By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It seems like Kinect is taking a early lead over Move (Preorders)

Its bit early but just for pure speculation, according to Amazon.com, the general public seems to prefer the Kinect over the Move..

"Microsoft's Kinect is currently ranked at #2, with the Xbox 360 Slim right behind it. Move products are found around the half-point, with the PlayStation Move Navigation Controller at #46, the Move Starter Bundle at #49, and the Move Controller at #55. This puts all the Move's products behind the Wii Remote and a Wii Remote MotionPlus Bundle, which are ranked at #32 and #45, respectively"

-Signs of things to come OR simply more people know about Kinect????

-Signs that Kinect will be more frontloaded than Move????

-Perhaps the motion control market (casuals) see MOVE as more of a wii-mote knockoff thats been available for 5years?????

Around the Network

I think it could also point to a more fragmented product due to increased choice, Kinect has one choice Move has multiple. This sort of happened to the 360 consoles on Amazon when they had so many versions when compared to say the 1 40gb PS3 model. The PS3 model would appear higher but when you took into account the various versions in the 360 range it became less clear.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Move has 3 different bundles yet Natal has 1

enjoy your crow :)

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

gamelover2000 said:

Move has 3 different bundles yet Natal has 1

enjoy your crow :)

I was just quoting an article..relaxx

http://www.examiner.com/x-19370-LA-Video-Game-Industry-Examiner~y2010m6d21-Hardware-Wars-Kinect-already-outselling-the-Move

You have to consider a few things here.

1. Most people who preorder it now are core gamers. Casuals don't even know about Kinect yet.

2. In America the userbase of the 360 is much bigger than the one of the PS3.

3. There aren't any console bundles available right now.

Especially number 1 and 2 combined are the reason for that. But don't get me wrong, I still think that Kinect will have more success and will lead to higher X360 sales in the end (except for Japan, Xbox360 is already almost dead there and it can't be revived by anything).

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

And on all eu amazons Move,Move bundles lead on preorder charts. Natal s nowhere near.

Ur point?

Kinect will sell better than Move, even if Move has the better games (which looks to be the case). The reason is because the Move lacks the "new" factor that the Wii has, and because of that, it will not sell much beyond Sony's core fanbase. Why would new users, particularly the more casual audience, pick up a $300 PS3 and another $100 for Move when they can get a Wii that's ready to go with 2 games for half the price?

Kinect as least has that sort of novelty factor to it that will bring in some strong early sales. However, judging by the game quality, I expect sales to taper off pretty quick, at least until Kinect starts getting some real quality games that are hits. I honestly think the new slim 360 model will push sales far more than Kinect.

snfr said:

You have to consider a few things here.

1. Most people who preorder it now are core gamers. Casuals don't even know about Kinect yet.

2. In America the userbase of the 360 is much bigger than the one of the PS3.

3. There aren't any console bundles available right now.

Especially number 1 and 2 combined are the reason for that. But don't get me wrong, I still think that Kinect will have more success and will lead to higher X360 sales in the end (except for Japan, Xbox360 is already almost dead there and it can't be revived by anything).

(1) =  I dont think core gamers care much about Kinect. And Kinect did get quiet alot of exposure during E3 through the Media and especially by microsoft. So alot more people (including casuals) knows about Kinect that we may think.

x360 is dead in Japan ever since it was released there..lol

so pre-orders == sales lol, this is funny if true, also if that $140 price tag is true expect a lot of cancelled pre-orders.

rossoner said:

And on all eu amazons Move,Move bundles lead on preorder charts. Natal s nowhere near.

Ur point?

Thats bcoz there is no Natal on pre-order....in any online store or any local game shop :)