By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are Sony's 1st Party Studios Leading The Way?

leatherhat said:
dsister said:
leatherhat said:

Commercially nintendo has had the greatest success but no doubt sony has made the best first party games *cough* demons souls *cough*

From Software isn't first party

Sony funded and the game and owns the IP. If demons souls isn't first party then neither is Halo or Metroid: Other M.

Wait where is it that Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP? 

Also Bungie was owned by Microsoft at the time of Halo 1-3, what you're trying to say is something like Halo Wars is not first party cause now Ensemble is defunct, future events don't change what it is.  

Anyway Demon's Souls is a spiritual successor to King's Field a From Software game  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Quality = SOny

sales = Ninty

how it is imo

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Munkeh111 said:
CGI-Quality said:
irstupid said:
dsister said:
leatherhat said:

Commercially nintendo has had the greatest success but no doubt sony has made the best first party games *cough* demons souls *cough*

we should keep a list of all the games that people keep saying are first party and are not.  i bet more games have been listed in this topic so far that are not first party that are first party

Demon's Souls is a Sony-owned IP. It's 1st Party, just not 1st Party developed.

Then why did Sony not publish it in Europe?

They didn't publish it in America either. Each branch of Sony makes decisions on what they want to publish from the other ones. Obviously a big game like GoW or Killzone would get published by sony everywhere but for there smaller IPs like Demons souls sometimes they let it sit on the bench or they let a third party publish it. The different sony branches are pretty autonomous. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

axumblade said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL.

Don't troll topics if you don't agree with them. Or at least give reasons other than "lol."

Don't know how this is trolling. And generally, I've seen others post nothing other than "LoL" on many a thread. So don't try and single me out, and I don't need to give any other reason besides LoL. But if you want me to give a reason. Here's 1; Mario Kart has damn near outsold EVERY PS3 exclusive this gen combined. how can any one claim Sony's leading the way when this is the case? 

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
leatherhat said:
dsister said:
leatherhat said:

Sony funded and the game and owns the IP. If demons souls isn't first party then neither is Halo or Metroid: Other M.

Wait where is it that Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP? 

Also Bungie was owned by Microsoft at the time of Halo 1-3, what you're trying to say is something like Halo Wars is not first party cause now Ensemble is defunct, future events don't change what it is.  

Anyway Demon's Souls is a spiritual successor to King's Field a From Software game  

Its pretty common knowledge that sony owns Demons souls and SCEJ partnered with From to make it. As for bungie, I wasn't aware MS owned them at the time, so I guess that only applies to halo reach. And yes demons souls is the spiritual successor to kings field (great games by the way) but I don't see how that would effect sonys ownership of Demons souls. 

Time for hype

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
axumblade said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL.

Don't troll topics if you don't agree with them. Or at least give reasons other than "lol."

Don't know how this is trolling. And generally, I've seen others post nothing other than "LoL" on many a thread. So don't try and single me out, and I don't need to give any other reason besides LoL. But if you want me to give a reason. Here's 1; Mario Kart has damn near outsold EVERY PS3 exclusive this gen. how can any one claim Sony's leading the way when this is the case? 

because mario kart is a kiddy game adn not their tastes, duh

don't you know that people own personal tastes and elitism overtrumps any factual evidence

Arius Dion said:
axumblade said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL.

Don't know how this is trolling. And generally, I've seen others post nothing other than "LoL" on many a thread. So don't try and single me out, and I don't need to give any other reason besides LoL. But if you want me to give a reason. Here's 1; Mario Kart has damn near outsold EVERY PS3 exclusive this gen combined. how can any one claim Sony's leading the way when this is the case? 

I believe they're discussing quality here, so sales aren't really a factor.

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Arius Dion said:
axumblade said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL.

I believe they're discussing quality here, so sales aren't really a factor.

Lame. as quality is all a matter of perspective. Sales is fact.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

As far as pure cinematic spectacle, I agree.  God of War 3 is fantastic (even if the voice acting is inconsistent IMO), but Uncharted 2 is especially well done.  Not only is it beautiful and incredibly polished, but it really does blur the line between games and movies with outstanding scene direction, set pieces and phenomenal voice acting.

Arius Dion said:
axumblade said:
Arius Dion said:

LoL.

Because sales were not the context of the article you didn't take the time to read.