By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: Milo is a tech demo, not planned for release

JaggedSac said:
aragod said:
JaggedSac said:

What Milo promised was deeper immersion in games due to the ability to interact with the game via a natural user interface, ie the body, voice, and face.  From what I have read about Kinectimals, it utilizes all of these concepts.

Yes, so does the ballon game where you knock down the bricks... waggle your body, do headbutt and call BALL for a new ball. Groundbreaking concepts.

Advanced AI that interacts with you and should represent a real human doesn't equal Nintendog. Nintendog's have all the features that were shown for Kinectimals, and more. That's no way near to what was promised in that fake Milo demo.

The concepts in Milo were actually quite simple.  You guys were reading far to into it.  Pete has stated on many occasions that he wasn't creating the most advanced AI ever created.  He was creating something that seemed like the most advanced AI ever created, using tricks.  The animals in Kinectimals will recognize your face, voice, and will interact with you via your body.  These are all things that the Milo tech demonstrated.  The only difference here is the idea of having a conversation.

And I am unfamiliar with Nintendogs, what features are you saying are not here

that couldn't possibly be what everyone is upset about though. It's not like it was the part of the tech that separated stonge-age man from the modern physicist. I think, more likely, people are impressed by it knowing where your hands are and if you are on screen or not. Nobody wants to have a conversation with a game.

Around the Network
Farmageddon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

my second para was questioning why they even made it and most of all wasted time at E3?

whatever peter said to the E3 demoees last year but everyone wo got the demo was bahing NATAL and MILO

IGN said that it was all not true AND that tech didn't work according neither was MILO but MS told them it will develop over time

Why they made it? Maybe because they believe people will like it? Or because Molyneux is "obsessed" with making you bond with an AI? I mean, he has this vision, and he thinks people will like it, so why wouldn't he make it?

just people liking it doesn't matter when people watch E3 to know what upcoming and if PETER MOLYNEUX likes it then he should keep it to himself or present it somewhere else

And it was used at E3 to generate more hype for Natal as well as show the game off.

so you agree they did it for duping us

Also, they had only had 2 months with Natal by then, so it's obvious the thing wouldn't be very polished.

even if the thing was not poish then why demo it,people said it didn't work atall

So, yeah. But Milo has been "reannounced" (or un-canned), so you really have no point in saying they realized they couldn't make it or anything like that.

they could be making something off it but so could all other companies but GREENBERG's comment show how much he bullshits

Solid_Snake4RD said:

just people liking it doesn't matter when people watch E3 to know what upcoming and if PETER MOLYNEUX likes it then he should keep it to himself or present it somewhere else

But it IS upcoming. Do you get it? The "cancelling" of the tittle was just a missunderstanding, o more than that. And why should he keep it to himself? He has a project that can capture peoples imagination and help sell a device. And that he plans to sell. How can keeping it to himself work for his advantage?

so you agree they did it for duping us

Please, everything shown at E3 is meant to generate hype. My answered could be read as "For the same reason every thing else is shown at E3" withouth really changing it's meaning. That's nothing wrong with doing that. No shady tactic or anything. So no, I don't.

even if the thing was not poish then why demo it,people said it didn't work atall

Because it was good enough to show what people could expect. And people, in general, didn't say that. Take the IGN impression you referred to earlier. The guy actually said that even if the thing obviously still had a long way to go, it was impressive, exciting, had a lot of potential, and actually worked well when they used it how it was supposed to. How is that trashing it and saying it doesn't work at all. My God, you sound so incredbly biased sometimes it's hard to believe.

Also, it's normal to show off alpha builds of games. Hell, some companies will show videos when there's not even any game to be shown yet. Why don't you trash SE for showing something that's not even the real game years before releasing it, for instance?

they could be making something off it but so could all other companies but GREENBERG's comment show how much he bullshits

Of course that's what you'd like to believe. His initial quote wasn't that specific to begin with.

I mean, look at what the guy said:

“And obviously [Milo] is a technology demo that continues to exist, but right now it’s not a game that we’re planning to bring to market.”

