By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possible 3DS killer up Sony's sleve??

The thing is that pretty much everything is going in Nintendo's favour so far: 3rd party support, internet hype, etc.  Even if the PSP2 is great, Nintendo need to cock up big time for the PSP2 to come anywhere near close to the sales the 3DS should get.

Around the Network

my point is not mute. im saying that sony could very easilycreate a perfect 3d screen for the next psp without batting an eye lid. lol what do you mean nintendo arnt gona drop to game cube standerds any time soon. last i checked the wii has one of the single worst line up of games since the 2600. shore the 1st party games are okey if you like playing as a weird plumber but other than the 3rd party aspect has been a total fail.

Arius Dion said:
Buzzi said:
Arius Dion said:

If Sony only makes a more Powerful PSP2, or tries to just piggy back off of Nintendo's ideas (again) The handheld will be an utter failure.

Sony's so threatened by the 3DS, that Yoshida guy had to ask Nintendo to lay off the 3D glasses bashing.

Nintendo's had handheld dominance for over 20yrs. That's not changing anytime soon.

Your last sentence means very little: it is not because Nintendo dominated for 20 years that will dominate with the 3DS (probably), it is the opposite, Nintendo will dominate for another gen (5-6-7 years) because of the 3DS.

Still, the past means a lot, but the present means more: Sony will have to chose it's main enemy, Nintendo or Apple. And both are giants. Plus this time the supports for 3DS is massive, with the bigger brands all there, and with hardware capable of things the GC (or even the Wii) couldn't. This are the main reasons why it is likely that the 3DS will be extremely succesful.

I disagree. Context is indeed important. True, any thing can happen, but due to Nintendo's historic dominance in this arena, it is unlikely..rather I'd not bet against them or bet that Sony has an ace up its sleeve to 'kill' the 3DS.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post though.

a company dominating doesnt change as thing no matter how long for. sony hert nintendo to an inch of its life for over 10 years but the wii changed that. the same thing could happen again for sony. people have got to stop saying how ninten doa re so "inative". to be honest they copy sony a ms (not as much ms) just as much as the other 2 do. welcome to the world of technoligy. a world that would just be in a stand still if 2 great minds never took stuf from eachother

FantasySky said:

my point is not mute. im saying that sony could very easilycreate a perfect 3d screen for the next psp without batting an eye lid. lol what do you mean nintendo arnt gona drop to game cube standerds any time soon. last i checked the wii has one of the single worst line up of games since the 2600. shore the 1st party games are okey if you like playing as a weird plumber but other than the 3rd party aspect has been a total fail.

I actually think that the Wii's exclusive line up is superior to those of the PS3 or 360, but I guess I'm in the minority

MrT-Tar said:
FantasySky said:

I actually think that the Wii's exclusive line up is superior to those of the PS3 or 360, but I guess I'm in the minority

No it's just him, acting like most kids his age.

Former something....

Around the Network

I think Sony's going to try and tread water with PSP-4000 in the near term (and they'll fail to do that really, except maybe in Japan with MHP3), then sometime next year they'll start to launch new devices (phone, tablet, standalone handheld) with "PSP Plus" compatibility (upspecced PSP chipset, touchscreen, optional 3G, maybe 2nd analog nub, full PSP/Classics/Minis backwards compatibility).  Given the recent comments coming out of Sony and various journalists' sources, it's sounding more and more like they don't plan to challenge 3DS directly...

MrT-Tar said:
FantasySky said:

You are not wrong, but it takes a multi-console/handheld/PC gamer to know, I'm one of those fortunately.

Sadly no. The 3DS will sell tremendously based off of hype and Nintendo's prior success with the DS. Also, it will have a whole bunch of these casual games that's gonna suck in teen girls and that alone will get it to sell more than the next PSP. Granted, the 3DS looks like its gonna be pretty good (cant wait for Kid Icarus)

RolStoppable said:

I know, it's hilarious. Microsoft barely has any first party studios, but what they have combined with a few third party exclusives they bought has been enough to maintain the 5m lead the 360 had over the PS3 ever since Sony's console launched.

Of course the 360 has always benefitted from a price advantage, but if Sony's first party were as great as it's usually made out to be, then the PS3 would have passed the 360 by now.

Umm... so you're saying that Sony first party products are not as good as the last 2 gens, do I get that right? Seriously, saying that Sony games this gen are worse than usually is completely dumb, just look at games like Uncharted 2.

Btw... MS doesn't have so many third party exclusives anymore left, they'll lose them all (note: Gears 3 is not 3rd party). And MS didn't maintain the leadership over Sony because of the exclusives, it's mainly the price. Exclusives only matter a little here.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Ignore this post, something went wrong with VGC 3.0.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3