By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

With the recent launch of the slim and Kinect coming up, 360 will see massive sales this holiday...more than the PS3 by a very large margin, increasing the gap again.

The gap is too big and the 360 will always be popular in America, no matter what price the PS3 is. 

Its obvious that the 149$ clearance sale arcade also has had a big impact in these sales.

It's time to admit that the 360s release is not that impressive considering the ps3s was more expensive(by $100) and managed to sell 500k consoles in one week, the damage control on here is out of hand, seriously...

Even if x360 sell loads in europe to make up for this when it releases, and the amount of all three markets add up to more than 500k than that is to be expected, but it should be a huge increase on ps3s sales considering the price difference...

I would not lose faith in PS3, we have GT5, that will work miracles in Europe alone, have faith...

First off, the 360S and the PS3 slim both launched at the same price of $300.

To the last part, I gave up on video game based religions a long time ago... I suggest you do the same.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

With the recent launch of the slim and Kinect coming up, 360 will see massive sales this holiday...more than the PS3 by a very large margin, increasing the gap again.

The gap is too big and the 360 will always be popular in America, no matter what price the PS3 is. 

Its obvious that the 149$ clearance sale arcade also has had a big impact in these sales.

It's time to admit that the 360s release is not that impressive considering the ps3s was more expensive(by $100) and managed to sell 500k consoles in one week, the damage control on here is out of hand, seriously...

Even if x360 sell loads in europe to make up for this when it releases, and the amount of all three markets add up to more than 500k than that is to be expected, but it should be a huge increase on ps3s sales considering the price difference...

I would not lose faith in PS3, we have GT5, that will work miracles in Europe alone, have faith...

To the last part, I gave up on video game based religions a long time ago... I suggest you do the same.

oh wait i got confused , still it should at least sell the same amounts then being the same price, that makes it even worse

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

steverhcp02 said:

I say thsi with confidence only because of the strength of EU and Japan combined with the fact the PS3 still has price cut boosts left.....

5 million Japanese consoles sold in 4 years isn't exactly what I'd call "strength".  It's what I'd call "Nintendo 64".

jneul said:
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

oh wait i got confused , still it should at least sell the same amounts then being the same price, that makes it even worse

Why? The PS3 Slim came with a $100 price cut, the 360S has no price cut over the old SKUs.  It also launched in less than a week after it was announced while the PS3 Slim had a full month or 2 to build up a good supply before launch.  Just wait until the demand can actually be met and the 360S is available world wide.

jneul said:
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

no they did not x360 slim is $199!!! even the adverts say so!!  maybe you are getting confused....

No you are...http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78107

Former something....

Around the Network

Meh, I really don't care personally if it doesn't beat the 360 in sales in NA....As long as there's enough sales for them to continue selling the systems here, and the next ones...The sales abroad are still impressive for the Ps3, all things considered and the rickety start, so i'll move on with my life perfectly fine if Microsoft happens to have more overall sales in NA....(Even if 1/2 of those units are probably broken and out of service due to red rings...)

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

nightsurge said:
jneul said:
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Why? The PS3 Slim came with a $100 price cut, the 360S has no price cut over the old SKUs.  It also launched in less than a week after it was announced while the PS3 Slim had a full month or 2 to build up a good supply before launch.  Just wait until the demand can actually be met and the 360S is available world wide.

I ment it should be selling the same amount as ps3 slim release at least, if not more, it needs lots of sales in the EU to achieve this!!

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Vanbierk said:

Meh, I really don't care personally if it doesn't beat the 360 in sales in NA....As long as there's enough sales for them to continue selling the systems here, and the next ones...The sales abroad are still impressive for the Ps3, all things considered and the rickety start, so i'll move on with my life perfectly fine if Microsoft happens to have more overall sales in NA....(Even if 1/2 of those units are probably broken and out of service due to red rings...)

We are talking WW sales.

And enjoy your ban.

jneul said:
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
nightsurge said:
jneul said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

I ment it should be selling the same amount as ps3 slim release at least, if not more, it needs lots of sales in the EU to achieve this!!

But why?  The 360S has no price cut involved where the PS3 Slim had a $100 cut.  The 360S also has not had anywhere near the same amount of supply available as PS3 Slim launch did.

I can't wait to start a crow eating thread when GT5 get's ps3 to sell in huge amounts again....

PS VITA = LIFE