Is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, it was an honest mistake? Really? Why? Because you "want them to fail" so bad, as you mentioned yourself earlier?

Really, why can't you drop it and let them be? :)

Well now im pissed.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Farmageddon said:

But it IS upcoming. Do you get it? The "cancelling" of the tittle was just a missunderstanding, o more than that. And why should he keep it to himself? He has a project that can capture peoples imagination and help sell a device. And that he plans to sell. How can keeping it to himself work for his advantage?

the upcoming thing will not be what was promised what was meant from AARON greenberg

and he should keep it to himself when what he promised wasn't true and trying to sell on that basis isn't right

Please, everything shown at E3 is meant to generate hype. My answered could be read as "For the same reason every thing else is shown at E3" withouth really changing it's meaning. That's nothing wrong with doing that. No shady tactic or anything. So no, I don't.

so you think MILO was a dope and just to sell KINECT and thats what i am saying

many things are shown which don't come out to be true but that is because of some cancellations and other stuff

not show an advanced AI and then just remove the basic thing of it

Also, it's normal to show off alpha builds of games.Hell, some companies will show videos when there's not even any game to be shown yet. Why don't you trash SE for showing something that's not even the real game years before releasing it, for instance?

yes but they don't show demos of it and achieve the goal later on

Is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, it was an honest mistake? Really? Why? Because you "want them to fail" so bad, as you mentioned yourself earlier?

understanding reality doesn't mean i want them to fail.if you wanted them to succeed then it doesn't mean they will surely succeed

let them be what

Around the Network

So who am I to believe now?

Greenburg or Molyneux?

Greenburg now says it was just a tech demo and Molyneux said during E3 that Milo is 10x better than last year (which I don't believe)... So Molyneux is just hyping up a tech demo which isn't gonna be released?

Me personally I just don't get the point of Milo. Why the fuck would I want to talk to some virtual kid? I've got plenty of people and friends to talk to one on one and why should I be spending time talking to some virtual kid on the Xbox when clearly I could be playing Halo or Gears of War? I find it sad really... It's just IMO!

so MS did what square-enix with that FFVII PS3 tech demo.(except my world didn't shatter)

arcane_chaos said:

so MS did what square-enix with that FFVII PS3 tech demo.(except my world didn't shatter)

no MS didn';t do what Square Enix did as SQ immediately responded that it was a tech demo from the getgo

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Farmageddon said:

the upcoming thing will not be what was promised what was meant from AARON greenberg

and he should keep it to himself when what he promised wasn't true and trying to sell on that basis isn't right

so you think MILO was a dope and just to sell KINECT and thats what i am saying

many things are shown which don't come out to be true but that is because of some cancellations and other stuff

not show an advanced AI and then just remove the basic thing of it

Also, it's normal to show off alpha builds of games.Hell, some companies will show videos when there's not even any game to be shown yet. Why don't you trash SE for showing something that's not even the real game years before releasing it, for instance?

yes but they don't show demos of it and achieve the goal later on

understanding reality doesn't mean i want them to fail.if you wanted them to succeed then it doesn't mean they will surely succeed

let them be what

look, most of your points seem to revevolve around the notion that they were simply lying and that they didn't have anything near what they showed at that E3. Well, that's a missconception, as the article by the IGN guy you referred to yourself points out.

So no, it wasn't a dope, yes, it is what was promised .

You are the one who got it all wrong thinking the thing would be something it obviously couldn't be, while Peter stated quite a few times it wasn't. And now your basing everything n your prior erroneous assumption.

Farmageddon said:

look, most of your points seem to revevolve around the notion that they were simply lying and that they didn't have anything near what they showed at that E3. Well, that's a missconception, as the article by the IGN guy you referred to yourself points out.

ign guy didn'ty refer to the AI

So no, it wasn't a dope, yes, it is what was promised .

no its not as that AI isn't achievable without MS going bankrupt and more

You are the one who got it all wrong thinking the thing would be something it obviously couldn't be, while Peter stated quite a few times it wasn't. And now your basing everything n your prior erroneous assumption.

not my assumptions but what they showed

and Kinteimals doesn't use MILO tech FYI