By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like NSMB Wii will be the fastest to 15 million at 32 weeks

Alic0004 said:
Acevil said:

Nice, to see it doing awesome. Hopefully Nintendo does more 2d platformers!

Err.... did you miss E3?  :)

I meant 2d Mario Games! :P 

Around the Network

Very impressive. Thats all there is to say really, as games on other single non-Nintendo platforms seemingly take a lot longer to reach such levels. I mean how long did it take the Sims to reach 16 million? Many many years.

yum123 said:
sethnintendo said:
yum123 said:

im pretty sure modern warfare 2 did it quicker than this

On all platforms or just one?  If you want to count all platforms that is a little unfair. 

how is that unfair a sale of a game is a sale of a game and mw2 sold 15 mil in 9 maybe 8 weeks 4 times faster than nsmbro wii

....because iff NSMB Wii was available on all platforms, it would be the fastest and best selling game of all time, already....

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Of course counting the multiple versions of Modern Warfare 2 makes sense. Claiming differently is just strange.

Modern Warfare 2 essentially made it in 8 weeks, on Ps3 X360. That's an absolutely amazing feat, and that is the fastest game to 15 million. NSMB Wii has the fastest on single platform, but overall, Modern Warfare 2 is the fastest.

Modern Warfare seems to become the fastest to 20 million too, with  45-50 weeks or so. It seems unlikely that it will reach 25 million, though.

25 million will first go to Mario Kart Wii with ~ 140 weeks.  Later, Wii Sports Resort should grab that, with New Super Mario Bros. Wii grabbing the second spot.

Which means that NSMB Wii is likely to be 2nd to 15 million, 3rd to 20 million and 2nd to 25 million.  It might be the quickest to 30 million. It might also be the best selling non-bundled game of the generation. I'd say that's enough, without having to make up excuses to disclude Modern Warfare 2 from being the fastest to 2, 5, 10, 15 and 20 million.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
yum123 said:
sethnintendo said:
yum123 said:

im pretty sure modern warfare 2 did it quicker than this

On all platforms or just one?  If you want to count all platforms that is a little unfair.

how is that unfair a sale of a game is a sale of a game and mw2 sold 15 mil in 9 maybe 8 weeks 4 times faster than nsmbro wii

....because iff NSMB Wii was available on all platforms, it would be the fastest and best selling game of all time, already....

But it's not. Why on earth should a title having a higher potential than another exclude the other from the competition?

Made money faster than MW2, also, reasons:

1 - Costed less

2 - It was much less advertised

3 - It's first Party

4 - Sold lots of wii motes!

The game is a beast!