By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: Milo is a tech demo, not planned for release

milo was real enticing(not enough for me to want kinect). i still think it could be done on PSeye. i still haven't seen anything that distinguishes the 2 other then there names. (not debatable)

Around the Network

Tweet courtesy of Lionhead(most likely in response to today's "news"):

RT @SamVanTilburgh: Team Milo http://tweetphoto.com/29832795

Dallinor said:
slowmo said:

Slow week for Sony news?  Usually the case when we start seeing Kinect bashing threads.

In what way is this 'Kinect bashing news?'

in "I am too emotional and I get my feelings hurt easily" :)

Well Greenberg just recanted.  http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6267123/microsofts-greenberg-recants-milo-comments-says-game-in-development

Yep.  Lots of egg that needs to wiped off of faces now here now if there's any honor here . . .

lol

Around the Network
Farmageddon said:

Ha, some people were just missinformed and expected much more than what Milo was stated to be even by Molyneux himself. Of course the thing didn't understand what you were saying. Of course it couldn't really make completely new, non-programmed answers on the fly. It was all about "smoke and mirrors" (he used the term himself), as basically all AI trying to resemble a human is. It would simply take a few things (like tone of voice, maybe basic facial expressions, and keywords) and try to interpret that, and of course use scripted answers, and this was pointed out by the developers themselves, so people acting like it was supposed to be anything more are simply wrong.

Also, even this looks like a big project on AI, and it must be remembered Lionhead has plenty of experience in that field, and they allegedly had been working on a project that became Milo a long time before Natal came around.

even if they had experience the thing that they showed at E3 and promised were too high to be done

Scientist themselves haven't understood how different people react and these peopl can and with government funding the scientists couldn't how could MS

just resembling a human is not what they promised but having a human fully interact with you is what they promised

Dallinor said:
slowmo said:

Slow week for Sony news?  Usually the case when we start seeing Kinect bashing threads.

I happen to believe the way the OP steered the discussion and many subsequent posts in this thread have only one intention, you believe what you like, I'm merely stating an opinion.

I find the update rather hilarious reading through this thread again.

slowmo said:
Dallinor said:
slowmo said:

I happen to believe the way the OP steered the discussion and many subsequent posts in this thread have only one intention, you believe what you like, I'm merely stating an opinion.

we don't state an opinion but discuss here

and the OP just posted news

So it was all just a lie to get attention.  What a cheap tactic.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Dallinor said:
slowmo said:

in "I am too emotional and I get my feelings hurt easily" :)

More like I'm bored of reading Sony fans trolling kind of way.  Welcome to the site not that we need another one of you.