By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square: MS unwilling to work on FFXIV 360 problems

owww i bet S-E are real butthurt after being refused to put FF14 on the 360 after helping MS with xbox live with FF11 at the start of this gen

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:

owww i bet S-E are real butthurt after being refused to put FF14 on the 360 after helping MS with xbox live with FF11 at the start of this gen

I'm pretty sure that they aren't taking this well. May impact future negotiations between the companies. The ball really is in Microsofts court. Hopefully they will eventually decide to take advantage of it.

The 360 Acolytes are making excuses again...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

That is fine by me this will be just another great game not available on 360. No worries though because thanks to the PC it is still multiplat. It is good to know that probably all MMO's will not come to 360, yay for PS3 and PC gamers.

Dual boxing in MMO's is a big thing and a lot of people may not have 2 PCs capable of running the game. I have FFXI expansions for both PC and xbox. Microsoft really missed a trick here, oh well maybe i'll buy a PS3. 

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

Around the Network

thats pretty lame, its a shame because that means less potential gamers playing ffXIV, and as long as the ps3 version supports keyboard and mouse (not quite sure why it wouldnt) then i will definitely be pickin it up for both my pc and ps3 for convenience sake cuz im pretty sure my account will work on all platforms.  And some of you guys are takin this way too serious, cool it down some how are others supposed to post in peace when some of you are blatantly attacking others?  Ridiculous.  Its okay to correct others but not to the extent that some of you are.  Anyways, I cant wait to try this game out, a shame i signed up for the ps3 beta and not pc I had no idea that the ps3 version was going to get delayed and thought for some weird reason that the ps3 beta was going to be around the same time because they kinda said that the game is going to be released simultaneously across both platforms worldwide, im actually still a little pissed about that, oh well. 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

OGY said:

Dual boxing in MMO's is a big thing and a lot of people may not have 2 PCs capable of running the game. I have FFXI expansions for both PC and xbox. Microsoft really missed a trick here, oh well maybe i'll buy a PS3. 

Well I agree and disagree.  Dual boxin is big*not as big as you think in ff..kinda not as easy but is still very doable*.

Do you know how big the user base is for ffonline console wise?  Not that big.(last time I saw it was from 20-60k*active*..and pc user was anywhere from 400-600k *active user*) FFonline could run of a intel gma 995 or w/e its 2000-2003ish intergated grphx card was.

I Don't fault folks getting it on ps3..not like its not fun either way.

And goes back to what I said earlier  msft is getting picky...they've already sold great and a mmo on a console is very niche. Not to mention thier dual support for pc market etc. And hell let Sony snag some mmo's...atm its just FF....and how many mmo's have said just in the last 2-4 years they were devloping for consoles...*quite a bit* and none have showed up. Someone needs to make that push...but then again...enter the pc market..tuff ground to tread..tuff ground indeed.

Remeber 90% of every pc user still says shooters are best with kb n m...which I disagree.

Wagram said:
poroporo said:
RockMan10 said:

I used to have FFXI on PC and PS2, I always played on ps2 because I could just lay in bed or whatever and be lazy while playing.. I didnt really prefer being hunched over a desk and killing myself like that on a PC.

I only kept it on PC because it was my laptop and I could take it around and play anywhere...

Consoles are more comfortable in my opinion, especially now everything is wireless

I used to play WHM/BLM and honestly I don't know how I could've managed without a keyboard. I had like ten million macros for my stuff :<

I'm an old school WHM on Cerberus. I was the shiz. and I found it easier to play without macros for that job.

No offense, but you couldn't be as good as the actual good WHM's.  If you don't have macro's, you're automatically slower than me.  Hell, I even had an alliance set where I could quickly cast on alliance members without having to go through the trouble of funny keys or lots of tabs.

If you don't cure at the perfect time, you get agro and if you don't cast any of your other spells at the perfect time you ruin the flow of the party or slow things down.  While you're sitting with cure ready on the tank, I'm busy doing everything else.

twesterm said:
Wagram said:
poroporo said:
RockMan10 said:

I used to have FFXI on PC and PS2, I always played on ps2 because I could just lay in bed or whatever and be lazy while playing.. I didnt really prefer being hunched over a desk and killing myself like that on a PC.

I only kept it on PC because it was my laptop and I could take it around and play anywhere...

Consoles are more comfortable in my opinion, especially now everything is wireless

I used to play WHM/BLM and honestly I don't know how I could've managed without a keyboard. I had like ten million macros for my stuff :<

I'm an old school WHM on Cerberus. I was the shiz. and I found it easier to play without macros for that job.

No offense, but you couldn't be as good as the actual good WHM's.  If you don't have macro's, you're automatically slower than me.  Hell, I even had an alliance set where I could quickly cast on alliance members without having to go through the trouble of funny keys or lots of tabs.

If you don't cure at the perfect time, you get agro and if you don't cast any of your other spells at the perfect time you ruin the flow of the party or slow things down.  While you're sitting with cure ready on the tank, I'm busy doing everything else.

Funny, I was always the main WHM in my HNMLS on Cerberus. I used to cover our best tank, and possibly the best damn tank of all time Boaz. Me and that guy were an unstoppable team.

Wagram said:
twesterm said:
Wagram said:
poroporo said:
RockMan10 said:

Funny, I was always the main WHM in my HNMLS on Cerberus. I used to cover our best tank, and possibly the best damn tank of all time Boaz. Me and that guy were an unstoppable team.

Again, no offense, but I just doubt you were one of the best.

1) Everyone thinks "they're one of the best ____" or "they're in the best xLS", they're not.

2) I believe you truly think you and your tank were one of the best, I just don't think it's true.  If you've never experienced better simply because you haven't played with better for whatever reason, it's easy to think you're the best.

3) Covering a single tank isn't really a hard job and in that case, macros aren't hugely important (though macros are always better than no macros).  One more time, absolutely no offense here, but if I knew you didn't use macros, I would probably tell you to concentrate on a single person too.  Not because you're awesome, but because I would seriously doubt your ability to do anything else.  A good clue covering only the tank isn't hard and doesn't require as good of a healer?  This job was usually defauled to me when I went and did at with my LS when I was only a 60SMN and they were all 75.

4) You may be the best WHM around that doesn't use macros, but you're still probably not as good as a mediocre WHM that does use macros.  It's actually fairly funny that you consider yourself awesome but don't use macros.  Just because you're playing it the harder way, or old school, and being stubborn doesn't make your better.

I made almost my entire career as a mage and my mains were SMN, WHM, BRD, and SCH so I know healing.  I had every mage class leveled to at least 37 and many of the melee classes decently leveled too.  If you're not using macros, you're doing it wrong.  Lets just hope you never played RDM.