By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA Excited over Ps3 sales "Target"

http://news.filefront.com/sony-outsells-wii-in-japan-ea-excited-over-ps3-sales-target/

A quote from the article:

"Last Friday marked one of those points where you can say something’s changed,” he said. “Around the world, based on the data I’ve got, it was pretty clear that the transition is now over.”According to Riccitiello, Sony’s recent price cut for the PS3 will ensure that the console will hit the company’s sales target of 11 million units."

People on this site think SONY's target is "impossible" but hey EA thinks it's definetely possible....

Considering EA has been angry with PS3 sales all this year, this kind of a news coming from them is very encouraging for Ps3 fans...

So please EA, now no more crappy ports!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Whatever they think doesn't change the numbers. Sorry, EA.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Its nowhere near impossible.

If it hits 8 million by december 31st, it has to sell a million units per month. They might make it.

mM

We will know in April 2008 thanks to Sony financial Report if SCE can achieve 11 million PS3 shipped this fiscal year.
So there is no problem.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@leo-j

but do you really thin they will sell 1 million units per month
now if MGS 4 & KZ 2 hadn't been delayed THEN YES

but now...I'ts quite hard..

tho they will be VERY close

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Around the Network

It's impossible. Their target is of 11 million shipped during this fiscal year (ending 31st March 2008), in addition to the 3.6 million they shipped in the last fiscal year. That would mean 14.6 million shipped by 31st March 2008. Since it's normal for retailers to have 500-750k units in stock at a time (outside Christmas periods at least), it would imply around 14 million sold to consumers.

No matter what EA says, it's impossible.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Well Its actually 800k per month not 1 million.

mM
leo-j said:
Its nowhere near impossible.

If it hits 8 million by december 31st, it has to sell a million units per month. They might make it.

SCE forecast isn't 11 millions PS3 units sold to retailers LTD but 11 millions  PS3 units sold to retailers in current fiscal year.

Does someone remember in this fisrt half of fiscal year how many PS3 units SCE reports to have sold ? 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@NJ5

are you sure it's not just 11 MILLION Lifetime by march 08 (which in itself is hard)

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

I DO NOT support Xbox

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

I thought it was 14 million shipped and 11 milion sold?

They can make 11 M if they are right on 8M dec 31st and sell about 700k monthly WW.

mM