By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First Day Sales in Japan (6/25)

@Solidsnake

Again, I said typically. You are also misrepresenting the percentages grossly. 66% of the sales will be first day, and 33% the rest of the week. As you can tell 33% is half of 66% so you get a 50% increase over day one. The percentages are off a few points, but hardly earth shattering. You have yet to produce where I said anything about 60% though. That is just a flat out lie, and bordering on spam at this point.

And as Jarrod pointed out you didn't predict approximately 80k. You predicted no more than 80k, and we have reports of substantially more. 87k represents the lowest end of potential sales currently and it is higher than you top end. the average so far is over 90k.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
jarrod said:

These aren't VGC 1st day leaks, they're (supposedly) Famitsu.  We're still waiting on the real numbers from them.

Any way you slice it though "80k max" was dead wrong, according to everyone so far (VGC 87k, MC 93k, Denegeki 95k).  I doubt Fami will be any different, and like the other JP trackers will likely have the figure closer to 100k than not. ;)

closer to 100k is a different thing but i was confronting people who said it would go above it.

Gnizmo said:

@Solidsnake

Again, I said typically. You are also misrepresenting the percentages grossly. 66% of the sales will be first day, and 33% the rest of the week. As you can tell 33% is half of 66% so you get a 50% increase over day one.

agree but be more clear next time

The percentages are off a few points, but hardly earth shattering. You have yet to produce where I said anything about 60% though. That is just a flat out lie, and bordering on spam at this point.

you weren't clear so i misunderstood  in the above 50% of 66% is 33% thing

And as Jarrod pointed out you didn't predict approximately 80k. You predicted no more than 80k, and we have reports of substantially more. 87k represents the lowest end of potential sales currently and it is higher than you top end. the average so far is over 90k.

87k is VGC and thats what we follow.i am alrite with it being under 100k but not people saying over 100k

@Snake
No what we follow is the truth. If we only followed VGChartz numbers when we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Also VGChartz claims only accuracy within 15% of the numbers. If it sold 15% more it would be 100.5k first week. I reiterate for the umpteenth time, it was realistic to hope for it to squeak just past 100k first week based on the early data. Your prediction was pure rubbish.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:

These aren't VGC 1st day leaks, they're (supposedly) Famitsu.  We're still waiting on the real numbers from them.

Any way you slice it though "80k max" was dead wrong, according to everyone so far (VGC 87k, MC 93k, Denegeki 95k).  I doubt Fami will be any different, and like the other JP trackers will likely have the figure closer to 100k than not. ;)

closer to 100k is a different thing but i was confronting people who said it would go above it.

No one said it would go above it even, people speculated it possibly could and your response was "80k max".  The only person yet proven 100% wrong in this thread is you, 3 times over (87k VGC, 93k MC, 95k DK).

Around the Network

What "we follow" is irrelevant anyway.  These figures you were extrapolating from were a Famitsu leak, trying to then default to a different tracker while ignoring all others to try and support the 100% wrong statement you made (and 87k in no way, shape or form even supports "80k max" if you want to go down that road) is just illogical, deceitful and comes off as a bit pathetic.  But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures...

Gnizmo said:

@Snake
No what we follow is the truth. If we only followed VGChartz numbers when we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Also VGChartz claims only accuracy within 15% of the numbers. If it sold 15% more it would be 100.5k first week. I reiterate for the umpteenth time, it was realistic to hope for it to squeak just past 100k first week based on the early data. Your prediction was pure rubbish.

but the final numbers of the week that we discuss is VGC numbers.all other numbers are always higher or lower

i would have respected the over 100k sales for the week if the shipment was 120k or something like that but they were only 100k,even if the weekend shiment came in the sales would most probably be lower than 100k

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:

No one said it would go above it even, people speculated it possibly could and your response was "80k max".  The only person yet proven 100% wrong in this thread is you, 3 times over (87k VGC, 93k MC, 95k DK).

one person said it would go above 100k

i agree 80k max was wrong but i really meant was around it.sorry for it

Solid_Snake4RD said:

but the final numbers of the week that we discuss is VGC numbers.all other numbers are always higher or lower

i would have respected the over 100k sales for the week if the shipment was 120k or something like that but they were only 100k,even if the weekend shiment came in the sales would most probably be lower than 100k

So the threads about Famitsu, Media Create and others don't exist? They aren't news articles from THIS site from those publications? That is the lamest excuse I have ever seen. We discuss all numbers on this site.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:

one person said it would go above 100k

i agree 80k max was wrong but i really meant was around it.sorry for it

I just reviewed the thread, didn't see it.  Who "said it would go over 100k"?