By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possible 3DS killer up Sony's sleve??

I am making that picture of "The Homer" my wallpaper!

Around the Network

nintendo was always winning in handhelds it is very difficult for sony to counter 3ds only if 3ds  costs 300$ at launch

Arius Dion said:

If Sony only makes a more Powerful PSP2, or tries to just piggy back off of Nintendo's ideas (again) The handheld will be an utter failure.

Sony's so threatened by the 3DS, that Yoshida guy had to ask Nintendo to lay off the 3D glasses bashing.

Nintendo's had handheld dominance for over 20yrs. That's not changing anytime soon.

Your last sentence means very little: it is not because Nintendo dominated for 20 years that will dominate with the 3DS (probably), it is the opposite, Nintendo will dominate for another gen (5-6-7 years) because of the 3DS.

Still, the past means a lot, but the present means more: Sony will have to chose it's main enemy, Nintendo or Apple. And both are giants. Plus this time the supports for 3DS is massive, with the bigger brands all there, and with hardware capable of things the GC (or even the Wii) couldn't. This are the main reasons why it is likely that the 3DS will be extremely succesful.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

RolStoppable said:
weezy said:
TX109 said:

.....has this gen taught you nothing?

I believe Nintendo did not release info  on the original DS before Sony announced  the PSP.

This time around:

Sony knows exactly what 3DS is all about.

I am just saying  Sony possibly could come out with a bigger badder version of 3DS

And by doing that making sure to get all the third party games of the 3DS?

The PS3 is a bigger, badder version of the 360. Sony's first party isn't even capable of beating Microsoft's (at least so far), but you expect them to wipe the floor with NIntendo's, thus killing the 3DS?

I can understand why you are worried.

MS first party? LULZ!!!!!

Buzzi said:
Arius Dion said:

If Sony only makes a more Powerful PSP2, or tries to just piggy back off of Nintendo's ideas (again) The handheld will be an utter failure.

Sony's so threatened by the 3DS, that Yoshida guy had to ask Nintendo to lay off the 3D glasses bashing.

Nintendo's had handheld dominance for over 20yrs. That's not changing anytime soon.

Your last sentence means very little: it is not because Nintendo dominated for 20 years that will dominate with the 3DS (probably), it is the opposite, Nintendo will dominate for another gen (5-6-7 years) because of the 3DS.

Still, the past means a lot, but the present means more: Sony will have to chose it's main enemy, Nintendo or Apple. And both are giants. Plus this time the supports for 3DS is massive, with the bigger brands all there, and with hardware capable of things the GC (or even the Wii) couldn't. This are the main reasons why it is likely that the 3DS will be extremely succesful.

I disagree. Context is indeed important. True, any thing can happen, but due to Nintendo's historic dominance in this arena, it is unlikely..rather I'd not bet against them or bet that Sony has an ace up its sleeve to 'kill' the 3DS.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post though.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

yep again revealing things to early i too think sonys next handheld will be a hit, i mean wasnt the psp a hit?

sony have learn to be patient they will definitely have the upper hand power and feature wise

Play Me

famousringo said:

It needs all that, plus:

3G connectivity

Dual analogs

1080p screen

Capacitive touch screen

Motion sensors

8 cameras

Gigantic cup holders

Two bubble domes

sounds about 800 dollars to me, deal!

If Nintendo gets Monster Hunter on MT Framework on 3DS then..... PSP=gg in Japan too.....

dahuman said:

If Nintendo gets Monster Hunter on MT Framework on 3DS then..... PSP=gg in Japan too.....

I'd bet quite a lot of...anything that 3DS will get a MH game.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
dahuman said:

I'd bet quite a lot of...anything that 3DS will get a MH game.

Of course. Given that they know Nintendo has the know-how to at least make the game noticeable in the West, if Nintendo extends that offer again, Capcom is certain to take it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.