By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: Milo is a tech demo, not planned for release

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Farmageddon said:

ign guy didn'ty refer to the AI

He was the one to actually talk to the thing, so yes, he did. And said it worked when he stopped being stubborn.

no its not as that AI isn't achievable without MS going bankrupt and more

Lol, again, that's just your mistaken expectation talking, and that's the main point here, you've simply misread what was being offered. You weren't the only one, and that's why Peter himself took various oportunities to make clear what to expect.

not my assumptions but what they showed

What did they show? A bit of interaction with an AI. Did they ever say the thing could recognize every word and have a conversation as well as a human? No, they didn't. They said you could interact with it in ways that were never possible on videogames before. The way you put it it sounds like he said the thing had a conscience or something.

and Kinteimals doesn't use MILO tech FYI

Some say it is, some say it isn't, I never said anything about it. So why do you bring it up?

Anyway. You have to admit you simply had a higher expectation than you should. It happens all the time when talking about videogames, and it just happen to you. This in the central point here and we've been just dancing around it instead of addressing it properly. So unless the next answer brings an actual development on this point, I'll just give up here, for we'll never get nowhere.

Around the Network

Farmageddon said:

He was the one to actually talk to the thing, so yes, he did. And said it worked when he stopped being stubborn.

REALLY DID IT ANSWER thing like he did in the video,no it didn't

the expresion tech would be just like Nintendogs and eyepet kind tech

Lol, again, that's just your mistaken expectation talking, and that's the main point here, you've simply misread what was being offered. You weren't the only one, and that's why Peter himself took various oportunities to make clear what to expect.

i am not expecting anything so stop saying that

also if what he showed wasn't the idea then what was?

What did they show? A bit of interaction with an AI. Did they ever say the thing could recognize every word and have a conversation as well as a human? No, they didn't. They said you could interact with it in ways that were never possible on videogames before. The way you put it it sounds like he said the thing had a conscience or something.

they said the word that a 15 years old would know

you just can't fool anybody into having a conversation,they can't cover all the conversation a 15 year old would have or even a normal conversation about things

Some say it is, some say it isn't, I never said anything about it. So why do you bring it up?

you specifically were pushing this on me 2-3 pages ago.now don't run away from it

KINECTIMALS dev cleared it last week that they weren't using any MILO tech

Anyway. You have to admit you simply had a higher expectation than you should.

again i didn't have any expectations.

even if we say if makes you feel like you are having a conversation,even that would jsut not be possible

It happens all the time when talking about videogames, and it just happen to you. This in the central point here and we've been just dancing around it instead of addressing it properly. So unless the next answer brings an actual development on this point, I'll just give up here, for we'll never get nowhere.

actual development?.......................lol

if you want development tell me what was that PETER wants to bring out of this game and what do you expect?

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Farmageddon said:

REALLY DID IT ANSWER thing like he did in the video,no it didn't

the expresion tech would be just like Nintendogs and eyepet kind tech

i am not expecting anything so stop saying that

also if what he showed wasn't the idea then what was?

they said the word that a 15 years old would know

you just can't fool anybody into having a conversation,they can't cover all the conversation a 15 year old would have or even a normal conversation about things

you specifically were pushing this on me 2-3 pages ago.now don't run away from it

KINECTIMALS dev cleared it last week that they weren't using any MILO tech

Anyway. You have to admit you simply had a higher expectation than you should.

again i didn't have any expectations.

even if we say if makes you feel like you are having a conversation,even that would jsut not be possible

It happens all the time when talking about videogames, and it just happen to you. This in the central point here and we've been just dancing around it instead of addressing it properly. So unless the next answer brings an actual development on this point, I'll just give up here, for we'll never get nowhere.

actual development?.......................lol

if you want development tell me what was that PETER wants to bring out of this game and what do you expect?

I don't remember they saying it was capable of conversation as an actual 15 years old is. Ando no, I've never even mentioned Kinectimals on this thread before this last post, you must have taken someone else to be me.

And by your expectation I what you read the demo as promising, or what you though they wanted you to expect the final product to be like.

This'll be like an advanced chatterbox which can read more than just your text, using some visual and audio cues that chatterboxes have no acces to in it's favor. I expect that if you try to understand and work with it, you'll be able to have results as good as those "Clair" had. I also believe it's obvious that if all you want to do is break it and make it look bad, that'll be rather easy to do.

