By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trophies and achievements - how do you like them?

Barozi said:

One of the best things that happened to gaming.

Only online achievements and the collect 100 whatever stuff sucks. (Bioshock 2 does it pretty well though, I think they are like 129 audio logs and you only need to find 100. That's doable without a guide)

I'm ok with collectibles as long as they also give you something else beyond the trophy. For example, I liked the dead drops in inFamous but not the DAMNED blast shards!

Around the Network

I love them though some can be annoying.

I really don't care about them at all unless they unlock something. Even then, its somewhat annoying to be forced to do some crazy shit to gain a cool item or upgrade.

All in all, I couldn't care less and see it as pure nonsense and I wish I could just turn them off to be honest.

I like them until they get ridiculous, I used to play a game called Mafia Wars on facebook that had trophies that were basically impossible to ever obtain without cheating...thats one of the reasons I stopped playing it.

I'm neither here nor there really, they are alright, adding to the game but doesn't change me playing of the game. They just appear randomly when I play games and I never really take them in. If they gave me extras in the game like Uncharted then cool but they don't.

Although like some say the excessive ones are a joke. Ones that just require you to just keep playing, are silly too.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Fufinu said:
Barozi said:

One of the best things that happened to gaming.

Only online achievements and the collect 100 whatever stuff sucks. (Bioshock 2 does it pretty well though, I think they are like 129 audio logs and you only need to find 100. That's doable without a guide)

I'm ok with collectibles as long as they also give you something else beyond the trophy. For example, I liked the dead drops in inFamous but not the DAMNED blast shards!

Blast shards were better than many, you could at least see their location on radar, so it isn't as annoying as things like the feathers from AC I

I like most achievements, that includes online ones.If you're gona complain abouta game having online achievements might as well not buy it.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Ajescent said:

I'm pretty sure it was Insomniac who introduced Achievements/Trophies, I remember collecting them in Timesplitters 2 on the ps2.

You could say it was lots of companies ex: nintendo with collecting stuff in mario/metroid rpgs with secret bosses getting 100% completition.Now we have a number to show off how big our e peen is. ( which is cool in my book ahahaha)

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

Carl2291 said:

One of the best things to ever happen to gaming IMO

Thanks to Blizzard and WoW for introducing them to us!!

WoW added them in 2008 with Wrath of the Lich King so i don't think they introduced anything

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

FlyingLotus said:

I like most achievements, that includes online ones.If you're gona complain abouta game having online achievements might as well not buy it.

Yes, but scoring within the rop 1% of an online community is not fun. Especially for people who ... work. Or  do other things :)