worked fine and worked better on 360. especially since about 60% of the people in linkshell had 360 we all talked in cross party chat so communication was much faster. can still do hotkeys and macros on console too since I'm sure most of that was saved on the servers..  FFXI was one of those games where you play alongside pc, ps2 and ps3 with bc and other 360 players together.

main problem with the 360 was during besieged 360 would crash a lot when there was a lotta shit happening on screen 

but it's a shame FFXIV not coming I woulda liked to play this on 360 and see if old linkshell buddies moved onto there.

I would've never been able to communicate properly with voice chat, we had people from the U.S and all over Europe in our linkshell. French, English, German in the same chatroom.. chaos :/

I guess it works okay if you only recruit people from the same country or something. Also, harder to pretend you're from Japan when they can actually hear your stupid accent. :D

poroporo said:
piggychan said:

I would've never been able to communicate properly with voice chat, we had people from the U.S and all over Europe in our linkshell. French, English, German in the same chatroom.. chaos :/

I guess it works okay if you only recruit people from the same country or something.

haha speaking the same language helps.. UK and USA should have no problems. since our linkshell was mostly english speaking.  Had fun playing alongside japanese players too with the word translate thing