By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Firmware 3.40 Features - PSN+, Video Editor/Uploader, and much more

Hmm, decisions, decisions. PSN Plus sounds "OK" right now but I'm sure it'll get better once things get rolling. If I wait to see if it's worth it, I'll lose the 3 months extra, but if I subcribe now, I may be disappointed....

Around the Network

think about this! if SONY can get 20 mill pple to subcribe to the yearly plan...thay can have to 4 billion lost on PS3 back in 4 years with just PSN alone

Xxain said:

think about this! if SONY can get 20 mill pple to subcribe to the yearly plan...thay can have to 4 billion lost on PS3 back in 4 years with just PSN alone

lol

I'm just hoping enough people pony up the cash so that they decide they don't need to make cross game voice chat PS Plus exclusive.

Honestly, them making it exclusive would be bullshit, and it'd make me want to unsubscribe on principal.  It's a feature that will cost them nothing to support, and should be free for all!

makingmusic476 said:
Xxain said:

lol

I'm just hoping enough people pony up the cash so that they decide they don't need to make cross game voice chat PS Plus exclusive.

Honestly, them making it exclusive would be bullshit, and it'd make me want to unsubscribe on principal.  It's a feature that will cost them nothing to support, and should be free for all!

makingmusic476 said:
Xxain said:

lol

well 20mill is a high point just gettin 10 mill will score them 500k thay can atleast get that right?

Around the Network
Xxain said:
makingmusic476 said:
Xxain said:

lol

well 20mill is a high point just gettin 10 mill will score them 500k thay can atleast get that right?

Unless they suddenly make a major feature like online play PS Plus exlcusive, I doubt it.  Most people aren't going to be tempted by discounts, betas that they may not even know about, and free avatars.

If they can improve heavily on the services side (add in more features like Netflix, cloud storage, etc.) and start heavily advertising the package, I could see them maybe hitting that.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony starts advertising the new package.  A TV ad advertising the inevitable exclusive KZ3/LBP2 beta access would be interesting, for example.

I think they have a pretty good shot at making up the money with PSN , new warranty deal [since only a small precentage of those systems will actually break] and the system now selling for a profit.

OT: I don't really mind losing the 3 months. After looking over everything available, I'm really not that enticed to get PSN yet. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:

I think they have a pretty good shot at making up the money with PSN , new warranty deal [since only a small precentage of those systems will actually break] and the system now selling for a profit.

OT: I don't really mind losing the 3 months. After looking over everything available, I'm really not that enticed to get PSN yet. 

It's BS that the warranty deal is only available for ps3s still under warranty.

The initial plan for PS Plus included an extended warranty (and a $70 yearly price =/), but at least that would've been available to everybody.

I'm worried about my 60gb.  =(

Pretty sweet, I really like the additional youtube and facebook integration. Though some more game related features would have been nice as well. The rating system is nice though.

Since I have a PSP Go the PSN service is pretty damn sweet, 24 (30) minis in a year time for free? (Vector TD and age of zombies are one of my most played short bursts of entertainment). Also PSN games (I'm a Wipeout fan, yet without HD) and all the other features?

...brb

I'm a member.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising