By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP! 360 reigns supreme!!

the sales may not have been as 'impressive' because the system didn't have an official announce date. they just said, 'shipping today.' well that means some people will get it before others. IF THEY WERE SMARTER, they would have had an announce date. instead it was a guessing/waiting game to find out when your local store gets some.

p.s. traded my arcade in for the new one, best gaming move I've ever made! lol

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:
shinyuhadouken said:

360 finally back on top of ps3. 

it'll probably stay like that for the remainder of the year. 

Care to make a wager?

ahh..no thanks.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

shinyuhadouken said:
EncodedNybble said:
shinyuhadouken said:

360 finally back on top of ps3. 

it'll probably stay like that for the remainder of the year. 

Care to make a wager?

ahh..no thanks.

then you think PS3 will outsell it again?????

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:

No console has been sold without storage what are you talking about? The old arcades came with memory cards, the newer came with internal memory. Since memory card ports are gone it will have internal memory or a harddrive, im guessing the latter, since why even bother with a redesign if you aren't gonna make the thing thats holding the console back the most, mandatory? Every game ever made for 360 runs better if you have a harddrive.

when did i say no console has been sold without storage

i am just questioning the idea of including a small ugly  USB hanging out of console for the storage part,better do a HDD like one in XBOX S

I understood what you were meaning and I agree, redesigning it with that quite cool "muscle car hood" shape and then ruining it with a thingie dangling wouldn't be wise. Nothing prevents MS from including an USB device INSIDE the case, but then, using a SATA connection instead wouldn't cost more and it would give better performances.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

it's possible, but i highly doubt it. 

this gen is full of surprises as you very well know. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network

No one would notice the USB Stick sticking out the back.  HDD just cost to much to include with the Arcade.  If they are going to include a HDD then the least costly one to include is the 250GB HDD. Do you think they really will sell an Arcade that costs more to produce than the 250GB 360 S just so it can have a smaller HDD in it.  USB stick is the way to go.  They could even create one especially for the back of the 360 S that hugs it like the 360 WiFi adapters did.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Duplicate Post

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:

No one would notice the USB Stick sticking out the back.  HDD just cost to much to include with the Arcade.  If they are going to include a HDD then the least costly one to include is the 250GB HDD. Do you think they really will sell an Arcade that costs more to produce than the 250GB 360 S just so it can have a smaller HDD in it.  USB stick is the way to go.  They could even create one especially for the back of the 360 S that hugs it like the 360 WiFi adapters did

USB stick is the way to go to reduce ciost but not if you want your console to standlone in your living room

the USB would stick stick out from back like popping out

Yep.  The tide has officially CHANGED.  But not in the obvious way (sales numbers), but in another more relevant way.

Now the tenor of these forums will switch from the majority PS3 fanboys hi-fiving and celebrating with 'Mission Accomplished' banners while the small subset of 360 fanboys exercising futility in trying to balance things out with 'wait for the fabled 360 slim' chorus sang in unison.  Now the roles reverse and the PS3 fanpire on these boards turn defensive in a thundering barrage of strawman arguments, childish insults and selective reasoning while the 360 fanbellion ride a wave of premature hope for a return to a more civilized age.

It is a cycle that has repeated for 3 years, with the roles alternating annually.  Will this be the year the cycle breaks and both sides come to step back and look at the success that everyone has achieved?  Or will the flames of ignorant obliviousness perpetuate this cycle of ineffectual faux communication?

Darth Tigris said:

Yep.  The tide has officially CHANGED.  But not in the obvious way (sales numbers), but in another more relevant way.

Now the tenor of these forums will switch from the majority PS3 fanboys hi-fiving and celebrating with 'Mission Accomplished' banners while the small subset of 360 fanboys exercising futility in trying to balance things out with 'wait for the fabled 360 slim' chorus sang in unison.  Now the roles reverse and the PS3 fanpire on these boards turn defensive in a thundering barrage of strawman arguments, childish insults and selective reasoning while the 360 fanbellion ride a wave of premature hope for a return to a more civilized age.

It is a cycle that has repeated for 3 years, with the roles alternating annually.  Will this be the year the cycle breaks and both sides come to step back and look at the success that everyone has achieved?  Or will the flames of ignorant obliviousness perpetuate this cycle of ineffectual faux communication?

I think you know the answer to that question...