By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr Khan said:
theprof00 said:
Kamal said:
theprof00 said:

Man, I haven't gotten one comment on my recommendations...

Am actually going to look into Mononoke and Coyote Ragtime, probably watch it at friday!

I've actually only seen like 3 episodes of coyote ragtime, so I can't comment on how good they are, but there were some cool ideas they were using. They might not have fulfilled their potential though.

Mononoke is amazing though.

I saw a bit of Mononoke, but thought it had the tendency to grow formulaic. Is that not the case?

I've only seen 3 arcs,,,they seemed similar, but they are pretty much episodic, so yeah, it is formulaic.

It's still very good.

Around the Network

Berserk < the best anime series I've ever seen, short, spot on, shocking, well told, dark, creepy, emotionaly engaging

and also Samurai Champloo (not sure about the spelling), this one is an interesting project revealing some of the japanese thinking, little about their history and so on, educational and fun at the same time, not too corny

but Berserk is MUST-SEE

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

V-r0cK said:
lildb21 said:

Bleach....

Second this. 

Bleach was good till the end of the first real arc, up from there it sucks so bad. The anime is terribad and the manga went to hell also. The only reason I still read it is because I really like Kubo's art style.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Kamal said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

...and just to reitterate, there is not an anime mentioned in this thread, with the exception of Monster, that is anywhere nearly as good as Gurren Lagann. WTF bro, how are you listing it with that other shit. You're going to have to explain that to me before I go any further.

Have you watched Kaiji? If so please don't belittle it!

Yeah, I've fucking watched it. Wanna compare anime collections? I bet I own you ALL, lol. Picture war. I challenge the.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Why am I the only one who has recommended Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star? This alarms me... ~_~

Around the Network
Necromunda said:

Why am I the only one who has recommended Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star? This alarms me... ~_~

because you ignored the OP where it said "nothing before 2000"

theprof00 said:
Necromunda said:

because you ignored the OP where it said "nothing before 2000"

Plenty of other people mentioned ones before 2000 as well! And these are a definite must lol

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Kamal said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

...and just to reitterate, there is not an anime mentioned in this thread, with the exception of Monster, that is anywhere nearly as good as Gurren Lagann. WTF bro, how are you listing it with that other shit. You're going to have to explain that to me before I go any further.

Have you watched Kaiji? If so please don't belittle it!

Yeah, I've fucking watched it. Wanna compare anime collections? I bet I own you ALL, lol. Picture war. I challenge the.

So what do you think of it? No one can give it any less then 7/10, Seen One outs orAkagi?

You'll probably have a bigger collection not denying that, you wouldn't make that claim if you weren't confident would you ;P

Post it I wanna see it!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Clannad/Clannad: After Story

One of the best animes ever IMO.

Ahm maybe Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners, Eden of the East and Tsukihime

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?