By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII On Xbox 360 Being Phased Out By UK Retailers

Final Fantasy XIII On Xbox 360 Being Phased Out By UK Retailers

Link: http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/final-fantasy-xiii-on-xbox-360-being-phased-out-by-uk-retailers--961.html

When Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIII would be coming out on the Xbox 360, people instantly thought about how this would affect sales. Multiplatform titles on Xbox 360 pretty much always outsold their PS3 counterpart, but Final Fantasy had a very strong Sony following.

It turns out that the PS3 version convincingly outsold the Xbox 360 version, and this is now being strongly reflected by how retailers are approaching both versions of the title. Currently in the UK, the Xbox 360 version has had its price slashed by online retailers Play.com and Amazon, while the PS3 version's price remains completely untouched.

It suggests that the Xbox 360 version of the title simply isn't selling as well as they expected and they're trying to offload some of their inventory on the cheap. It could mean that they phase out the Xbox 360 version completely, something that isn't uncommon on Play.com after titles are featured in sales.

Around the Network

Well clearly there is a bigger demand for the game on the PS3. Hence, less of a reason to cut the price on the PS3.

Seems logical to me. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Borderlands and Dragon Age was cheaper on the PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Blood_Tears said:

"It could mean that they phase out the Xbox 360 version completely, something that isn't uncommon on Play.com after titles are featured in sales."

Excellent reporting!

noname2200 said:
Blood_Tears said:

"It could mean that they phase out the Xbox 360 version completely, something that isn't uncommon on Play.com after titles are featured in sales."

Excellent reporting!

I didn't write the article , just posted it here..

In defence of FF13 on the 360...it's done its job, i.e divert attention from a game that was suppose to be a ps3 exclusive onto the 360.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
noname2200 said:
Blood_Tears said:

Excellent reporting!

I didn't write the article , just posted it here..

I know, didn't mean to imply you did.

Thats a pretty huge price drop to imply anything other than a clearance. 

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

Haven't paid attention to the xbox360 version but the PS3 one is to be found for £20-25, including at amazon.co.uk (where the 360 version is actually a tad higher).

Though I do think the xbox version came down first. Still, the original article is from a couple of days ago, by which time the PS3 version's price was anything but untouched.

LOL.

The article says they could phase out the 360 version. 

A quick phone call to GAME made my friend laugh. His reply ( He's the manager of my local GAME )

" If we are phasing out FF13, then we will phase out every JRPG on 360. Because FF13 is the best selling 360 JRPG. Stocks will lower, but we will always stock it. To be honest the PS3 version isnt all that great either anymore. "

So according to the OP article, Lost Odyssey, Tales, TLR, IU and the rest of JRPG's could be phased out completely.

Oh dear. A slow news day. 

Last time I checked:

Last 4 weeks of sales in Europe for FF13 on both PS3 and 360. 

PS3:                                             360:

9,882                                            12,672

8,844                                            11,806

6,946                                            7,009

8,383                                            6,395

Next thread. 

Final Fantasy XIII to be phased out completely due to 360 version selling currently better than PS3 version in Europe.

LOL.

Japan retailers are trying to sell the Ps3 version brand new for 95% off.

It's essentially in the bargain bin.