By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

WALLLLLLLS OFFFFFF QUOOOOOOOTESSSSSSSS!!!!

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:

Yep.  The tide has officially CHANGED.  But not in the obvious way (sales numbers), but in another more relevant way.

Now the tenor of these forums will switch from the majority PS3 fanboys hi-fiving and celebrating with 'Mission Accomplished' banners while the small subset of 360 fanboys exercising futility in trying to balance things out with 'wait for the fabled 360 slim' chorus sang in unison.  Now the roles reverse and the PS3 fanpire on these boards turn defensive in a thundering barrage of strawman arguments, childish insults and selective reasoning while the 360 fanbellion ride a wave of premature hope for a return to a more civilized age.

It is a cycle that has repeated for 3 years, with the roles alternating annually.  Will this be the year the cycle breaks and both sides come to step back and look at the success that everyone has achieved?  Or will the flames of ignorant obliviousness perpetuate this cycle of ineffectual faux communication?

So far I have yet to see a bunch of "childish insults" on this thread.  I would imagine their would be a lot of bannings if that were the case.  And "selective" reasoning and discussions are the reasons we even have these boards.  If we all thought and believed the same it would be a very boring forum.  I think you're just blowing things out of proportion.  PS3 guys see this trend not being able to sustain itself, while 360 guys think it can.  What's the big deal?

thismeintiel said:

So far I have yet to see a bunch of "childish insults" on this thread.  I would imagine their would be a lot of bannings if that were the case.  And "selective" reasoning and discussions are the reasons we even have these boards.  If we all thought and believed the same it would be a very boring forum.  I think you're just blowing things out of proportion.  PS3 guys see this trend not being able to sustain itself, while 360 guys think it can.  What's the big deal?

Maybe I skimmed a little too aggressively but I haven't seen any of this that you claim. All I've seen is really talk that the Xbox 360 will outsell its previous best year.

Tease.

great news!

Squilliam said:
thismeintiel said:

Maybe I skimmed a little too aggressively but I haven't seen any of this that you claim. All I've seen is really talk that the Xbox 360 will outsell its previous best year.

What exactly did I claim?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Squilliam said:
thismeintiel said:

PS3 guys see this trend not being able to sustain itself, while 360 guys think it can.  What's the big deal?

I saw nothing said of sustaining increased sales from what I saw.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
thismeintiel said:
Squilliam said:
thismeintiel said:

PS3 guys see this trend not being able to sustain itself, while 360 guys think it can.  What's the big deal?

Mayne not sustaining for months on end.  But many were saying this wouldn't be just a momentary increase of just a few weeks.  Some even claiming it would outsell PS3 for the majority of the rest of the year.  That in itself would mean sustained high sales in America.

thismeintiel said:
Squilliam said:

Mayne not sustaining for months on end.  But many were saying this wouldn't be just a momentary increase of just a few weeks.  Some even claiming it would outsell PS3 for the majority of the rest of the year.  That in itself would mean sustained high sales in America.

I guess I missed it.

Tease.

Solid_Snake4RD said:

You cannot accuse Hamilton of being a accident prone driver overtaking and then proceed to claim Vettel is amazing.  Vettel has caused far more accidents in the last two years.  In fact both Webber and Vettel need to be investigated and remanded for dangerous driving with their blocking and over aggressive "sail it up the inside" manouveurs.

Alonso might be a great driver but this year he has been overtaken at the end of Grand Prix's by the formerly good driver known as Schumacher and the rookie Kobayashi, not evidence of someone leagues ahead of others.  Alonso still hasn't got over his year at Mclaren and needs to grow up quick and move on as it's obviously affecting his driving imo.

For the record btw, I'm a JB fan.  While I recognise he isn't the fastest driver on the grid, he is one of the finer in terms of racecraft and consistancy which are both very useful gifts for a F1 driver.

thismeintiel said:

I'm sure you'll find that they meant not just as a direct result of the new slim model but with Kinect launching as well.  Anyway I'm not pretending to have a crystal ball but it should make for a very heated battle this holiday.