By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It seems like Kinect is taking a early lead over Move (Preorders)

at gamestop kinect is 4 and move is 50 something.

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/search.aspx?N=0&No=0

ff fantatic said

so pre-orders == sales lol, this is funny if true, also if that $140 price tag is true expect a lot of cancelled pre-orders.

everywhere you can pre-order kinect its priced at 150 so they are buying it in spite of that price. pricing it at 140 should increase its preorders.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

The move is going to be interesting considering anyone with an eyetoy camera only needs to buy the 49.99 Move controller, whereas everyone needs to buy a kinect if they want to enjoy it. 

It seems a little too convenient. I call marketing tricks!

rossoner said:

And on all eu amazons Move,Move bundles lead on preorder charts. Natal s nowhere near.

Ur point?

Wrong.

I don't think either Move or Kinect are even available for preorder yet in Europe because I just checked all 3 Amazon Europe sites and I didn't see any of them had EITHER in their top 100.

Next time do some research before spouting off misinformation as fact.

EDIT:  Someone beat me to it already.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Move-Controller-PS3/dp/B003BT5GJM/ref=pd_nr_vg_h__30?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Move is on the charts in the UK but Kinect isn't available yet.

Around the Network

COnfirmed th3 Mov3 is da doomzed :O :O :O

and yea the reason is simple, the number of tv shows the product appeared on aka MS marketing campaign in the US has already started...really haven't seen a single ad on Move yet..only time will tell

I prsonally think KInect will be more front loaded but Move will sell more in the long run, we shall see :) Either way I hope BOTH sell great

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Doesn't Amazon account for only like 3 % of sales ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

From what i've seen of the Kinect so far it looks to do the same job as the eyetoy, just Microsoft are plowing more money into promoting it (like they do with everything, e.g. nearly every game advert is followed by - "available on Xbox 360, console from £/$XXX" - even if it's also available on the PS3) Kinect also seems like a ploy for MS to launch their new 'slim' console. I can see loads of sales for the kinect but not a high percentage actually using it. I can see Move having a slow start but as more and more games incorporate it the sales start to pick up.

Kinect is a revolution, no use of controlers, recognizes your boddy in 3D, voice control, all this is much more appeling than Move, the only problem is the price, if they sell it for U$ 99 the sales would be much higher, can you imagine if it was U$ 49?

Move games are serious, kinect games are fun... that's the hole point, Sony didn't learnd with Wii.

Price is the only problem of kinect.

Most people who preorder it now are core gamers

I dont think core gamers care much about Kinect. 

I think you're both right. As a Wii owner with a big family, I've gotten several games that I didn't care for just so my friends could play them (i.e. Just Dance, Wii Fit, DDR [which I actually ended up playing the most]). This is probably a similar situation.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " ~John 14:6 (NKJV)