By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (6/25)

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:

These aren't VGC 1st day leaks, they're (supposedly) Famitsu.  We're still waiting on the real numbers from them.

Any way you slice it though "80k max" was dead wrong, according to everyone so far (VGC 87k, MC 93k, Denegeki 95k).  I doubt Fami will be any different, and like the other JP trackers will likely have the figure closer to 100k than not. ;)

closer to 100k is a different thing but i was confronting people who said it would go above it.

No one said it would go above it even, people speculated it possibly could and your response was "80k max".  The only person yet proven 100% wrong in this thread is you, 3 times over (87k VGC, 93k MC, 95k DK).

one person said it would go above 100k

i agree 80k max was wrong but i really meant was around it.sorry for it

I just reviewed the thread, didn't see it.  Who "said it would go over 100k"?

do it again,you will find a guy saying it will likely go above 100k

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

but the final numbers of the week that we discuss is VGC numbers.all other numbers are always higher or lower

i would have respected the over 100k sales for the week if the shipment was 120k or something like that but they were only 100k,even if the weekend shiment came in the sales would most probably be lower than 100k

So the threads about Famitsu, Media Create and others don't exist? They aren't news articles from THIS site from those publications? That is the lamest excuse I have ever seen. We discuss all numbers on this site.

i ain't discarding them

i meant that the final numbers of first week of MHFO on VGC would be around 80k,the "max" wasn't what i meant.i just typed it agressively and i apologize for it.

but the over 100k prediction was what i was against

Solid_Snake4RD said:

i ain't discarding them

i meant that the final numbers of first week of MHFO on VGC would be around 80k,the "max" wasn't what i meant.i just typed it agressively and i apologize for it.

Over 100k was not a bad prediction. You are revising what you said and still yours was less accurate over all based on the numbers presented. It was an optimistic one that had a good chance of being wrong, but not nearly out of the realm of possibilities which yours absolutely was.

You might notice I keep harping on your prediction. This is because people shouldn't try to bash predictions that are better than theirs. It reeks of jealousy and fanboyism typically. Whether or not that is the case here I don't know nor will I speculate. You are attacking someone who had a better grasp of the numbers than you did however.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

i ain't discarding them

Over 100k was not a bad prediction. You are revising what you said and still yours was less accurate over all based on the numbers presented. It was an optimistic one that had a good chance of being wrong, but not nearly out of the realm of possibilities which yours absolutely was.

no it wasn't a good prediction and it was more than optimistic. and anyways i was just debating with that guy that it will be difficult

You might notice I keep harping on your prediction. This is because people shouldn't try to bash predictions that are better than theirs. It reeks of jealousy and fanboyism typically.

how does it reek fanboyism,.you saying i am a fanboy of my prediction....lol

it can show jealously but i didn't mean that either

Whether or not that is the case here I don't know nor will I speculate. You are attacking someone who had a better grasp of the numbers than you did however.

I wasn't attacking.just debating.you came and started attacking me

Can you just type you responses? The quoting in quotes just makes a thread unreadable, and is a pain in the ass to work with.

I have not called you a fanboy, or anything of that nature. I was speculating on typical reasons behind this. And yes, the 100k was a better prediction. VGChartz is only accurate within 15%. 15% on top of 87k is 100k. So the top end of realistic sales is just over 100k, where as your prediction of 80k max is clearly completely, and irrefutably wrong.

If I attacked you then you would know as I would be banned already. I called you out on your terrible prediction, and attack on a somewhat realistic possibility.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:

Can you just type you responses? The quoting in quotes just makes a thread unreadable, and is a pain in the ass to work with.

i just reply to your different comments individually and i separate them so what is unbearable.anyways i will do it from next time

I have not called you a fanboy, or anything of that nature. I was speculating on typical reasons behind this. And yes, the 100k was a better prediction. VGChartz is only accurate within 15%. 15% on top of 87k is 100k. So the top end of realistic sales is just over 100k, where as your prediction of 80k max is clearly completely, and irrefutably wrong.

yes you didn't call be a fanboy but how was my prediction fanboyism that what i was asking

i know VGC is not fully accurate but we predict the numbers on VGC data.we take an idea from FAMITSU,NPD,GFK,etc but here we discuss for the final numbers of VGC and that is what i has in mind.Famitsu,mediacrate,etc always have numbers over or below VGC's average numbers so i take them unless they come from developer themselves

i have told you and apologized for it that my "80k max" was aggressiveness but what i meant was that it will land near it

and no 100k was not a better prediction as he said it would go over it and my 80k prediction is nearer

If I attacked you then you would know as I would be banned already. I called you out on your terrible prediction, and attack on a somewhat realistic possibility.

i would have to report it before you get banned which i didn't.

and i only accused you of attacking me as you were accusing me of attacking someones else

what i meant was that i and that other guy were having a discussion and intervened but you didn't really understand that i wasn't attacking him but only discussing

Your prediction was 80k max. Regardless of it being a mistake, or not thats what it was. I am getting tired of typing this out though. VGchartz is only accurate to within 15%. This is the official stance. 15% over 87k is 100.05k or over 100k. That is to say it is entirely possible that the game actually did sell over 100k but the margin of error missed it. Further VGC represents the lowest of the sales numbers so far. The average between all of them is roughly 92k which is much closer to possibly breaking 100k than it is to 80k max.

