By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The new DS' screen are defective by nature?

kitler53 said:
never heard of any problems. are you sure he's not a hater?

ROFL!!@@!@! now that was funny!

HATER ALERT!!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I have a crimson red DS.. I've never had any problems with the screen.

What makes me sad is that the older screens don't have this annoying yellow tint, and problems of "shadowing" and all of these problems... Nintendo, greedy, shame on you.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Daileon said:
What makes me sad is that the older screens don't have this annoying yellow tint, and problems of "shadowing" and all of these problems... Nintendo, greedy, shame on you.

Actually research it a bit more, you'll find the original DS Lites have other screen degradation problems.  The pink screen I have is just one of the issue's.  Nintendo is taking back any of the original DS Lite's with horribly degraded screens so you aren't hearing about them much.  The yellowish tinge might be due to some protectant that Nintendo's using.  I wouldn't just chalk it up as worse screens to cut costs especially when the DS Lite's still holding the same price it has since Launch.  Nintendo's not that greedy.  They know it would bite them in the ass if they dropped quality to ensure a better profit.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Daileon said:

Well, I have a question. A friend of mine said that ALL new DS' are coming with a poor quality screen, kinda yellow, leaving shadows where there is movement and all.

I know that the Crimson Red ones are the ones with bad screen, but someone told me that they are fixed and that is not a problem anymore. So now, this guy say to me that ALL versions are STILL problematics.

Can anybody enlight me about this subject? Thanks.

Fill a pez dispenser with cyanide pills and offer your friend some.

Seriously, unless he HAS a DS with this issue that he can show you, then I'd say he's a hater.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

I have to say one thing about this matter: Fuck Sony.

The color of the screen may be because of the screens protection. It doesn't necessarily mean, that it would be cheaper, they actually may have improved the protection, for example with titaniumdiokside, which by the way has been used in plastics for ages. Although it doesn't have a yellow color (if i recall), it may still bend the light with certain frequenses from certain angles.

The "fuck Sony" just reminded me of my digital camera, which broke down last friday, because of Sonys faulty CCD:s. They had used plastic instead of ceramic in the CCD frame to manufacture it cheap. Oh, well it was old camera anyway and i was planning of getting new one.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

i dont have any problems with my ds

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.