By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

Darth Tigris said:

Yep.  The tide has officially CHANGED.  But not in the obvious way (sales numbers), but in another more relevant way.

Now the tenor of these forums will switch from the majority PS3 fanboys hi-fiving and celebrating with 'Mission Accomplished' banners while the small subset of 360 fanboys exercising futility in trying to balance things out with 'wait for the fabled 360 slim' chorus sang in unison.  Now the roles reverse and the PS3 fanpire on these boards turn defensive in a thundering barrage of strawman arguments, childish insults and selective reasoning while the 360 fanbellion ride a wave of premature hope for a return to a more civilized age.

It is a cycle that has repeated for 3 years, with the roles alternating annually.  Will this be the year the cycle breaks and both sides come to step back and look at the success that everyone has achieved?  Or will the flames of ignorant obliviousness perpetuate this cycle of ineffectual faux communication?

Good lord. You're trying way too hard.

Around the Network

this is sad. its just one week and everybody's lossing there minds. and sure maybe its a sign of things to come, but is all this negativity necessary? there seems to be alot of gloating going on in here thats not needed.

even the title of the thread is wrong. we all know its either going to be Wii or DS at the top of the sell charts so if theres any gloating going on it should be from Nintendo fans.

this is nothing more then a weak third place victory. 

Spedfrom said:
Darth Tigris said:

Yep.  The tide has officially CHANGED.  But not in the obvious way (sales numbers), but in another more relevant way.

Now the tenor of these forums will switch from the majority PS3 fanboys hi-fiving and celebrating with 'Mission Accomplished' banners while the small subset of 360 fanboys exercising futility in trying to balance things out with 'wait for the fabled 360 slim' chorus sang in unison.  Now the roles reverse and the PS3 fanpire on these boards turn defensive in a thundering barrage of strawman arguments, childish insults and selective reasoning while the 360 fanbellion ride a wave of premature hope for a return to a more civilized age.

It is a cycle that has repeated for 3 years, with the roles alternating annually.  Will this be the year the cycle breaks and both sides come to step back and look at the success that everyone has achieved?  Or will the flames of ignorant obliviousness perpetuate this cycle of ineffectual faux communication?

Ha what he said is actually true.

yo_john117 said:
Spedfrom said:
Darth Tigris said:

Ha what he said is actually true.

darth is on the mark. a poet? didn't know! i stopped gloating about PS3 sells along time ago. PS3 sold 16 m in there first 2 yr's compared to 12m for 360 in its first 2yrs(according to VG chartz numbers)

i'm just happy i got great games to play on the system's i prefure to play games on. this is'nt debatable. its a somber moment.

slowmo said:
Darth Tigris said:

I think you know the answer to that question...

It won't break. It has been happening for 3 years and there is no signs of stopping.

Around the Network
AvZeroMkA157 said:
slowmo said:
Darth Tigris said:

It won't break. It has been happening for 3 years and there is no signs of stopping.

srry darth your talking about the blind that can't seee the good games they have to enjoy. i got sucked into this just last yr by gamers on this site and i've been fighting out of it ever sense.

AvZeroMkA157 said:
slowmo said:
Darth Tigris said:

it will be tough this as people can actually buy a PS3 in their reach now at $299

RaY_Z said:
deskpro2k3 said:
RaY_Z said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

only in america

I think you will find a few other countries follwoing suit soon

Never heard so many excuses in all my life

That is not an excuse, it was simply a comment.

A comment/excuse.

Comments can be excuses and vise versa buddy =)

dictionary time 101;

Comment: To make a remark.

Excuse: An explanation designed to avoid or alleviate guilt or negative judgement.

@ jneul

embeding that way still doesn't work. don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Exactly... Thats pretty much what "only in america" conveys...

an explanation designed to avoid or alleviate guilt or negative judgement

;)

One thing for sure is that you're hard of understanding. In what way was "only in america" came to be an explanation? It is a remark, now read the whole sentence instead of bolding out selected parts, and then try harder to get it in your thick skull.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Japan doesn't like 360... I'm not surprised.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
selnor said:
zero129 said:
welshbloke said:
selnor said:
EncodedNybble said:

I would like to wager money, but can't actually ;)  So, what are the usual wagers on here, I put up a particular signature for a set period of time?

Sounds good. I realise now that 6 months is a long time. And that even 1 sale makes me lose. ROFL.

But I wont back out. I'm a man. :)

Being a man does not make this wager a fair one. He changed the rules on you. 1 week sales does not maketh a comeback. I would haggle for something a little bit more realistic as you will be hammered by the slightlest glitch but you point will still be valid.

Yep if i was you id keep to the bet that 360 total sales for the next 6 months will be above ps3, and 1 week of sales etc does not count but total sales, of every month from now till the end of the year.

Yeah lol. I know it's a lose for me. GT5 week should do it, unless Kinect release is then. Then I think 360 will stay on top. But hey, it's only fun. As long as the bet doesnt include changing my Lewis pic. ;)

i hate that lewis image as i don't like lewis or his smile

MASSA,ALONE the way to go

anybody betting SELNOR make that change

LOL. I like the kid. Obviously for his talent. Alonso to. I wont say much about sports personalities. Because to me thats a sad thing. None of us know them personally, and thats like judging a book by the cover. His smile is opinion I guess. 

But if you love the sport you cant deny Lewis is a very talented man.