Farmageddon said:

I don't remember they saying it was capable of conversation as an actual 15 years old is.

they said MILO will have a memory and act like a 15 years old.not older than that

Ando no, I've never even mentioned Kinectimals on this thread before this last post, you must have taken someone else to be me.

it was you.are you playing games with me?trying to confuse me?

i remember 'F' starting name and bart picture guy saying that

And by your expectation I what you read the demo as promising, or what you though they wanted you to expect the final product to be like.

yes but will the final product be that good?-no

This'll be like an advanced chatterbox which can read more than just your text, using some visual and audio cues that chatterboxes have no acces to in it's favor. I expect that if you try to understand and work with it, you'll be able to have results as good as those "Clair" had. I also believe it's obvious that if all you want to do is break it and make it look bad, that'll be rather easy to do.

you can mke out whether it is an advanced chatterox or not

the MILO they showed was much more

it its like advanced chatterbox then it will fail BIG TIME

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Farmageddon said:

they said MILO will have a memory and act like a 15 years old.not older than that

When did they say that? Not in their E3 presentation.

it was you.are you playing games with me?trying to confuse me?

No, I really didn't say any of that. Please, go back and look for it if you don't trust me.

you can mke out whether it is an advanced chatterox or not

the MILO they showed was much more

Not to me it didn't look like it would be "much more". Not in the sense you're implying. What they showed was an advanced chatterbox with a few extra "gimmicks", if you will, that was being played with in a "cooperative manner" as I said earlier. That's what I saw, and I'm not the only one who saw that. And I believe that's what it is, and it is in this sense that I believe you (and many others, I give you that) misread what was being shown, what was being promised. And again, I think this is the central point in this argument.

Around the Network

Farmageddon said:

When did they say that? Not in their E3 presentation.

it was at E3 last year.i don't remember when but it was at E3 surely.they said MILO would have knowledge that a 15 years old has

No, I really didn't say any of that. Please, go back and look for it if you don't trust me.

it was yo,you said that KINECTIMALS tech was from MILO.It was a week ago or some days ago

Not to me it didn't look like it would be "much more". Not in the sense you're implying. What they showed was an advanced chatterbox with a few extra "gimmicks", if you will, that was being played with in a "cooperative manner" as I said earlier. That's what I saw, and I'm not the only one who saw that. And I believe that's what it is, and it is in this sense that I believe you (and many others, I give you that) misread what was being shown, what was beingpromised. And again, I think this is the central point in this argument.

whatwas seen was way smoother

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Farmageddon said:

it was at E3 last year.i don't remember when but it was at E3 surely.they said MILO would have knowledge that a 15 years old has

I just looked at their E3 segment on Milo and it's not there.

it was yo,you said that KINECTIMALS tech was from MILO.It was a week ago or some days ago

IT WASN'T ME. Really, you either quote me saying that/show what post it was in, or admit I didn't say it. Look, just hold ctrl F and search for the words. Do it. Either do it or stop saying I said that.

whatwas seen was way smoother

Again, we interpreted what we were seeing in different ways. My way makes sense with what was said. Your doesn't. So yeah, you can either believe the more convoluted explanation that they were laying and only later on realized they could never achieve that and that my take on it is just a coincidence, or you accept the much simpler explanation that you missjudged what you saw. At least that's how I see it.

Farmageddon said:

I just looked at their E3 segment on Milo and it's not there.

not this year last year.it will be hard to find old links.you can still try

IT WASN'T ME. Really, you either quote me saying that/show what post it was in, or admit I didn't say it. Look, just hold ctrl F and search for the words. Do it. Either do it or stop saying I said that.

alright i take it.it could be because you and i are the only one discussing this topic for the last couple of days so i could have been confused

Again, we interpreted what we were seeing in different ways. My way makes sense with what was said. Your doesn't. So yeah, you can either believe the more convoluted explanation that they were laying and only later on realized they could never achieve that and that my take on it is just a coincidence, or you accept the much simpler explanation that you missjudged what you saw. At least that's how I see it.

i just don't know what other angle could have people looked it at

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Farmageddon said:

not this year last year.it will be hard to find old links.you can still try

Was Milo even there this year? I was talking about 2009 too.

i just don't know what other angle could have people looked it at

The one I described. maybe?

Farmageddon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Farmageddon said:

Was Milo even there this year? I was talking about 2009 too.

milo and kate was in the list but nobody saw nothing about it

The one I described. maybe?

the advanced chatterbox?

now we will only see how advanced it is once it gets released but i don' think it will be closer to what we saw.