By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Possible 3DS killer up Sony's sleve??

^

is there a Digi-Rap for Digimon? And what's the slogan for Digimon? Gotta Catch 'em All is pretty catchy for Pokemon.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Yea, I kinda agree with the other people, it doesn't matter if the psp2 is twice as powerful as the 3DS, the 3DS will still massively outsell it.  It doesn't matter if the 3DS has nothing for games compared to the psp2, the psp2 will still massively outsell it.  It doesn't matter.  Kids love Nintendo, and kids love Nintendo products.  Honestly, the chinsier look to the DS is a lot more fitting for a 8 year old than the fancier design to the psp.  That alone will attract more people to the DS.  Also, for something that is just meant mostly for younger people, you really don't need that much power.  They don't need that good of graphics or more fps...

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Games. Games. Games.

I'll repeat. Games. Games. Games.

In truth, the stylus of the DS and now the 3D of the 3DS are _meaningless_.

The only thing that matters is the games and fact is the DS has more games and more of the games people wanted than the PSP. PSP struggled for a long time to even get a half decent library and still suffers from a segmented library where only some PSP games can be found on PSN.

My DS library is easily 2x my PSP library, and none of it has to do with the duel screens or the touch screen of the DS. It's because there are simply more DS games and more DS games that are worth buying. The PSP2 can turn it around and make a better showing this time, but _only_ if there is a flood of games. And I do mean a flood of games. A torrential downpour of epic proportions of games. 

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Basically when it is all said and done, Nintendo comes  out on top. It doesnt matter what Sony does.

The  end.

Gosh, I wish this thread would vanish. Sony can never beat the DS.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

The main point is that the PSP has an audience of young males, while the DS has a universal audience.

Considering that, the PSP has done pretty well.

Unless Sony start making games like CookingBoy, Quiztime or MyBarbieWorld they will never get the same sales as a DS.

They've been trying with HannaMontana etc, but its hardly been a big push.

Sony is seen as a tech mans company. Nintendo is seen as a family company.

Big difference.

Nintendo wins because of software like Mario, not the hardware.

toMsons7551 said:

Nintendo wins because of software like Mario, not the hardware.

Actually Mario and co. don't automatically guarantee Nintendo always win, but thanks to them even when defeated in HW sales they keep it profitable and healthy and ready to rise again. They are a formidable life insurance.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

PSP2 needs to be more or less an iPhone 4, minus the phone, for it to have a go at 3DS.

It will need a killer screen, a good camera, nice and updated online support. It will also need apps (perhaps android maket) and an awesome lineup of software. It needs to be fresh, it needs to break away from the PSP model that is today.