The reason predictions like your can be seen as fanboyism is because you intentionally low balled it by quite a lot while simultaneously downplaying a realistic prediction. Breaking 100k wouldn't have even been shocking given the first day numbers. I put it out there as I cannot fathom why someone would try to claim otherwise. Japan sales 101 says you get a 50% boost over first day for a MH type game.

Beyond that though, no one actual predicted over 100k. To quote "MHF has a pretty decent sell through, can it top 100k?" Your entire argument has revolved around mis-characterizing the other side. It is sad to see someone have to go resort to such underhanded and deceptive tactics to make an imaginary point.

Gnizmo said:

Your prediction was 80k max. Regardless of it being a mistake, or not thats what it was. I am getting tired of typing this out though. VGchartz is only accurate to within 15%

we make the prediction on VGC numbers and not Famitsu,if you want to do that then go to neogaf

This is the official stance. 15% over 87k is 100.05k or over 100k.

now you are just simply bullshiting

That is to say it is entirely possible that the game actually did sell over 100k but the margin of error missed it.

no it didn't

and you are now saying that VGC made an error and so did other famitsu,mediacrate,etc and it can be over 100k...............lmao

Further VGC represents the lowest of the sales numbers so far. The average between all of them is roughly 92k which is much closer to possibly breaking 100k than it is to 80k max.

again follow VGC here and not others.

that ways VGC is wrong for many things but we still take VGC numbers

The reason predictions like your can be seen as fanboyism is because you intentionally low balled it by quite a lot while simultaneously downplaying a realistic prediction.

how the heel is it intentionally low.again you are bullshiting and this is what i called attcking as you intervene in somebody's discussion and then bullshit

Breaking 100k wouldn't have even been shocking given the first day numbers.

it wouldn't but it most likely wouldn't do that numbers.Capcm didn't expect it either

I put it out there as I cannot fathom why someone would try to claim otherwise. Japan sales 101 says you get a 50% boost over first day for a MH type game.

Japan sales 101.........................................LOL

you whould wite a book named that,we will make a prediction on its sales

50% boost on MH games that you talk about are also on PSP,wii platforms.so not comparable

Beyond that though, no one actual predicted over 100k. To quote "MHF has a pretty decent sell through, can it top 100k?"

and i was discussing and you intervened

Your entire argument has revolved around mis-characterizing the other side. It is sad to see someone have to go resort to such underhanded and deceptive tactics to make an imaginary point.

Deceptive.............................rofl

Yes it is within a margin of error of 15%. Do you want me to get ioi or Thesource to confirm this? Its all over the place. The concept of following VGC numbers and not others is also just stupid. This thread right here is based on non-VGC numbers. Trying to claim anything else is not only dishonest, its just not smart.

The MH numbers I am quoting are also not based on the PSP. They are based on Japanese sales trends that you obviously have no clue about. Most core games sell 66% of their first week numbers on day one. This is true regardless of platform. The only exceptions are those that go on to double their first day sales. These are games like New Super Mario Bros that have long legs and "casual" appeal. Again, Japan sales 101, not rocket science. I am amazed anyone would dare talk about this without understanding the absolute basics.

My "intervention" was talking about a point on a message board. You want a private conversation then use private messages. There also was no discussion with the person. They asked a question. You answered it incorrectly, and people pointed out you were wrong. In the middle of it you made the most laughable prediction of the thread.

Gnizmo said:

Yes it is within a margin of error of 15%. Do you want me to get ioi or Thesource to confirm this?

do you don't get anything and just revert back to your own saying.

that 15% margin of error can be and cannot be there.they just lay it out to say that the numbers aren't perfect

and our predictions are based upon it and we take the VGC numbers with that error or not but we don't know how much error is there

Its all over the place. The concept of following VGC numbers and not others is also just stupid.

we aren't discarding other but overall numbers are taken of VGC.the other numbers from Famitsu,mediacrate numbers that come early are just taken to predict what numbers VGC will have

This thread right here is based on non-VGC numbers. Trying to claim anything else is not only dishonest, its just not smart.

the thread is baed upon non-VGC numbers but only the first day numbers

the overall week numbers that we were discussing were of VGC and not other

maybe next time you should mind your things and not intervene in other discussion as you don't know what we are talking about

The MH numbers I am quoting are also not based on the PSP. They are based on Japanese sales trends that you obviously have no clue about. Most core games sell 66% of their first week numbers on day one. This is true regardless of platform.

most games do more than 66% first day and some don't but we are discussing 360 MHFO here

The only exceptions are those that go on to double their first day sales. These are games like New Super Mario Bros that have long legs and "casual" appeal. Again, Japan sales 101, not rocket science. I am amazed anyone would dare talk about this without understanding the absolute basics.

LOL................................JAPAN sales 101 by rocket scientist

again that 'rocket science statment is so CLICHE.it sounds like you are trying be be COOL by saying that..........rofl

My "intervention" was talking about a point on a message board.

it was actually more than a point.when the other person apologizes and agree that his comment was agressive than its done.but you are trying to prove that everyone else is wrong

You want a private conversation then use private messages.

i was discussing it with a particular guy quoting him and what i meant was completely different which you didn't understand even after me explaining you..................................so that says something about you

There also was no discussion with the person. They asked a question. You answered it incorrectly, and people pointed out you were wrong.

AND I CLEARED IT

In the middle of it you made the most laughable prediction of the thread.

and i cleared it again to what i meant