By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People who are planning on buying the 3DS

People who are planning on buying the 3DS

Buying a 3DS and own a DS 139 59.91%

Buying a 3DS and own a PSP (not a DS) 16 6.90%

Buying a 3DS and own both handhelds 50 21.55%

Buying a 3DS and own no handhelds 27 11.64%

Total:232

I was interested in the type of people that were planning on buying the Nintendo 3DS either immediately when it's released, or a bit later on. I want to find out if the new console will appeal to people who don't currently own DSes, or whether the overwhelming majority of 3DS users will be DS users looking for an upgrade.

I felt that Nintendo may have tapped a little into the PSP market, and I wanted to see if this was the case at all. By knowing this information, we can make a more accurate estimate on how many units the 3DS will sell.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my poll :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

"Buying a 3DS and own both handhelds"

I own a DS and will be buying 3DS.  All the games announced for it will make 3DS take off like a rocket.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Interesting poll. Good way to make guesstimations.

At this pont: 8 DS, 2 Both.... not good... :/

I own no handhelds at this moment. Considering getting a 3DS, but really holding out for more information on the PSP2. I may get a 3DS for my girlfriend and then bully her into getting me a PSP2.

Around the Network

I'm buying one and own 2 DSs, a DS lite and XL.

I would wait for the ocasional 3DS lite, but because of two reasons I won't

1 - It's already cool designed - the DS phat was ugly to me, even at launch.

2 - I can't wait! Game library and system all look incredible.

Of course i will, and i own both handheld :)

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

First one for sure.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
radishhead said:

I was interested in the type of people that were planning on buying the Nintendo 3DS either immediately when it's released, or a bit later on. I want to find out if the new console will appeal to people who don't currently own DSes, or whether the overwhelming majority of 3DS users will be DS users looking for an upgrade.

I felt that Nintendo may have tapped a little into the PSP market, and I wanted to see if this was the case at all. By knowing this information, we can make a more accurate estimate on how many units the 3DS will sell.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my poll :)

All the people I know that own a PsP would never in a life time be on this web site.

I think many DS owners are though. =/

Im not sure you can get the info your looking for with this. My opinion is you can't

own Both handhelds, buying 3DS.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords