By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I figured out why the Wii doesn't get better third party support

It can be summed up much shorter: publishers are stupid.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

But that goes against what Rol has concluded! I'm with Rol on this  one.

The BuShA owns all!

I think it's because devs don't want to even try to compete with Nintendo on quality games and choose to simply make cash-ins that take no effort yet make more money.  Why try and make the next New Super Mario Bros when Just dance 2 will make just as much money?

Wii is overtracked 20 million on VGChartz.

Vertigo-X said:
Chrizum said:

But that goes against what Rol has concluded! I'm with Rol on this  one.

No it doesn't.

Around the Network

You know, it does make perfect sense.

.............................uh...... that must be a misquote, I can't bring myself to believe that, that's too much proof that the person should get laid off.

It was humorous and fun, but it is too short. This rol thread lacks replay value.

On a serious note, it seems that even the gamecube got better third party support. We have heard from developers that they can't ignore the wii because of its market share, yet they continue to do it anyway. I think developers have convinced themselves of many assumptions about the wii and its market.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

RolStoppable said:
dahuman said:

.............................uh...... that must be a misquote, I can't bring myself to believe that, that's too much proof that the person should get laid off.

It is understood that he said that. Additionally, sources close to Activision indicated that this is the line of thinking that's going on inside the company.

how much of the press have picked this up so far? that the number is way off and they are retarded? I still find it to be ridiculous to the point where I don't want to believe a multi billion dollar company can be this stupid, which is one of the things wrong with America today.

This does not make sense.  The "Gamecube on steroids" comment is another way of saying "two Gamecubes duct-taped together," so if this was really what they were thinking they would have said that there were only 6 million Wiis in North America.

Here's the truth of the matter: Activision knows full well that there are roughly 33 million Wiis in North America.  However, they are a third-party publisher, so what matters to them is how many games a system's userbase buys per year.  We know that the Real Gaming Console, the 360, sells about nine gamers per console to its userbase.  We also know that Wii gamers are casual gamers, and that casual gamers only buy one or two games with their system.  Since Activision is being generous to Nintendo, on behalf of the obvious moneyhat, it's also counting Wii Sports as a game.  That means Wii owners average three games for their system, i.e. one-third of what a real system gets. 

Thirty-three million divided by three is...?

The extra million is for the additional consoles that will be sold between now and November.

My logic is irrefutable.